Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some Wrestling News & Rumours 2019 Thread ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

They should just go all out an throw him into a proper mid card feud like they would have in the attitude era when half a tag team got injured.......f*ck it have him go after Big show after extreme rules. Its not gonna set the world alight but a single Uso run would be different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

rovert wrote: »
    Was easy to see this coming given the style he has worked since his comeback.

Has DB not toned his style down a bit? I recall him recently going to the top rope & I was expected a missls drop kick but he went for a double axe handle

Just as the main event match for the Smackdown taping was about to take place today in London, six fans, all coming from different directions, hopped the rail and hit the ring.
    The first fan, wearing a mask, hit the ring first and when security was distracted by him, the other five hit the ring and began doing spots with each other as WWE stars, including John Cena and Daniel Bryan stood there watching.

WWE security quickly dragged the fans out.

Jaysus

• Advertisement

Just as the main event match for the Smackdown taping was about to take place today in London, six fans, all coming from different directions, hopped the rail and hit the ring.
    The first fan, wearing a mask, hit the ring first and when security was distracted by him, the other five hit the ring and began doing spots with each other as WWE stars, including John Cena and Daniel Bryan stood there watching.

WWE security quickly dragged the fans out.

Jaysus

CClEdVRWYAAIwu0.jpg
    CClF-87W8AAXl-f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I know it's not news as such, but i thought i'd bring it up, Chris Jericho had a rant on his podcast recently about Hall Of Fame hecklers, and he does hit the nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I know it's not news as such, but i thought i'd bring it up, Chris Jericho had a rant on his podcast recently about Hall Of Fame hecklers, and he does hit the nail on the head.

It's a consequence of the shouty culture that's come along in wrestling fandom. Smark fans now feel entitled to 'comment' at a show or event and because of mob mentality those comments can be downright moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Video of the New Day Nexus invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

rovert wrote: »
    Jaysus

Shame it didn't happen live on Raw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

ERG89 wrote: »
    The pointless and wreckless bumps he took in a Smackdown match with Harper said a lot as did his admittance to refusing to change his style. Tbh wouldn't blame WWE for not pushing him that much

I don't know why everyone's blaming his in-ring style. The main incident I remember was a regular suplex which Harper botched. I don't remember any moves being particularly risky; just regular bumps with bad execution. It's more a consequence of WWE not putting him with guys he can work safely with.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

He needs a Ryback feud!

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/588368837873025024

At least Dublin got to see him.
    PWInsider.com has not been able to confirm exactly why Bryan was pulled, but when reached for comment, WWE responded with the following statement:

"Daniel Bryan has been pulled from the remainder of the UK tour as a precautionary measure."
    I don't know why everyone's blaming his in-ring style. The main incident I remember was a regular suplex which Harper botched. I don't remember any moves being particularly risky; just regular bumps with bad execution. It's more a consequence of WWE not putting him with guys he can work safely with.

For reference:
    vFBAowB.gif

Layla added "host" to her Instagram bio. Fueling the Tough Enough rumours:
    https://instagram.com/laylayel/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I remember plenty of moves he did that were just insane to do on the back of his long lay-off. I actually hadn't seen that one with Harper. I do remember he took a bump on to the floor which made me gasp. I forget who it was he was working with.

It's almost as if he was pushing himself to see if he could still do his old style.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Bryan as been so disappointing. Kurt Angle like in terms of "gunning it" in the ring. He used to be the polar opposite in ROH changing up his style constantly and cycling moves in and out of his repertoire.

He got the small package over as an unbreakable, match finishing move!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

That's the strangest thing about it. Bryan more than most people on WWE's roster is capable of radically adjusting his offense to be less punishing, but suffer little in terms of quality from it. It's weird to see him work that high impact style when he doesn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's the thing with the WWE wrestlers they have style/move sets and they stick to them we all know what we will get with every single wrestler on the roster match in match when was the last time a wrestler in the WWE shocked us with a change of style to combat an opponent.

Ziggler is one bad bump away from being in the same place as Bryan is now.

