Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Headset recommendations

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Something popped into my mind over the weekend, and I Googled but couldn't find anything. Are modern mid-range gaming headsets (the €100-€200 range) better than older high-end headsets, or vice-versa? Like, a mid range smart phone would be better than a flagship smart phone from, say, 5 years ago. Does headset tech evolve as quick?

So, one website called the Audio Technica ATH ADG1 one of the best high end gaming headsets of 2015, coming in at $223. It can now be picked up for about €100. Would it be better than the 2018 Turtle Beach Stealth 600, which is about €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where are you seeing that price?

Do yourself a favour and get a nice pair of headphone's and a modmic.

Skerries wrote: »
    where are you seeing that price?

A quick Google showed one at €109 yesterday, but today it's all above €160. Strange.
    Do yourself a favour and get a nice pair of headphone's and a modmic.

Eh, i'm not too pushed on getting the best of the best, just something plug and play really. The mic is the bottom of the list of features I want, as I rarely use it.

• Advertisement

Just get the headphone's then. Something like a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40X's.

I still need one, but the quality isn't very important for the amount of use I need. But still need one. For PS4. TBH, I'll most likely get the Turtle Beach Elite Pro TAC Bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I bought a wireless Astro A50 headset a number of years ago. Still doing great, a fantastic piece of headgear.

Though pricy I've often seen it going for half price in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I still need one, but the quality isn't very important for the amount of use I need. But still need one. For PS4. TBH, I'll most likely get the Turtle Beach Elite Pro TAC Bundle.

Can see those breaking on the rotating joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maybe look at the Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X or the Sennheiser G4ME ONE (they sometimes go on sale).

Their mic is second-to-none, and they have really nice quality-of-life design features (integrated volume control, mic turns off when raised).

Game One's are savage. Have a pair myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Game One's are savage. Have a pair myself.

Yeah same, managed to get them last year for £105 or so (on sale).

Also nothing wrong with the trusty Kingston HyperX Cloud if you can find them for a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

I have been on the fence on wether or not to get a new pair of headphones for the ps4.

I currently have a wired hyper x set. It's stereo and does the job.
    But is virtual surround sound worth it or is it just a gimmick.

Seen razor thresher and steel series actics 3 one wire less and the other wired or am I just spending money for no gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ult1mat3X

SteelSeries Arctis Pro.
    Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset.

Both works great

Advertisement