Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US Open 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

Just on the coverage as it's a stream is there much of a delay from actual play? Asking from a betting point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

JagoMoon wrote: »
    Just on the coverage as it's a stream is there much of a delay from actual play? Asking from a betting point of view.

You cant use it to gamble. Its a second or 2 out on points you will notice if following on bet365 while watching. Its sligtly out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Amazon prime is currently £59 for the year instead of £79 so decided to sign up for it. Stuck the end of the Federer match on last night and tried casting it to my chromecast... nope. Prime isn't supported by chromecast apparently as Amazon and Google hate each other. I ended up going back to the somewhat less than legal streaming service I use in order to watch it. Nice job Amazon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

I really hope these platforms for "live" sport fail. It's an awful way to watch sport knowing the result of a game or point before its happened in front of your eyes. Sky is becoming increasingly poor value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Djokovic looking dead on his feet in the third set and then winning 10 games in a row is ominously reminiscent of the old days. I don't see him losing this.

• Advertisement

Djokovic looking dead on his feet in the third set and then winning 10 games in a row is ominously reminiscent of the old days. I don't see him losing this.

Im praying for a Delpo win

Anyone watch Puig double Bagel Voegel last night

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

HarrietD wrote: »
    I was the same. I'm a technophobe. It was saying 7 days for me too and all sorts of movie choices but no tennis. By chance I discovered on www.primevideo.com that it had my location as USA. Once I changed it to Ireland I had all options available

Thanks. Do you know if it's a contract or can it be cancelled whenever? I still can't find any options to cancel the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Amazon prime is currently £59 for the year instead of £79 so decided to sign up for it. Stuck the end of the Federer match on last night and tried casting it to my chromecast... nope. Prime isn't supported by chromecast apparently as Amazon and Google hate each other. I ended up going back to the somewhat less than legal streaming service I use in order to watch it. Nice job Amazon!!

I am on the Amazon 1 month free trial but I don't see any mention of a £59 charge for 1 year. For me the charge is £79.

Can I find this discount on another page?

Thanks in advence.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

Thanks. Do you know if it's a contract or can it be cancelled whenever? I still can't find any options to cancel the service.

Just a month by month contract and can be cancelled with 3 days notice. I'll see if I can find the link but I'm useless at that type of thing!

• Advertisement

maximus02 wrote: »
    I am on the Amazon 1 month free trial but I don't see any mention of a £59 charge for 1 year. For me the charge is £79.

Can I find this discount on another page?

Thanks in advence.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057905383/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

I read in the irish times today that amazon have removed the option to rate the stream because it was getting constant negative reviews from viewers.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/other-sports/amazon-stops-us-open-coverage-reviews-due-to-negativity-1.3611327

Bizarre scenes as Kyrgios gets a coaching lesson from... the umpire -

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1035227611776147457

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Lot of talk about that Lahyani pep talk. Obviously, it was completely inappropriate and completely beyond what an umpire should do, but the USTA are thus far trying to brush it under the carpet.
    https://twitter.com/stu_fraser/status/1035277351192604677
    Can't see this being the end of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I can't believe that the umpire got out of the chair to have a chat with a player. I can't understand why Kyrgios is let get away with his crap behaviour on court and now we have umpires putting an arm around him. FFS Where will it end?

Next time he tanks a set or a match then ban him from the next grand slam. I know he is a talent but that doesn't excuse his behaviour or favourable treatment he is getting.

I see Murray was saying that Verdasco had his coach with him in the changing room during the 10 minute heat break, Verdasco denies this and Murray said he is off to get checked because he is supposedly seeing things. Are the officials at the US Open just crap?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Floppybits wrote: »
    I can't believe that the umpire got out of the chair to have a chat with a player. I can't understand why Kyrgios is let get away with his crap behaviour on court and now we have umpires putting an arm around him. FFS Where will it end?

Next time he tanks a set or a match then ban him from the next grand slam. I know he is a talent but that doesn't excuse his behaviour or favourable treatment he is getting.

I see Murray was saying that Verdasco had his coach with him in the changing room during the 10 minute heat break, Verdasco denies this and Murray said he is off to get checked because he is supposedly seeing things. Are the officials at the US Open just crap?

I'm a huge Fed fan but even if not, I'd be hoping Kyrgios loses next game - he may be a talent but he's a narky **** and he got special treatment from that umpire, who should never cover a GS again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Probably wouldn’t have won anyway but that roof closing was a real momentum killer for Azarenka. Not sure it’s actually raining either.

Probably wouldn’t have won anyway but that roof closing was a real momentum killer for Azarenka. Not sure it’s actually raining either.

She was second best I watched it. sevastova got lucky with the injury to Maka

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

Nadal in a bit of bother here against KK..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player stand so far back to receive serve as Nadal is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Not sure I’ve ever seen a player stand so far back to receive serve as Nadal is here.

Ya, looks very odd. Obviously gives him more time for a big swing but still doesn't look right...

Nadal has this match now. KK needed to win that third set to keep the pressure on Nadal.

Can this 4th set finishing 6-2 or 6-3 now to Nadal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The text commentary on bbc is brilliant as always

All clay courters receive deep

Cant believer that went to another tie break in the fourth, i would have expected Nadal to kick on win that set comfortably. Fair play to KK for putting up to Nadal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Love him, or hate him, Nadal is nearly always involved in the "classic" matches at Grand Slams. Apart from RG of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

Anyone watching this via Amazon prime? Is it as bad as is being made out?

It's been absolutely perfect for me when watching on an Xbox One.

Anyone watch Puig double Bagel Voegel last night
    Another one just now, Osaka v Sasnovich. Not really good enough for the 3rd round of a Slam but Osaka just couldn't miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

lostcat wrote: »
    Anyone watching this via Amazon prime? Is it as bad as is being made out?

Its been fine for me. They after the criticism are showing lots more courts which is great news.

The streams are good quality and while the commentators can be duds, that is common place in tennis!

I think the only people who can criticise it now are gamblers who are putting big money on as its a few shots behind which is not ideal for punters but for the rest of us is its fine.

Advertisement