Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The Good Kit/Tips Thread

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭swimfast

going into navy this month have to buy long sleeve white dri flo tshirts first of all what are these and were can i get them ?
    i live in dublin so preferably somewere in town
    would something like this do http://www.elverys.ie/Product/Adidas-Response-Long-Sleeve-Mens-Running-TShirt-WhiteBlue/214660/0000000638

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

swimfast wrote: »
    going into navy this month have to buy long sleeve white dri flo tshirts first of all what are these and were can i get them ?
    would something like this do http://www.elverys.ie/Product/Adidas-Response-Long-Sleeve-Mens-Running-TShirt-WhiteBlue/214660/0000000638

You can get them in any sports shop. Usually Canterbury or Under Armour brands.

If you're in Cork city you can get them in Maher Sports down by Smyths.

It would be a good idea to get Under Armour/Canterbury sports boxers as well for PT. (Wear them under your regular shorts obviously ;) )

amurph0 wrote: »
    You can get them in any sports shop. Usually Canterbury or Under Armour brands.

If you're in Cork city you can get them in Maher Sports down by Smyths.

oh so its just underarmor ye ? thought it was something fancy cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

It's dri-flo. Driflo is dri flo.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭userfriendly2

Dry flo is the fabric that wicks sweat away from the body and helps regulate body temperture- making them Ideal for PT's and other sports activities. It seems unfair that the specifically said dry flo as these are expensive - in my recruit training we just needed white t shirts - so i hit up penny's I remember getting them for 3 euro a pop and bought ten:-) I wouldnt say u'd have an issue getting normal t shirts but maybe send an email or call to see i this is ok after all some of the higher end dry flos can easily be 50 quid a pop:-O Congrata on getting the navy btw:-)

• Advertisement

Dry flo is the fabric that wicks sweat away from the body and helps regulate body temperture- making them Ideal for PT's and other sports activities. It seems unfair that the specifically said dry flo as these are expensive - in my recruit training we just needed white t shirts - so i hit up penny's I remember getting them for 3 euro a pop and bought ten:-) I wouldnt say u'd have an issue getting normal t shirts but maybe send an email or call to see i this is ok after all some of the higher end dry flos can easily be 50 quid a pop:-O Congrata on getting the navy btw:-)
    They have to be white long sleeve called said coolmax would.be acceptable also said dont get coton tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

A white long sleeve Canterbury will be about 20-25euro.

Got them today they were 35

Got them today they were 35

• Registered Users Posts: 13,245 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I know this is a bit of a zombie thread, but it might be the right place to ask this without creating a new one:

Do any of the crowd in here who used canvas web gear have any tips for washing really dusty, musty kit? I have a bunch of stuff to wash and I don't want to do anything harsh to it that might cause it to shrink or wash off any stampings. What methods did you use to keep everything clean and serviceable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Can you pot a pic Kowloon?

Usually a deck scrub or wire brush would do the trick. If you put up a pic we may be able to give a better answer.

I'll grab some pics, it's some 50's to 70's web gear that was used for filming, it's muddied up and dusty probably on purpose.

Brush took off most of the heavy stuff, this would be representative of the type of material, some of it has leather tabs or plastic lining. There are oil stains on some bits but none of the photos show it.

319282.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

A quick question for all experienced Defence Force personnel.........where's the best place to buy waterproof socks?. My son will be going to the Glen soon as part of his recruit training. Is any brand better than another......Sealskinz vs Dekshell, etc. Finally, what about the Army Bargains shop in Dublin? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Niall1990

Hello. I'm starting recruit training next week. And I'm wondering wat the story is if you get an injury or something. Does that mean tough ****e your out. Or can you take a day or two to rest and continue training or how does it work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

You don't need to worry about it. Just get on with what they tell you. Any information you think that you know beforehand is pretty meaningless because it'll always just be a case by case basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Are there any Irish military personnel, current or former who could answer a small question?

You know the 'broad arrow' used by the British military to mark assets, equipment and weaponry as being property of the British Army, is there an Irish equivalent?

Just curious.

Thanks

LD

The older gear, at least, had the "FF in a circle" stamp, but I don't know if that was as comprehensive as the broad arrow.

Advertisement