Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Forum Charter - Ignore and face a banning - New Charter 20/10/2009

• 11-12-2003 11:27am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This forum and it's sub-forums are dedicated to poker and all its variants - both online and in the flesh. Please remain on topic and be civil to other members.

Golden Rule

"Don't be a dick!" So play nice, be nice to new posters looking for help starting out. Being obnoxious or abusive to others can lead to censure. Banter among peers in appropriate places is fine, abuse is not.

Site Wide Rules:

All Boards sitewide rules apply here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq#faq_bie_faq_guidelines Including the following:

* Discussion of moderation of other forums is not tolerated. All such issues should be raised in the Helpdesk or Feedback forum alternatively with the relevant moderator(s).

* Planning of, or involvement in threadspoiling or coordinated attacks on another forum on boards is a serious issue that may result in a siteban being issued to those involved.

* No spamming (unsolicited advertising), shilling (advocating something you pretend to have no connection to, but actually do) or trolling (inflaming comments designed to cause argument).

* No re-registering to get around a forum ban.

* No discussion of where to source illegally copied movies/games/music, etc.

Any breaches of these rules can result in bans up to and including a complete site ban depending on the rule breach.

Poker forum specific rules:-

1. Do not create or post in off topic threads. These threads will be deleted or merged with the Bad beats, Boasts and Venting sticky provided without notice (see also rule #2).

2. Bad Beat stories/ Boasts/ unfounded gossip/ claims that online poker is fixed/ off topic posts/ etc. should be posted in the Bad beats, Boasts and Venting sticky provided. Any threads created about such topics will be merged with this sticky.

3. Outbursts of personal abuse/racism/hissy fits/sarcastic jibes/newbie bashing etc. will not be tolerated (see Golden Rule above!). These posts will be deleted.

4. There is no discussion of where to source Rakeback allowed. Should a general thread on rakeback appear, it should not be used to pimp yourself as an affiliate or your site in general, but genuine generic advice is encouraged. The use of your sig to request or advertise rakeback is allowed (within the confines of rule #12 below). Any Threads asking for rakeback will be locked or deleted.

5. Threads relating to Real World Events should be posted in the "Real-World Tournaments and Events" Forum. Threads advertising Events (no matter how disguised) posted in the main forum and/or not following the correct structure as outlined in the Poker Event Guidelines sticky will be deleted without notice. *

6. Threads relating to staking / online tourney discussion / sweating are to be posted in the "Online Tournaments" Forum. *

7. Please post Hand Histories / Theory discussions related to Hold'em in the "Holdem HH's & Theory" Forum

8. Please post Hand Histories / Theory discussion around Omaha or other poker variants in the "Omaha, Variants HH's & Theory" Forum

9 Please post any rules questions or discussions in the "Rules and Rulings" forum.

10. If you have any issue with a post in these forums then report it to a Moderator. DO NOT post and get involved.

11. Text speak is not allowed. It makes posts hard to read and is annoying. Someone doing this constantly will be warned and if this warning is not heeded, you will be banned temporarily and longer if necessary.

12. Advertising in Sigs - One link. (this obviously only applies to commerical sites not to people who want to link blogs, put in quotes etc. This applies to site advertsing). More on this in the Tournament sub forum and here.

* - non-profit events directly related to boards are exempt from this (e.g.bcoop, bsop, cash league etc.)

NOTE: Any poster who it is deemed by the moderators to be making trouble without breaking any specific rule can also be banned at a moderators discretion.

Punishments:

Breaches of Sitewide rules will result in an immediate Forum ban and could lead to a Sitewide ban.

Punishment for breaches of Poker Forum Specific rules are at the moderators discretion and will be based on the severity of the breach; the history of the poster; previous bannings; etc.

Punishments can vary from a warning to an infraction or a temporary ban upto a permanent ban. The general first offence punishment is a warning, if this warning is not heeded the norm is a 3 day temporary banning from the forum.

NOTE: Consistent infringement of the above rules will result in a longer ban than the norm for the offense than would apply to a less frequent offender.

If you are banned and wish to appeal, either PM the moderator who banned you, or start a Helpdesk thread for appeal to an Admin.

For all the above, moderator action is at our discretion, and some actions are more serious than others, but common sense and forum interests will apply. Breach of sitewide rules may in some instance result in a sitewide ban for offenders for those more serious breaches. The length and application is at the discretion of the site Admins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

To keep the forum from getting clogged by threads requesting and offering rakeback deals, please put a line in your signature if you want a rakeback deal or have details for those seeking one.

Please pm me (Lafortezza) if you have any questions, or check the website www.rakebackreview.com for information and reviews of various rakeback deals. This website is basically an information source regarding all aspects of rakeback. It doesn't offer deals itself but monitors various rakeback providers and tries to give honest feedback.

