Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It's been clear since he has come back that he hasn't been the same competitor that he was before he went out in 2014. A reduced schedule could give him a longer career perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So Bryan is basically becoming like Edge now. Edge kind've toned down his in ring skills after his injuries, and wasn't the same performer after. Although he was still entertaining as hell though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Curbstomp endeavored

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/590231696794112000

To be fair I would have SO done it the school yard tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Every time I hear them call curbstomp all that comes to mind is American History X.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Robbing Rollins of his finishing move, what will the WWE ban next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah you just beat me to it. I personally think it's ridiculous that the move has been banned, but the name of it should've been changed from day 1. If a young wrestling fan goes home and googles "curb stomp", a wrestling move isn't what he'll find. I can't recall any instance of Rollins injuring a fellow wrestler with the move, so unless something happened on the Euro tour, this is unwarranted and unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Personally I have never liked the move so I wont miss it. Expect Rollins to pick up a clean pin on someone tonite then to establish a new finisher. Will he bust out the phoenix splash or something new?

LeeJM wrote: »
    Personally I have never liked the move so I wont miss it. Expect Rollins to pick up a clean pin on someone tonite then to establish a new finisher. Will he bust out the phoenix splash or something new?

Banning the curb stomp due to safety concerns and then giving him the Phoenix splash is like taking a knife off someone and giving them a gun instead tbh. Terrible way to protect one of the company's top guys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Phoenix Splash is way to much of a face move.

Disgusted bout the Curb Stomp though. Thought it looked sick and they had done a good job protecting it and making it look awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm disappointed as I have grown to accept and enjoy the move, having not liked it at first. I doubt he will use the Phoenix Splash as I'd say he will keep that as a special move to whip out on big occasions, a bit like the way Kurt Angle would use the moonsault.

He needs to have something that is pretty quick and which can be used on bigger opponents bearing in mind he's not renowned for hoisting guys up. A Super Kick would fit well, though he hasn't done it before and it's sort of a move Ziggler uses, although not all that often. Maybe something like a Twist of Fate or an Edgecution could work well as I don't think anyone in WWE uses them at present.

At least we got to see that fantastic RKO counter at Wrestlemaia before the ban came into effect.

PS anyone else find it amusing that Rollins for his stip ensured that Orton couldn't use the RKO and now a week later Rollins can't use his finisher either. :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Oh yea I agree the phoenix splash will ruin him and it is a total face move but I couldnt think of any other move he has used as a potential finisher. A super kick maybe???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Superkicks are like DDTs now; waaaaay too common in every. single. match. Ziggler and the Usos use it as a common move.

I think the Sling Blade would suit him perfectly, but Balor would have to remove it from his arsenal when he's called up since it's not a finishing move for him.

WWE face another lawsuit.
    The WWE is cashing in on Eddie "Hot Stuff" Gilbert even though he's been dead for 20 years ... at least according to his family, which is dragging the league to court to get a cut of the action.
    According to docs ... Eddie's dad, Tommy Gilbert, is in charge of the estate and says the WWE is plastering his son's image and likeness all over TV and other media platforms without permission -- and, more importantly, without paying them a dime.
    Tommy says old wrestling footage of Eddie -- a pro from '79 until his death of a heart attack in '95 -- is being used to promote the WWE.
    Interestingly, Eddie's fam isn't suing to block use of the footage -- they just want a judge to force the WWE to fork over a share of its profits, plus damages.
    A WWE rep tells us, "Through the years, WWE has acquired the legal rights to library footage of various former wrestling organizations including Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), World Championship Wrestling (WCW) and Mid-Southern Wrestling among many others. WWE has made substantial investments to acquire these copyrighted works and has the legal right to use them."

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/19/eddie-hot-stuff-gilbert-family-sues-wwe-death-using-image/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Are you Tough Enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sounds like they're trying to turn it into an X-Factor style show.
    will be a complete train wreck imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Start using the Sethwalker as a finisher? *Shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

rovert wrote: »
    Curbstomp endeavored

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/590231696794112000

To be fair I would have SO done it the school yard tbh

Well, that's awful to hear. Wasn't a huge fan of it when I first saw it, but it's come to look pretty badass. It also had the benefit of being able to be performed at any time, which added to its deadliness. What a shame, it'll be interesting to hear the reason why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the only problem I had with the curb stomp was that it was one of those 619 or scissor kick type moves where the opponent was obviously positioned and waiting for it. Apart from that it worked well as a heel move, which I said when he was using it as part of Shield.

Though how will they write people off for movies now? More Kane and Big Show attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Nope, not doing it for me compared to the Curb Stomp. Ironically, it technically could be more devastating than a lot of finishers as you're actually planting a face/head into the ground, but the aesthetics of it aren't great, similar to 'dirty deeds'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Always found this a lot more vicious, found a one on a woman far worse than this tbh. At least they didn't give him the Test Drive....everyone had that once

Pro Wrestling NOAH has announced on their official site that Takeshi Morishima has decided to retire. Morishima, who held the ROH World Title from February to October of 2007, chose to retire after receiving some news about his doctor after undergoing blood test. Morishima has been dealing with some recurring injuries in the last few years.

NOAH will announce details as to Morishima’s retirement ceremony soon.

Loved his ROH matches 8 years or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Curbstomp endeavored

And yet they didn't write it into a show that has the RKO banned. Irritating.

(Also booo, WWE, boo)

A WWE.com article about Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett notes that Bryan, the current Intercontinental champion, "undergoing diagnostic testing to see if he can defend his title at Extreme Rules."

That term usually refers to medical tests for disease, not an injury. PWInsider.com was told last week that Bryan was pulled as a precautionary measure, but was unable to learn what exactly is wrong. If the WWE.com article is correct, he may not have been pulled for an injury at all.

Could a staph thing as Bryan doesn't look like he washes.

Could a staph thing as Bryan doesn't look like he washes.

Harsh but true and made me laugh for a good minute :pac:

Imagine if he had head lice and had to shave his hair and beard.

• Advertisement

Casting notices for WWE Tough Enough series note "fit, athletic, charismatic" and competitors within the age range of 18-25. Triple H lied.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement