Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half-Life: Alyx (formerly: Half Life 3 is coming??)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭brevity

Steam hated it back when it forced me to sign up with Half Life 2,

This was a colossal pain in ass at the time. Not everyone had decent internet over here when it was released. I had to bring my laptop into an internet café to get the game registered and enable "offline play". Took about an hour to download updates too.

Dark days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

day 1 took me 3 hours to install the game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Absolutely
    UPlay is the concentration camp of platfroms.

But....

I do like the 200 points to knock 20% off any purchase thinge

Origin is ok, but i dont trust EA

Steam hated it back when it forced me to sign up with Half Life 2, but since then.......the amount of games ive bought....
    GOG is better in that respect IMO.

For one because they use actual dollar amounts instead of "points".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I'm using GOG as often as possible these days. If the all the big publishers used them too (will never happen), I'd use GOG exclusively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe something from Valve with the number 3 will happen this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maybe something from Valve with the number 3 will happen this year...

Left 4 Dead 3 hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Benzino

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Left 4 Dead 3 hopefully.

The only Valve game that matters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Benzino wrote: »
    The only Valve game that matters :D

Pure blasphemy

Fingers crossed for Poker Night at the Inventory 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fingers crossed for Poker Night at the Inventory 3.

Portal 3 would be very welcome. Jaysus Valve, make some ****ing games will ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭brevity

It will be some shady game for smart phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Everytime somebody bumps this thread.... A kitten dies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ricochet 2: Electric Boogaloo

Gabe Newell hints that Valve may release a new Half-Life game in 4-5 years
    When a fan asked Gabe Newell whether he would ever play a new chapter of Half-Life before he dies, Newell responded by saying.

“Just don’t die in the next 5 years or so ;)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.............

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nobody is actually excited for it anymore though, are they? Seems to be just a meme now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Anyone who posts a HL3 story on April 1st should be flogged until the following April 1st.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dunno about others, but what I'd like is Valve to take some accountability with Steam and pull it away from being such a sh*tshow; to the point I'd be a little peeved they went back to making games, instead of getting their online house in order.

Gabe Newell hints that Valve may release a new Half-Life game in 4-5 years

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.............

No.

And unsurprisingly, confirmed as fake. As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

And unsurprisingly, confirmed as fake. As you were.

emoji_emoticon_smiley_-06-512.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Micko in work says this is out in time for Christmas exclusive to Xbox Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

01 04 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Absolutely
    Just gonna repost from the Gaming Humour thread.

ouchwvgavon21.jpg

We'll get a new half life for the valve VR but itll be an all new cast of characters in a plot that takes place between the first two games, it won't be a numbered title, the actual half life 3 will then eventually appear after about 8 years and people will lose their ****, not because it's coming out but because Gordon has been relegated to non-playable side character.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sigh......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

In seriousness, it's a pity that Valve didn't finish what they started with the Half Life series. I usually don't have that much time for storylines in video games, but the world of HL2, in particular, was fantastically well-realised. At least with the Portal series, we get something like an ending.

One really hot shooter dropped in 2008, that I can think of, and that was Crysis, and that was a sensation of its own. My guess with HL, is that Valve couldn't come up with the ideas needed to make HL3 that shooter of shooters. And since then, more innovation has happened, and the industry has trended away from single-player shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

New posts in this thread used to excite me, even if it always ended in disappointment. Now, I don't get excited when I see new posts in this anymore. We know it's never going to happen at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

briany wrote: »
    In seriousness, it's a pity that Valve didn't finish what they started with the Half Life series. I usually don't have that much time for storylines in video games, but the world of HL2, in particular, was fantastically well-realised. At least with the Portal series, we get something like an ending.

One really hot shooter dropped in 2008, that I can think of, and that was Crysis, and that was a sensation of its own. My guess with HL, is that Valve couldn't come up with the ideas needed to make HL3 that shooter of shooters. And since then, more innovation has happened, and the industry has trended away from single-player shooters.
    Its still a no-brainer hundreds of millions in profits though, I was going to say you'd think the shareholders would demand it just for that reason but they're still a private company.

Advertisement