Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€350 Thomann Voucher

• 18-10-2018 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi ALL

I recently got a voucher from Thomann for €350 and need to buy an interface (thinking focusrite 2i2), headphones, pop filter & potentially monitors
    I am wondering if anyone has advice on whether I could fit all of these in to my budget. Mainly looking for recommendations in terms of whether I really need a very good set of headphones or which are best value & the same for monitors
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 = €139
    Budget for headphones, monitor & pop filter = €211
    I have an average condenser mike and dynamic mike as well and 2 mike stands

Any help / thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Hi Jack,

You will probably get better advice if you could give us an idea of what you need your setup for? E.g what will you be recording, what music you want to make etc.

Personally I think with the budget you have for headphones and monitors that you may be better off buying decent headphones to start off and save money towards a bigger budget for monitors down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anoif1

I agree with @jiltloop, also I have found scouring the reviews very carefully of products has brought me to decent products for a budget.  good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jackm25

Hi All

As it turns out I am now moving to the US as such, would like to transfer the Thomann voucher for cash. Does anyone know an efficient way of doing this. Or would anyone be interested in taking it off my hands for a small discount, please dm me

Thanks
    Jack

Advertisement