This forum page lets you post and say "I want to play on site XYZ, who has a rakeback deal to offer me?" Rakeback providers will then pm you and offer you deals.
    I would recommend that you get as much detail as possible from these providers
    - What % rake back will I get?
    - When does it get paid (usually monthly)?
    - Does it get paid into my poker site account or do I need a Neteller a/c? ( www.neteller.com a secure online bank used by all good poker sites).
    - Do I need to play a certain amount of poker each month to qualify to get rakeback?

One other thing I would advise doing is to get referrences from other players who are getting rakeback from the affiliate who is offering you the deal.
    If you ask for some posters names on the 2+2 forums, then pm those posters politely asking about the rakeback affiliate, it can be a good indication of the affiliate being legitimate or not.

If you get screwed over by your rakeback provider (not paying/not answering emails) there isn't much you can do. Your poker account on e.g. Empire Poker will still work perfectly. The only problem can be if you try to sign up a new account with a *different* rakeback provider at a later date. A reputable rakeback affiliate should be able to explain how this works.

Pokerstars does not allow rakeback. Party Poker's T&C specifically does not permit rakeback. Party now provides a VIP Programme where high volume players get rewards.
    Tribeca sites generally do not allow rakeback, although Doyle's Room and Golden Palace do afaik. Various Prima poker skins, Cryptologic skins ,Absolute Poker and the Ex-Party skins (Empire/Eurobet/Intertop/etc) have rakeback.

I'd also definitely recommend getting PokerTracker or similar tracking/statistical software to keep track of how much rake you have over a certain period. It can be helpful (screenshots/exported files) in case you have a disagreement or questions about your rakeback with your affiliate.

If anyone has any information that they think could be added to this please pm me.

Any rakeback threads on the poker forum in the future will be locked with a reference to the charter.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One link. (this obviously only applies to commerical sites not to people who want to link blogs, put in quotes etc. This applies to site advertsing.)

Thats it, no images, no colours, no over sized text, no bold, no italics, no marketing spiel.

You can have one link and it must contain the text of the link its going to bring you to. For example: if you link is going to bring the user to www.irishpokermadhouse.com then the text must be that URL. It may not be "Click here for the biggest freeroll ever!!"
    Nor can it be "CLICK HERE FOR RAKEBACK!!!"

If you want to advertise a commerical venture, our banner ads can be targetted at the poker forum specifically. They are very reasonable. If you arent willing to support us, I dont see why we should support you.

Sorry to be blunt but frankly a few people have been taking the absolute mick.

DeV.

EDIT: Original thread + Discussion can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055066931

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry, some clarifications:

1. This applies only to commerical advertisements in sigs. Youtube links, blogs, favourite sites etc are all covered by the general sig rules available at:
    www.boards.ie/sigrules

2. In terms of explaining the link, I accept that some are not as obvious so as a compromise this is the format we'll accept:

http://raf.pokerredirect.net/raf/affiliateDownload.do?referralCode=1895 | Check this out for best Rakeback deals!

All on one line, no wrapping around, no formatting (ie: colours, size, font etc).

I'm writing this with my Boards.ie Admin hat on, nothing to do with Antesup or GJP. I wouldnt be writing this at all if a couple of people hadnt blatantly taken the f*ckin mick and simply pushed and pushed until I've gotten annoyed with the whole thing. I think we have been incredibly supportive of the special relationship between promoters and players with the provision of the Events forum and turned a blind eye to advertising in sigs until is has been abused to the point that I feel we're being taken advantage of.

Anyway, these are the new rules and from Sunday bans will be brought to bear for non-compliance.

DeV.

I'm fnckin' hacked off with people taking the p*ss on the site.

I have bent the rules of Boards to provide a tournie forum for commercial operators and clubs to promote tournaments, but increasingly people are taking the mick and treating Boards like we are fncking idiots by posting requests for "feedback" in the main site, putting HUGE tournie advertisements in their sigs and PMing people etc.

We have given you guys a platform to promote your events to anyone who wants to find out about them but seemingly that isnt enough and the envelope is being pushed beyond what I am going to tolerate. It annoys the f*ck out of me that enough is never enough and my next steps will be to start to dish out month bans, next enforce a ban of discussion of your tournament as we have with MCD events and ultimately to suspend the tournie forum until you guys cop on that what we provide is a valuable platform for you which you get to use FOR FREE and a bit of respect for our wishes is not just good business sense but some common fncking courtesy.

I'm closing this thread now because this topic is not for discussion. Accept it or go elsewhere.

DeV.

EDIT: Original thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055180297

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

New charter replaced old one on 20/10/2009.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement