Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IRC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019

• 11-10-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Just starting a thread about the IRC postdoc application for 2019 - the website currently says it's opening soon.

Best of luck to all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Greater dane

I'm just surprised the application hasn't asked for a sample of my blood yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

You mean you missed that part of the application? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

The find your mentor drop down box is a disaster (at least for me). Did every one else get on ok with it?

An_Toirpin wrote: »
    The find your mentor drop down box is a disaster (at least for me). Did every one else get on ok with it?

Why, was your mentor not on the IRC system? Mine was, but I know sometimes mentors aren't on it automatically. There should be a process to add them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭An_Toirpin

Why, was your mentor not on the IRC system? Mine was, but I know sometimes mentors aren't on it automatically. There should be a process to add them

I tried on a variety of computers with wifi and ethernet with adblockers off and no matter what I can't get a single person to appear on the list.

• Advertisement

Well after submitting a sample of my blood, detailing every meal I've eaten for the last 8 years and committing my first born to a life in academia, I have submitted the application form. Best of luck to everyone still in the throes of it and may the academic gods have mercy on us all come April.

An obvious point, but make sure the mentor/referee reports are in by 4 today - I've known people who've neglected to remind their mentors/referees and the reports haven't been in on time, disqualifying the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Turkleton Turtle

Does anyone know if they are letting us know if we passed the first part of the evaluation process this year? I can’t find anything about it in this years handbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

Results are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Solli wrote: »
    Results are out!

how did you find out yours? did you log into the smartsimple application or did you receive a notification? I cant see mine.
    thanks!

• Advertisement

Results are out!

When I login my application status is still "under assessment". Has anyone else heard anything?

When I login my application status is still "under assessment". Has anyone else heard anything?

this was happening to me yesterday. They also send an email to let you know the result though so i found out that way.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had anything from them so I guess the waiting game continues!

funnily enough I just logged into the smartsimple system there and mine is still "under assessment" even though I received a rejection email yesterday. It was the first time I applied so hopefully next year I'll be able to improve the proposal

A colleague of mine applied for the 2 year scheme and also was informed yesterday she didnt get it.

maybe no news is good news for now!! best of luck

funnily enough I just logged into the smartsimple system there and mine is still "under assessment" even though I received a rejection email yesterday. It was the first time I applied so hopefully next year I'll be able to improve the proposal

A colleague of mine applied for the 2 year scheme and also was informed yesterday she didnt get it.

maybe no news is good news for now!! best of luck

Haha yeah or maybe ignorance is bliss!

Thanks for the info, sorry to hear you didn't get it but best of luck with it next time if you decide to apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 3 UnferKate

I have yet to receive a result confirmation email and the SmartSimple system states that my application status is still "under assessment".

Anybody else in the same boat? The suspense....

AHSS applicants have been informed of their result. STEM applicants will be informed on Monday we heard from sources in the council.

AHSS applicants have been informed of their result. STEM applicants will be informed on Monday we heard from sources in the council.

Thanks for the update!

I didn't get it either for AHSS stream. Will lick my wounds and apply again next year. I got the postgrad scheme on the second go so hopefully history will repeat itself.

Have any STEM people heard anything yet?

• Advertisement

I've heard nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zhong

Nothing. Hope we can know the result today as I need to find a new position if I don't get it.

I really hope we hear something today, I just want to know either way at this point...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Siddhi

Still no word... hopefully they will let us know today!

Anyone got good news?

Anyone got good news?

It looks like the reserve list for me! I haven’t had an email but the status of my application has changed to “reserve” online.

Congrats to anyone who got it!

I think the success rate was 10 or 11% anyone else heard?

Advertisement