Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    I've bought a wristband for the Loowatt crappers in the Eco site. All about a comfy seat in the morning as part of the morning ablutions. Wouldn't be bothered with the whole showering nonsense. Queuing for those eats in to valuable can time.

Shower queues for men are usually only 5-10 mins. Double that for the women’s queues. I usually made it from my tent and back in under 40 mins. Makes a big difference to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 doc1023

dohertg5 wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I've added the second wave of acts to Upsetlist (those have have data on setlist.fm at least).

That is brilliant, thanks for that, I had started doing something similar myself and just found this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Also, coming home on the monday evening wrecked, stinking, occasionally covered in mud, foot sores, neck cramps etc. Throw everything in a corner, shave, long hot shower then watch tv in bathrobe while chinese food is being delivered. Draw a line under a perfect weekend. This doesnt quite have the same effect if youve been having vaguely uncomfortable showers at a high price all weekend

Showers are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I was female I’d pay it. Some of the horror shows you see in those portaloos.... you’d wonder how people manage it sometimes. I don’t know why ep don’t have the compost toilets like some UK and euro festivals, way nicer to use and much better for the environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Loud band = Girl band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭darzog

Some nice loud bands already, in The Jerry Fish announcement. If this is the same Lilac that is on the bill (and I rather suspect it is), then this is a cracking tune...

https://youtu.be/0RCgrR4vqFM

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SantaClaws7

MadYaker wrote: »
    If I was female I’d pay it. Some of the horror shows you see in those portaloos.... you’d wonder how people manage it sometimes. I don’t know why ep don’t have the compost toilets like some UK and euro festivals, way nicer to use and much better for the environment.

I don't think I'll ever recover from the stink from the longdrop jacks at Glastonbury in 2017. Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭endainoz

I don't think I'll ever recover from the stink from the longdrop jacks at Glastonbury in 2017. Christ.

Isn't there some horror storey of someone falling into one of them before at Glastonbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

endainoz wrote: »
    Isn't there some horror storey of someone falling into one of them before at Glastonbury?

No Leeds festival I think, she was called poo girl. http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/charlotte-taylor-gets-stuck-toilet-4472827

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Poo Girl, how very British!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Kano will be announced tomorrow, had a premonition last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Just realised, no sign of the Blizzards, they normally show up in Jerry fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Poorside wrote: »
    Just realised, no sign of the Blizzards, they normally show up in Jerry fish.

Bressies too busy making 6k an hour doing his talks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

This year’s line-up includes; The Academic, The Frank and Walters, An Emotional Fish, Sack, PowPig, Kid Karate, Ajo Arkestra, San Patricio Mariachi, Somebody’s Child, Classic Yellow, Join Me In The Pines, The Pale, Jack O’Rourke, Crow Black Chicken, Black Bank Folk, Lilac, Odd Morris, Underscore Orchestra, Clare Sands, Home Brew (Picnic Crew Party) Martian Subculture, Sparkle, Breath with The Beat (House of Yoga) plus very LOUD special surprise guests. As well as the coolest underground nightclub in picnic town “Sideshow Disco” from midnight to 4am with Mother Club DJs, The Kilo 1977, Se7en Inch Collective, Will De Burca, DJ Mattie B, Bon Voyage feat. Shamon Cassette and Arveene and much more.

Good announcement ðŸ‘

Any chance Fontaines DC as the Loud special surprise guest?

LilNiall wrote: »
    Good announcement ðŸ‘

It's The Ramones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭Genghis

LilNiall wrote: »
    Good announcement

Fontaine's DC were a surprise act at Jerry Fish last year. Played B&S earlier in day (billed), then announced for JFT later that evening.

They did make a big noise about how All Together Now was their only Irish Festival for 2019. But maybe that's all in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JCreaghy

Kano will be announced tomorrow, had a premonition last night

This would be amazing!

Going to hedge my bets for the JF special guest, it's either Therapy? Or Stiff Little Fingers

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I still have nightmares about it, and I havent been there since 2002!

In Echo & the Bunnymen news, the gig tonight was good but not great. Better than their 2007/8 EP where IMcC had a "head cold" but not as good as they were a few years ago at the olypmia. Band are tight as always, but he just cant sing the high notes. I felt he gave a bit more sox to the newer songs, but was dialling it in for the 3 off Ocean Rain.

Now that said, this is a crazy festival in Belgium, so maybe he neither expected nor got a good crowd (they seemed ok where I was, but most people in the festival were dressed like Goth teens.

