Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OEM MK1 GT turbo Starlet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Can't get over the tiny amount of wires in this car.
    Man, old cars are just the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Cheers lads .. The attention to detail has only just began wait and see the work that will go into this car it will be truly mint

Cian you have seen the money gone into it already on optional extras alone ha there crazy money

My plan for this year is get engine in mint condition with full engine and gearbox respray
    Car, alloy wheels and engine bay respray
    Waxoil underside of the car and spray wishbones and Axels etc
    And new shocks, springs, top mounts and nuts and bolts from toyota and if funds allow me I'll get a full braking kit off Toyota all brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ben9195

Enjoying this project. Any idea how much you have spent on it so far?.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

ben9195 wrote: »
    Enjoying this project. Any idea how much you have spent on it so far?.

You wouldn't ask a random girl her bra size, surely you couldn't ask him how much he spent.

Just enjoy the view :) and if your lucky you'll get to hear the numbers some day.

You wouldn't ask a random girl her bra size, surely you couldn't ask him how much he spent.

Just enjoy the view :) and if your lucky you'll get to hear the numbers some day.

Hahahahaha good reply Adrian haha .. Not sure man in about 2500 on optional extras about another 1500 on toyota reciepts .. I know it doesn't look it but all the little bits add up on it snd Iv about another 400 quid worth of toyota parts on the way so I'm always skint ha

Just last week Iv spent 520 on it which resulted in this
    D0B5934D-655B-45EB-855C-D3C8921109A6_zps73ir82x6.jpg

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention that a few weeks back I got the proper yellow lights for my head lights as standard on the car the previous owner took them our so there back on there I'm very happy with them

C9C4E731-7F81-49D5-A4F8-37568B6A7037_zpsrkrzmir4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ben9195

Not a great comparison Darramh91, What's going in to your project are genuine. Can't say the same for random girls bras! LOL

Got more parts off toyota today
    Got the 2 brand new shields for my cat so I'll polish them up tonight and get more pictures of them
    Number 1
    image_zpsp9p1uxpy.jpg

image_zpspamc4wrt.jpg

Number 2

image_zps8itbhcep.jpg

image_zpsu6nvjltb.jpg

Got this brand new actuator today in the post today very happy with it took a while to find a new one as they only come on the turbo from Toyota and its discontinued but was like 1300 euro ha .. Anyways here's my actuator

2621208B-1BB5-441E-AD35-08FEA54A593C_zps48cjjbok.jpg

2E866F1F-D5FB-4A04-A093-AF5D5E99DF36_zpsfbodtifw.jpg

2DA4AC80-2BD6-465E-8782-C9D9AB1D7E48_zps2foucrky.jpg

48DF1320-39FA-49C6-BB45-F9FBFCE0C254_zpsyuydhkrc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need help!

Fair play though, keep it up.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You need help!

Ha I don't get you how come I need help ha?

Got these stickers for my gt today .. There exactly like the oem no smokin sticker for my ashtray I'm extremely happy with them there exactly like the original sticker .. I'll get more pics when I'm next up with the gt

image_zpsl7mgojmm.jpg

image_zpstxbgav7y.jpg

Got this today brand new toyota rad .. Was quite pricy but worth it tho only genuine Toyota parts goin into this car .. I'm still waiting on my 2 new rad brackets and 2 new bolts for it

D5E6A182-7095-43E2-8499-5FE07EEBFDB5_zpshqtny6l6.jpg

72151670-4F24-4EED-B79F-3263FBB3F15E_zpsz1infmjt.jpg

C774D6A8-5B84-4729-A501-73DF2DF07BE1_zpskfpoll3m.jpg

C1FB40FD-E76F-4CFE-8CE5-0B9C355EE374_zpsrncwxyuv.jpg

More parts came today got myself a new ignitor new rotor arm and new dizzy cap again all genuine parts
    I had to get all clip type parts as the boot type is discontinued from toyota that was originally on the mk1

image_zpsalmwivsp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

The attention to detail really is impressive man, havent owned a jap car yet. Love the way you can still get all those parts and not get bent over on the price....:D

Keep it up!

Yeah it's gettin there now it still needs a lot of work done to get it in mint condition but ill get there in the end I don't plan on rushing the car I'll take my time and get it right

Yeah price wise out of toyota is pretty ok depending on the part but the optional extras are very expensive that's where the money is on the car but there a nice feature to the car that very few cars have in them

Got more parts off toyota today .. Brand new ht leads and a new king lead .. That's all the electrical side of the car all brand new now

image_zpsvivkrit7.jpg

image_zpszohlnaoh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Would love to see this in the flesh. Coming on nicely!

Interesting what you said about the toll bridges in japan. The primera has 2 handy coin holders that get me thtough toll bridges with ease! Always thought they were in japs and not in euro cars because they dont have to worry as much about someone smashing a winddiw for a few quid in coins.

