Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

Looks like some people are going to give up on this early. :pac:

Looks like some people are going to give up on this early. :pac:

Yeah, but 'apparently' it's not difficult :P

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

"Not difficult" =/= "not as difficult as some people make out"

(Haven't played Sekiro yet mind, maybe it's a big step up in difficulty on the other souls games)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is not a Dark Souls game :pac:

My deaths so far is me just trying to get to grips with the combat and testing what works and what doesn't. The circle sidestep is not as effective as the Dark Souls and Bloodborne dodges, the i-frames seem really low on it. Found jumping to be a better GTFO tool.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I know they've ditched the co-op but is there no PvP in this either?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The
    drunk guy
    ? I've put it down there for the day. Pain in the arse killing all the normal guys first every time.

This chap was giving me quite a bit of trouble (
    even with the NPC help - seems they couldn't entirely ditch the helping hands
    :pac:), so went back to the initial path and took down the ogre easily. Hopefully the
    extra gourd and healing power
    will make it a touch more manageable.

Finding it pretty demanding so far. It's very Souls-like in terms of items, design etc... but it's also definitely a departure too. Which is welcome. I honestly felt From needed to revitalise itself as Dark Souls 3 felt a bit like a 'greatest hits'. This shares DNA for sure but the pace and combat is a pretty major departure so feel like it's a definite change for the better.

Its frustrating that you can't just farm souls if you're stuck. Although you can run past enemies almost guilt free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I ordered this yesterday at 2pm from smiths hoping it will arrive today I really didn’t know about this game before yesterday I don’t know how though lol

I platinumed Bloodborne and loved that game so will give this a chance reviews were very strong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I cant play THIS and the division 2 also can i??? at the same time..

and apex

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finding it pretty demanding so far. It's very Souls-like in terms of items, design etc... but it's also definitely a departure too. Which is welcome. I honestly felt From needed to revitalise itself as Dark Souls 3 felt a bit like a 'greatest hits'. This shares DNA for sure but the pace and combat is a pretty major departure so feel like it's a definite change for the better.

I'm only at the start of the game but I find it's missing the weirdness of the Dark Souls games in terms of mechanics. Stuff like the interesting things it does with the online elements. Is there anything like that so far or is it a straight up action game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

I hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    I hate it

I read two user reviews on metacritic. A 0 and a 10, both went into the "why?" detail, although the 0 one seemed like they were just angry about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Free dynamic theme in ps store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its frustrating that you can't just farm souls if you're stuck. Although you can run past enemies almost guilt free.

The secret about Dark souls was farming souls to level up didn't do a whole lot due to level scaling. You just got better but put the cause on more souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ALRIGHT! I'll get it, wheres the cheapest digital copy for PC?

It's 5pm, Still waiting on a gimli confession... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Starting to regret having to wait an extra day to get the steelbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's 5pm, Still waiting on a gimli confession... :D

Probably on his way to Argos :pac:

Anyone know how to assign items to quick inventory?

Also what's the coin purse and ungos sugar for??

They are like the souls in dark souls. You use them to get Sen.

Sugar I think are temporary stat boosts.

You have to go into the menu to assign items to the five slots

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They are like the souls in dark souls. You use them to get Sen.

Sugar I think are temporary stat boosts.

You have to go into the menu to assign items to the five slots

I'm trying to assign the healing gourd, it just says use healing gourd, ok or cancel :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone know how to assign items to quick inventory?

Also what's the coin purse and ungos sugar for??

Have a watch of Vaati intro video. He goes through the uses for lots of the common items.

https://youtu.be/ScMJrK5bQDg

I'm trying to assign the healing gourd, it just says use healing gourd, ok or cancel :/

You select the empty slot first I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm only at the start of the game but I find it's missing the weirdness of the Dark Souls games in terms of mechanics. Stuff like the interesting things it does with the online elements. Is there anything like that so far or is it a straight up action game?

It’s more straightforward in many ways (From are more inclined to explain the rules overtly), but there’s definitely cryptic items and unusual consequences. What happens when you die and the impact it has on the world seems very Souls-like. There are very clear equivalents to bonfires, flasks etc.

In other news, this is ****ing cool:

https://twitter.com/nezitorio/status/1108928665390211072?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Had a go at the game in a mates pad tonight and bloody hell its a tad on the unforgiving side eek.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Venom wrote: »
    Had a go at the game in a mates pad tonight and bloody hell its a tad on the unforgiving side eek.png

So far I'm finding it much more forgiving than Bloodborne actually. Hanbei is really useful, I spent about 10 mins just practising Deflect on him until I was nailing it more often than not.

Loving it so far, it more reminds me of less complicated version of Nioh, which I preferred to the From games anyway, with added stealth. :)

Actually one thing I did change was swapping the Deflect/Attack buttons from the bumpers to triggers - feels easier to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm loving it so far, very nice indeed.
    Lots of Tenchu Stealth Assassin vibes, scurrying across rooftops...

Well it's almost 4am and just spent the last hour or so fighting
    Gyoubu Masataka Oniwa
    . What a battle.

The fluidity and nuance of the enemy animations are incredible. Whole thing flows like an absolute dream, minus the sort of jankiness you get in the Souls games. Obviously this is an action title first and foremost, and they've ****ing nailed that.

A highlight so far is
    stabbing the giant snake in the eye. Said snake
    was not happy :pac:

I'd definitely recommend mapping block / parry to a trigger instead of a shoulder button (I'm playing on a 360 pad). Feels so much better to flick between holding down for defence and quick jabs for parry. Attack doesn't need it as much as you're just tapping it most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I put it down yesterday after
    banging me head against that ****ing bull. I was trying to dodge it, which is nigh on impossible and stupid. You really need to deflect him and work the noggin

• Advertisement

The stealth in this game is buggy as ****. I've upgraded the detection rate too.

Does anyone know how to raise unseen aid?

Advertisement