Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying flea/tick spot on online

• 08-03-2019 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

My local pharmacy no longer stocks flea/tick spot ons for cats and I'm nearly 40 miles from a vet, so am considering buying online. I usually use Frontline or its generic equivalent. I can't find anywhere that will ship this to Ireland. I tried Amazon.co.uk but they won't even ship Frontline to my Parcel Wizard address in Northern Ireland. They will ship Beaphar Fiprotec to NI.

Has anyone used parcel wizard or motel to buy spot-ons successfully? I'm a bit concerned that they package might be stopped. Or is there anywhere in Ireland where I can buy this online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭janmaree

You could try Viovet, I buy from them with Parcel Motel but what will happen after Brexit.............? It's anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

My local SuperValu sells flea/tick spot on, maybe try there first or local pet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks janmaree, I'll have a look. Our local Supervalu is tiny and don't stock any. They even run out of cat litter for weeks on end.

I'm concerned about Brexit too, especially about how it might delay shipments from Zooplus, which seem to be routed through the UK, but that is probably a topic for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

What about vetuk.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You could also use addresspal with the U.K. address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I got frontline from petwell in the uk using a dpd parcelwizard address.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

do any of these use an Post please? I am now out of range of couriers as they will not use the ferry, whereas we get postal deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Graces7 wrote: »
    do any of these use an Post please? I am now out of range of couriers as they will not use the ferry, whereas we get postal deliveries

using addresspal from anpost you can get home deliveries from UK, starting with 6.49 EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

mvl wrote: »
    using addresspal from anpost you can get home deliveries from UK, starting with 6.49 EUR.

Thanks;l I was tired and overcomplicatying it. I get eg supplements etc from the Uk and US simply by An Post often. we have no post office here so keep it very simple. I need to google before bothering good folk like yourself![

Advertisement