As an aside, the primitives played and were a joy! Also the Stranglers put on a whopper set! Would easily fit into the next EP announcement, as I think theyre still touring Europe for the next while

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

rubick wrote: »
    I've bought a wristband for the Loowatt crappers in the Eco site. All about a comfy seat in the morning as part of the morning ablutions. Wouldn't be bothered with the whole showering nonsense. Queuing for those eats in to valuable can time.

Drink cans on the can, maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

We had the stranglers a few years back, they were in fine bouncy health from what I remember.

Their former lead is also touring very soon.

We had the stranglers a few years back, they were in fine bouncy health from what I remember.

Their former lead is also touring very soon.

Saw them a few months ago, they were grand but Therapy blew them away

Snarky Snark Snark

Troublegum is one that still gets a spin when drunk and the gaff to meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Seen on FB;

-Oscar Wilde moving slightly (EP tweeted as such earlier). Not sure how slight is slight. Surely Freetown is taking the whole site judging by an 8000 capacity stage. Surrounded by trees then so it'll be beyond that - eco and tour de picnic are the closest green areas followed by Chaplin.

-new campsite called Keith Flint.

-new dance tent in a campsite (post didn't say where)

Just on the FB banter page so who knows but rather specific details.

TBH despite the increase in capacity and the whole Wilde thing...Chaplin and Joplin especially always look near empty on the drone and helicopter shots over the weekend...doesn't seem like there needs to be a drastically new site especially if Wilde is just moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭thebusher

I still have nightmares about it, and I havent been there since 2002!

In Echo & the Bunnymen news, the gig tonight was good but not great. Better than their 2007/8 EP where IMcC had a "head cold" but not as good as they were a few years ago at the olypmia. Band are tight as always, but he just cant sing the high notes. I felt he gave a bit more sox to the newer songs, but was dialling it in for the 3 off Ocean Rain.

Now that said, this is a crazy festival in Belgium, so maybe he neither expected nor got a good crowd (they seemed ok where I was, but most people in the festival were dressed like Goth teens.

As an aside, the primitives played and were a joy! Also the Stranglers put on a whopper set! Would easily fit into the next EP announcement, as I think theyre still touring Europe for the next while

Stranglers were great in the Olympia back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

So spent a lot of today pondering what is possible in the next announcement (presuming there is still a small one to come).

My heart says it would be amazing if we got a late dance headliner such as the Chemical Brothers or Underworld, but my head says there is already enough headliner material on the poster. The Strokes, Florence, The 1975, Hozier & Billie Eilish are easily a bigger bunch of headliners than we got last year and presuming 2 of those played the Sat/Sun and 1 on Friday, I can't see how another headliner would fit. On the other hand, I still feel like there are gaps on the main stage earlier in the day and not sure who of the current acts announced are going to feature on the main stage.

Seem to be a lot of Irish acts who normally play not on the lineup yet.. Le Galaxie, Ships, Kojaque, Versatile, Kneecap, Wyvern Lingo, The Murder Capital then your likes of Walking on Cars, Ryan Sheridan, Delorentos etc.

Plenty of good Irish DJs that could end up playing Freetown - Krystal Klear, Mano le Tough, New Jackson all usually appear in Stradbally and none announced so far. DJ Deece, R. Kitt, Brame & Hamo are another few Irish DJs that would be good contenders for there you would say too maybe? I would take any of those names in Freetown gladly, probably more I am leaving out too.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Seen on FB;

-Oscar Wilde moving slightly (EP tweeted as such earlier). Not sure how slight is slight. Surely Freetown is taking the whole site judging by an 8000 capacity stage. Surrounded by trees then so it'll be beyond that - eco and tour de picnic are the closest green areas followed by Chaplin.

-new campsite called Keith Flint.

Just on the FB banter page so who knows but rather specific details.

TBH despite the increase in capacity and the whole Wilde thing...Chaplin and Joplin especially always look near empty on the drone and helicopter shots over the weekend...doesn't seem like there needs to be a drastically new site especially if Wilde is just moving.

You just know that campsite is going to be mayhem

Snarky Snark Snark

John.Icy wrote: »

That sounds like hell on earth.

What about Franz Ferdinand as a bit of a left field addition? Playing with kings of Leon on the Friday in Liverpool so they might hop over.

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

They’re overdue a return, last played in 2013 I think.

Advertisement