Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland to play Test Cricket in 2018?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

but1er wrote: »
    How does it work on refunds on test cricket? I remember it was over 12 one day cricket

As per the FAQ for the match, bascially 1 ball bowled in the day and there is no refund. I've tickets for Friday and Saturday so hopefully get to see some cricket over the two days... :o
    In the event that the match is affected by weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be made in the event that no play is possible (ie. no ball is bowled). In no other circumstances can money be refunded.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So if we get one ball it will probably be the most lucrative ball in cricket:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Guffy

Amy idea as to the expected attendance?

In the Sunday Independent it said there were 13,200 tickets already sold for days 1-4 (no advance sales for day 5), so an average of 3,300 per day with the capacity set at 6,000 per day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

My guess is a big-ish crowd on Friday & Sat, smaller on Sunday and minute on Monday and Tuesday, if it goes that long.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TrueDub wrote: »
    My guess is a big-ish crowd on Friday & Sat, smaller on Sunday and minute on Monday and Tuesday, if it goes that long.
    Given the expected weather I think we should see play on all 5 days (well days 2, 3, 4 & 5 anyway:(). Who knows, but conditions are likely to favour anyone with "local" knowledge and used to playing in a damp, cold climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I'm not expecting anything for tomorrow. Booked the day off work for a cold, wet miserable day in Malahide. Still better than actually going to work though :pac:

Gonna go on Sunday too so I'll definitely get some play for the test match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭ Sterling Fierce Elk

Heading on Saturday, myself and the mrs.

Can't wait for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Friday is looking like a write off

threein99 wrote: »
    Depends how you look at it - I'll be able to tell my grandkids in years to come how I braved the elements to witness the first washout in Irish Test history

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Depends how you look at it - I'll be able to tell my grandkids in years to come how I braved the elements to witness the first washout in Irish Test history

https://gyazo.com/8d623eb608ebc1caa695ffbdab3ae947

The Pakistan team were training on the pitch earlier when I had a look around, probably sorting out run-ups and what overs to bowl NB's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I see www.guerillacricket.com says they have the ball by ball commentary rights for the Test Match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Skid X wrote: »
    I see www.guerillacricket.com says they have the ball by ball commentary rights for the Test Match.

They do, due to lack of interest from anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Conchir

Serious excitement setting in now. Some nice photos and articles on the Cricket Ireland twitter account in the last few hours building everything up.

• threein99 wrote: »

Hard to know tbh. I'd say no play at the start going into the afternoon. However the latest weather charts show rain clearing the north county Dublin area around 5pm. So you might get an hour or so depending on drying etc. What time is stumps normally at? Could it be extended to say, 7pm?

hirlamuk-1-22-0_vjz0.png

They won't want to keep everyone hanging around if there's only a small chance of play. If it gets to say 3pm with it still raining they know it will take time to dry the outfield sufficiently, and they may opt for the easy option of calling off play for the day and at least allowing everyone a full refund

If they manage to get any play into the first session they may try and hang on to see if it does dry up. It would not look good if they call play off at 3 with no chance of a refund, and then the sun is shining at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Have my ticket for tomorrow and for Saturday. Small bag at the ready; enough to carry keys, iPad, phone and sun block; water as well if it's allowed in. There is a Supervalu in the village so it will offer a lunch alternative if the in ground fare isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭but1er

And it's raining in Clonshaugh this morning. Not looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Damn, weather in South Co Dublin is wet and cold, not looking good. Planning to take a Dart to Malahide at 10 for the big day. Anyway will stick it out being a day for history etc, hopefully the micro climate in Malahide will prevail. Lets hope it all works out

Would I be right to assume that there would have been covers on the outfield over night and not just on the wicket?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

I would hope they looked at the forecast, then decided on covers on the wicket and a tarp on the outfield. May only be a tarp on the bowlers run up areas tho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,639 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Suppose it’s typical this weather would arrive today after been nice mostly the last week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Is it even worth heading out there this morning?

Derco wrote: »
    Is it even worth heading out there this morning?

I work in Malahide and its wet, windy and pretty miserable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Have my ..... sun block.

There's optimism :)

PaddyPower in Malahide handing out free umbrellas. They are not small though!

Inspection at 11. Pitches and run-ups covered. A few spots at present. A couple of Blotters available, one if them currently working the outfield

No queues at the ice cream vans at present

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Biji

Ireland Cricket team is well prepared and well balanced to play their first test cricket. Hope it will happen in 2018.

Advertisement