You will see it some day when there's some type of a meet of some sort .. The car is by no means mint but it's come on a long way since Iv bought it last year there's be so much spent on it

Yeah Japan is full of them so there's so many things for change in the car and with the optional extras etc they
    A little bit of pointless information there for you haha

Here's a list of the optional extras to date so far

1. Boot Matt
    2. Map Torch
    3. Air Purifier
    4. Intermitted Wiper Stalk
    5. Light Up Ignition Barrel
    6. Multi-Box
    7. Non Smoking Ashtray
    8. 6 Disc CD Changer
    9. Under Seat Compartment Tray
    10. OEM Graphic Equalizer
    11. Arm Rest
    12. Vanity Tray
    13. Reg Plate Surrounds
    14. Wind Deflectors
    15. Recaro Fishnet Interior
    16. Climate Control
    17. Clean Box (Front)
    18. Junior Seat
    19. Mk1 Rescueman
    20. C52 LSD Gearbox
    21. Optional alloys

I'm starting too see the light at the end of the tunnel now but still loads to get still

What's left to get off the top of my head

1. Rear clean box
    2. Navi boy ( compass )
    3. Rain sensors
    4. 3 point rear strut
    5. Roof mounted clean ace
    6. Pioneer parcel shelf speakers
    7. Retractable parking pole
    8. 12 disk cd changer
    9. Optional door card speakers
    10. Air fantasy fragrance system
    11. First Aid Kit

Here's the colour I'll be goin for when I get the money up for a full spray job .. What's you think yes or no

image_zpswgfknwek.jpg
    image_zps20sq9yko.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Keep up the good work, enjoying this thread. I'd stick with black.

Ha the car actully isnt black man it's green when you see it in front of you

Itl be just the bottom goin beige nd top stating green .. Super rare colour I cant wIt to get it like that .. Them pics I have are from the original brochure for the car nd never seen a gt on ireland that colour can't wait to get it like that it will finish off the super rare oem look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Just looked back at your pics, friend of mine had a celica similar colour but yours looks darker. Did toyota use that colour in Hiaces around 2004.

Don't think they did man the colour code is 6L2 so who knows maybe they did use it

It's a lovly colour when it's all cleaned up on front of you but I love the green and beige I'll be lookin forward to gettin that colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

6. Multi-Box
    12. Vanity Tray
    17. Clean Box (Front)
    18. Junior Seat
    19. Mk1 Rescueman
    1. Rear clean box
    3. Rain sensors
    5. Roof mounted clean ace
    7. Retractable parking pole
    What are these bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mayota wrote: »
    Just looked back at your pics, friend of mine had a celica similar colour but yours looks darker. Did toyota use that colour in Hiaces around 2004.

Pretty sure they used oasis green (as on corollas and avensiss) on hiaces

What are these bits?

Here's your answeres here mate

Multi-Box = storage compartment for cards ( bank card, safe pass etc ) .. Coins and bigger stuff like notes, phone or even johnnys haha whatever really fits in there

IMG_1030_zpsb3410619.jpg

IMG_1031_zps1fd32dc6.jpg

Vanity Tray = Basiclly it sticks on with double sided sticky tape onto the dash of thee ep82 starlet and has 2 cup holders moulded into it, a pop up mirror, slots for change and a pen holder

image_zpse9115190.jpg

IMG_1113_zps5aa86d51.jpg

Clean Box (Front) = a bin mounded to passanger side footwell which slides off and then straight back on again

DSCN0607_zps3b07ab0c.jpg

CCDBD12E-FB18-46C2-90D3-1C2E1C9D6712_zpspzlibf3r.jpg

Junior Seat = baby seat made for mostly all toyotas in that era

IMG_0069_zps65010b04.jpg

Mk1 Rescueman

image_zps1abd49cf.jpg

Rear clean box = bin that is mounted into the boot of the car again with double sided sticky tape

f0b605f3_zps406d2d50.jpg

Rain sensors = when it rains they determin how fast to put the wipers on automatically

image_zpsw6trmdfy.jpg

Roof mounted clean ace = another air purifier but mounts to the roof where the light is but it has another light built into it so you don't loose your light in the car

cleanaceunit1_zps5ddf2988.jpg

Retractable parking pole = whenp arming the car at night if your too close to another object the light will go on/flash to warn you your too close

image_zpstuecw64i.jpg

Hope these are of some help to you mate and answer all your questions .. Feel free to ask more if you want to know anything else about these or any other toyota optional extras mate .. Iv done my home work and can help to tell you if there for your car or not and if it's the right modle for your car .. If I do t know your answer I'll find out for you

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Pretty sure they used oasis green (as on corollas and avensiss) on hiaces

They could ha e but I know on the book it's 6L2 blackish/green .. Unsure of the proper name for it tho bit the avensis wasn't as dark as this colour they were a good big brighter I think but I'm open to a answeres if you can get gge paint code to see if they are the same

More super rare optional extras.. These 3 way pioneer speakers seen in the brochures in the starlet never seen a set before in my life in anyone else's car never mind being sold I couldn't be happier with these there the hardest speakers to get ever offered for the mk1 starlet .. Took a while to fine but I got there in the end

image_zpsevsvhatx.jpg

image_zpsnnrxy95a.jpg

image_zpsgwgji2ho.jpg

image_zpsd3jeqpit.jpg

image_zpsqstus2qf.jpg

image_zpsi4pqzmta.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

This thread just keeps on giving. Where do you source all these parts Darragmh91?

Advertisement