Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the MA healthcare management at IPA good?

• 22-09-2013 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking to get into contact with anyone who has completed the healthcare masters at the IPA. Is the course worth the money?

Is the diploma in public management well recognised outside the healthcare sector?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Hi studybee, I know this is an old thread but just checking if you did this course via the IPA?

It looks a good course and is a UCD MA award. The other 2 masters in this area are the RCSI and trinity but the IPA appears the best for distance learning (I live on the west coast).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maigheo Maigheo

Any feedback from anyone who did this course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

I went ahead and completed the course.

I would strongly recommend the IPA (especially if you are a public or civil servant) for the MA Healthcare management course. I graduated with a UCD MA degree but I think they have gone with another university to accredit now (you may want to check).

As a side note, at the time of my course there were 2 other masters in healthcare management (all in Dublin), Trinity and the RCSI. The courses appear almost identical but the IPA suited me as it allowed me to attend at weekends (I wasn't approved for study leave so this was a real plus).

I could go on but if there is anything specific pm / post me and I'll get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Just to add further info. I know of quite a few who have done the RCSI masters and one who did the trinity one. All spoken positively of the courses and content and doing well career wise. I’d go with whichever is the most cost effective which may be dependent on an employer contribution which may favour one institution over another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maigheo Maigheo

Hi there - I'm working as a Finance Manager in a hospital and want to build on my knowledge of hospital environment and best practices in hospital management/leadership. I'm interested in doing a healthcare management/leadership/economics course - does anyone have any recommendations

• Advertisement
Advertisement