Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Minister warns Defence forces over march

• 02-09-2018 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭

In todays business post there is an article about a protest march on the 19th that is about poor pay etc in the Defence forces. The good Jnr minister paul kehoe has warned the soilders not to even show up in civilian clothes. The Air Corps has all leave cancelled to stop any members going. This seams a bit like something out of a 3rd world country with the threats by the government. If members of the DF march in there day off will there be MPs there to arrest them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Maybe not on the say but there will be repercussions the following working day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Minister is technically the boss.

IMO the march wont achieve anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Look up the definition of 'mutiny'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

mikeym wrote:

Leo is the boss, Kehoe is the piss boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭Kat1170

mikeym wrote:

No he's not, he is merely Leo's sock puppet. Leo is the actual Minister for Defence and The President of Ireland is the Commander in Chief of the Irish Defence Forces.

Given that I strongly suspect Leo doesn't even know he is Minister for Defence I suppose I shouldn't really expect you to know this either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

roadmaster wrote: »
    In todays business post there is an article about a protest march on the 19th that is about poor pay etc in the Defence forces. The good Jnr minister paul kehoe has warned the soilders not to even show up in civilian clothes. The Air Corps has all leave cancelled to stop any members going. This seams a bit like something out of a 3rd world country with the threats by the government. If members of the DF march in there day off will there be MPs there to arrest them?

There will be television cameras and there will be may posts on facebook with photos and video clips. Any serving member seen to be involved will be hounded. They will be harassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,923 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I heard there was a run on balaclavas in the camping shops.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement