Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

EPH Ember

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

It started working again for me late last night , although it was very very slow. Seems to be back to normal now (which is still damn slow, but less so than last night)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

Anyone got a gateway and 3 zone for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

Heiton Buckley.

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

Hi all, mine was down again this morning about 6am when it was very cold and trying to boost the house from the bed! I find it very easy to use but have had a good few outages since getting it in October. Previous one was the longest outage. Would love some tips re using the Frost Stat so not to let the house drop below 13-14c at night. Set a night program with target temp at 15c ??
    Old house, not well insulated.
    I'm a new user: 2 zones, 38 kw combi boiler worcester bosch

AnneRyan wrote: »
    Hi all, mine was down again this morning about 6am when it was very cold and trying to boost the house from the bed! I find it very easy to use but have had a good few outages since getting it in October. Previous one was the longest outage. Would love some tips re using the Frost Stat so not to let the house drop below 13-14c at night. Set a night program with target temp at 15c ??
    Old house, not well insulated.
    I'm a new user: 2 zones, 38 kw combi boiler worcester bosch

You should be able to use the Frost Protection for this, especially as you have a combi. I toyed with using this to set a minimum overnight temperature too but then read that if the it the temp drops below Frost Protection temp, it'll activate all zones and not just the one that triggered it. In my case that's upstairs/downstairs and HW so didn't want this.

• Advertisement

I'm away in Spain and using different wifi obviously but cannot access my heating controls on my phone to check house temperatures. House Wifi working as home camera online. Will get someone to check the main ember box is working with green light on. Anyone else had problems when out of country.
    Of course that's the whole purpose for installing it!!

It's not you. I just checked mine and their server must be down (again) cos I can't connect and I'm in the bleedin house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Mines working fine lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Same here!! Working fine

Thanks for all the replies. Mine still down in Ireland (wicklow). Support said they could talk my daughter through a reset if she were in the house, but office hours only ! Wil let you know how I get on. Very disappointing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

AnneRyan wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. Mine still down in Ireland (wicklow). Support said they could talk my daughter through a reset if she were in the house, but office hours only ! Wil let you know how I get on. Very disappointing...

Got this from support it might help

Please follow the steps below to re-pair your gateway to your programmer:

1. Press and hold the minus button on the programmer until the “wireless connect” screen appears (5 seconds approx.)

2. Press and hold the plus button on the programmer and the screen will change to a code screen (3 seconds approx.)

3. Press and hold the function (crystal) button on the gateway until it flashes (10 seconds approx.)

4. You should now see an “r1” on the top centre of the screen of the programmer.

5. Press the OK button once.

6. Your gateway and programmer are now paired.

Please follow the steps below to re-pair your thermostats to your programmer:

1. Press and hold the minus button on the programmer until the “wireless connect” screen appears (5 seconds approx.)

2. Take the back off the thermostat so you can see the batteries.

3. You will see two black buttons with silver backing on the PCB just to the left of the batteries.

4. Press the code button once.

5. You will have zones flash on the programmer.

6. Select the zone you wish to connect to with the “Zone Select” button.

7. You thermostat will now count to 3 and will say “r” and the number zone you are connecting to ( r1 = zone 1, r2 = zone 2 etc.)

8. Press in the handwheel on the thermostat to confirm connection.

9. You thermostat is now paired to the selected zone.

10. Repeat this process for other remaining zones if necessary

Yes thank you for that. That's what he wants to talk my daughter through on the phone. Pairing is straight forward, had to do that in the beginning when zone 1 lost it's bluetooth connection early after installation. Trying to rethink what I did that morning to cause this? All I did was turn both zones on main controller to off and checked temperatures. Was going to set Frost Stat to 12c and target temp to 15c but then decided to just monitor outside Temps in Ireland and turn on at night accordingly. I'll forward those instructions to her.

Thank you so much Skippy for the pairing instructions. I read those when it was installed but of course who has them to hand when away? Worked perfectly, so all good again!
    BUT that's not the point, none of my neighbours or friends would have been prepared or able to do that for me. Will have a chat with the company when I get back. Has this happen to others?
    Again many thanks, Anne

I'm away at the mo with the temp set low. Just checked the app and seems it's down again! Ugh.

Anyone else's down or has mine unpaired itself again?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Pique wrote: »
    I'm away at the mo with the temp set low. Just checked the app and seems it's down again! Ugh.

Anyone else's down or has mine unpaired itself again?

All is working great for me. I can connect to the Ember app with my phone

Yes, mine is working too. Great knowing house is holding at 12.2c upstairs and down without heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Haven't had any issues with mine recently

Mine is back. Must've been the Internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Is it down for anyone else this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Working fine here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

Just did the update that came out on android. App doesn't open now. So I would suggest not to upgrade the app. I have emailed the company advising its now borked.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Update to latest Android app breaks it...auto updated

Seems others are having problems too (in app reviews)

Anyone else have this problem?

Wife's on iPhone and its still working(not sure if she's on latest update)

What's the latest version number? I'm on Android and the app version is 1.0.10.

NVM, there's an update waiting. Must make sure not to allow it to auto-update.

I see the update says "Small bugs fixed". Ever hear of regression tests, Ember?

Pique wrote: »
    What's the latest version number? I'm on Android and the app version is 1.0.10.

NVM, there's an update waiting. Must make sure not to allow it to auto-update.

I see the update says "Small bugs fixed". Ever hear of regression tests, Ember?

Newest version is 1.0.11... Avoid 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

I sent them a email. I received a reply to my query confirming that there is a bug with the update:
    "There was a bug with the update that’s causing it to crash. We are working to get this sorted ASAP."

Installed latest app on old android 6 phone I had and it works ok.

Tried uninstall / reinstall on my current phone on android 8 and its the same , does not open and keeps closing out.

LizardKing wrote: »
    Installed latest app on old android 6 phone I had and it works ok.

Can you see any changes in the app, have they addressed any of the many feature requests people have?

KingCong wrote: »
    Can you see any changes in the app, have they addressed any of the many feature requests people have?

Looks the same to me .. not noticing any new features ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

For some reason I got no notifications for this thread and only happened on it again by chance..... I missed a return to some folk and I am dreadfully sorry for that.

However, I do have some good news.

I worked on an enquiry today and realised just how huge the variance is- I priced a Pack 6 which is around €450 or so including VAT (the exact figure i can't quite remember), according to EPH guide prices. I could easily retail that at €300. With that in mind, if you're in the market i'd highly suggest checking with any potential supplier as the price could vary hugely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

New update and app is back working.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement