Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Rugby League a sport?

• 25-10-2017 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭

Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) (previously SportAccord) is the umbrella organisation for all (Olympic and non-Olympic) international sports federations as well as organisers of multi-sports games and sport-related international associations. Says not.

There's a petition here if you feel like signing:
    https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/440/651/644/

Might be trivial compared to some petitions but still worth doing imo.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

It is a sport no doubt. Globally might be a bit if a stretch and I'm a fan. Only 2 professional leagues and even in Aus its mostly NSW, Queensland.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pole Dancing now ranks ahead of Rugby League in the international sports world!

The bizarre thing is it's Rugby Union that has complained because some renegade in Greece created a so-called World Rugby League

Maybe if we set up something we claim is an International Rugby Union body they can get thrown out also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Beasty wrote: »
    Pole Dancing now ranks ahead of Rugby League in the international sports world!

The bizarre thing is it's Rugby Union that has complained because some renegade in Greece created a so-called World Rugby League

Maybe if we set up something we claim is an International Rugby Union body they can get thrown out also?

The fuppin Greeks. It's all a bit mad, and although I acknowledge there's only 2 professional leagues, there is a decent league in France and all the Pacific nations have leagues of sorts. Professionalism shouldn't be the basis on deciding what's a sport anyway.

Advertisement