Didn't Lance Storm recently talk about the problem of style in wrestling? If everyone wrestles more or less the same way it detracts hugely from the psychological aspect. Having a small, but effective submissions guy vs. a big brawler would open up tons of possibilities and make a match pretty fascinating, increasingly so as the contrast is emphasised. Angle v. Undertaker at No Way Out went in this direction and it's one of the best matches, in WWE at least, of that decade. What's the point of the WWE style, anyway?

"Yeah, let's make all our matches kind of the same. People will love it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Marlon Deep Storage

Was tazz still on commentary for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Be a good guy to bring to work in the performance centre I really enjoyed him on the 1st Tough Enough which I watched recently again on the network

If Bryan is forced to retire for good, I'd vote to have him go out to an almighty psycho beatdown from Sheamus. If Bryan can work some kind of realistic angle to that effect while protecting the neck, that is. I just think that would put Sheamus over the top as a detestable heel fans truly hate. Right now, WWE is running short on those. You pretty much have Stephanie and The Miz as the only two who can really do it. The rest are ones who the fans wish would either go away, or 'cool' heels who are one step away from being a face.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

briany wrote: »
    If Bryan is forced to retire for good, I'd vote to have him go out to an almighty psycho beatdown from Sheamus. If Bryan can work some kind of realistic angle to that effect while protecting the neck, that is. I just think that would put Sheamus over the top as a detestable heel fans truly hate. Right now, WWE is running short on those. You pretty much have Stephanie and The Miz as the only two who can really do it. The rest are ones who the fans wish would either go away, or 'cool' heels who are one step away from being a face.

Would'nt put Miz and Steph in the same league at all . Steph is in league ahead of Miz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

briany wrote: »

Why because Sheamus is Irish? What a load of nonsense. If Bryan has to retire he should have his last match against Ziggler for the IC Title. He then leaves the ring for the last time with his head held high and not on a stretcher in a work to get Sheamus heat

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'd actually rather the stretcher idea over the idea of him having his last match with Ziggler. Ziggler has had so many stop start pushes that him getting the rub would ultimately mean nothing as he'd be back jobbing the next week on Main Event.

Loughc wrote: »
    I'd actually rather the stretcher idea over the idea of him having his last match with Ziggler. Ziggler has had so many stop start pushes that him getting the rub would ultimately mean nothing as he'd be back jobbing the next week on Main Event.

They would have a great match. Bryan is the most over guy in God knows how long and having his send off against Sheamus is nothing short of disgraceful. If the rumours were to be believed didn't Bryan refuse a feud with Sheamus?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Putting Ziggler over is not the way for Bryan to go out. If he's going to retire due to injury, he's not going to be wrestling any more matches for obvious reasons. I quite like the idea of Sheamus ending his career (as long as they can do it safely) or perhaps a debuting Kevin Owens, but that's another conversation altogether. Highly doubt he'll be retiring anytime soon anyways, he might need another surgery though, for all the good the last one did him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Putting Ziggler over is a bad way for Bryan to go out. If he's going to retire due to injury, he's not going to be wrestling any more matches. I quite like the idea of Sheamus ending his career (as long as they can do it safely) or perhaps a debuting Kevin Owens, but that's another conversation altogether. Highly doubt he'll be retiring anytime soon anyways, he might need another surgery though, for all the good the last one did him.

jesus man its not always about putting people over and works. If the guys career is getting cut short let him have a decent match and walk out of the ring. Its 2015 he doesnt need to written out of the storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tugboats wrote: »
    jesus man its not always about putting people over and works. If the guys career is getting cut short let him have a decent match and walk out of the ring. Its 2015 he doesnt need to written out of the storyline

Point out the exact part of my post where I explicitly stated such a thing. I merely agreed with briany's idea and threw in one of my own along with it. If he's retiring due to injury, then it's obviously a serious issue with his health where he can't go on wrestling. Why on earth would the doctor clear him for another match if that was the case? He's not the type of lad that would retire unless he was told he had to. As I said, it's highly unlikely he's going to retire anyways, it's just speculation at this stage due to him being pulled from a few matches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement