Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland to play test match against Hungary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It would be nice if RTE broadcast this but I'd say the chances are remote.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Excellent. Should be a comfortable win for the Irish depending on what team they can field but it's important to try and grow the sport in Europe, nice city to visit for the team and support anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

The squads have been announced:
    Hungary squad: Jayden Bruckner, Josh Institoris, Stephen Kovac, Lachlyn Mulford, Stephen Nemeth, Joel Shaaghy (Magyar Bulls, Australia), Márk Czifra, Dominik Fülöp, Géza Goletz, Lénard Grimm, Gyula Herpai, Botond Kovács, Gergely Kramlik, Istvan Krupp, Dániel Lipták, Zsolt Lukacs, Gergely Nagy, Gyula Nikoletti, József Surman, György Szojka, Temuujin Uranchimeg (Magyar Bulls, Hungary), Luke Brough, Simon Kalafusz, Dane Weatherill (Magyar Bulls, UK).
    Ireland squad: John Rhatigan, Collie Ryan (Exiles), Emmet Banahan, Andrew Coade, Matthew Coade, Casey Dunne (c), Darragh Magee, Richie McHugh (Longhorns), Sam Boyd, Wayne Kelly, Kenneth McCombe, Phil Morrison (Pumas), Chris Hall (Scholars), Gareth Gill, Connor Phillips (Stags), Ryan Guilfoyle, Conor Loughrey, Roy Stanley (Tribesmen), Alan McMahon (Vikings).

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hungary-and-ireland-announce-squads-for-budapest-test/

Forgot to come back and update this. Wasn't much of a contest unfortunately, Ireland won 70 nil. Still, expansion is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Hey, Great to see so many (all) from within the Irish league being selected for this game. 
    How come no pro players from English league were picked, by the result they clearly weren't needed and good to blood others, was that the case?

• Advertisement

swiftman wrote: »
    Hey, Great to see so many (all) from within the Irish league being selected for this game. 
    How come no pro players from English league were picked, by the result they clearly weren't needed and good to blood others, was that the case?

I think so, and great it was too, for the lads slogging their guts out in the Irish league getting international recognition.

Advertisement