Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accounting Technicians Online Course

Options
  • 12-03-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is currently doing the Accounting Technicians online course? I'm in first year and would love to chat with someone else doing it or that has done it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

laneykin wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else is currently doing the Accounting Technicians online course? I'm in first year and would love to chat with someone else doing it or that has done it.

Hi I’m also doing this course! I’m in 1st year now. Finding the 4 modules tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hi I’m also doing this course! I’m in 1st year now. Finding the 4 modules tough!

Hi,

Do the sample papers in both law and ethics and business, your exam will be based on the sample papers!
    And the other exams practices the past papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

I found doing the 4 modules tough too as I'm also working full time. You'll get through it though. For FA and Tax the key really is to practice questions constantly, it's the only way to learn them and be prepared for the exam.

I was so stressed before all of my exams but I came out with really good results in all subjects so try not to stress too much, if you want any help in anything let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

I found doing the 4 modules tough too as I'm also working full time. You'll get through it though. For FA and Tax the key really is to practice questions constantly, it's the only way to learn them and be prepared for the exam.

I was so stressed before all of my exams but I came out with really good results in all subjects so try not to stress too much, if you want any help in anything let me know.

Do you have any tips for second year, I'm finding it so tough, have my sage exam in 2 weeks and I can't even sleep thinking about it

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Do you have any tips for second year, I'm finding it so tough, have my sage exam in 2 weeks and I can't even sleep thinking about it

I'm actually just in second year myself, I do the online course though so my exams aren't until August. Finding second year tough myself, the work load is pretty heavy with all 4 subjects needing a lot of attention.

• Advertisement

Thank you for your replies, I’m going to focus on exam questions for the next month, particularly in financial accounting and taxation. And for the theory based subjects I’m holding strategic studying will work for me!!

If I continue to second-year I will probably do two modules at a time. Working full time and also having a toddler makes the four modules quite difficult and I’d like to give it my full attention.

Are any of you not working in accounts? I’m really struggling to get my foot in the door of an accounts job.

Thank you for your replies, I’m going to focus on exam questions for the next month, particularly in financial accounting and taxation. And for the theory based subjects I’m holding strategic studying will work for me!!

If I continue to second-year I will probably do two modules at a time. Working full time and also having a toddler makes the four modules quite difficult and I’d like to give it my full attention.

Are any of you not working in accounts? I’m really struggling to get my foot in the door of an accounts job.

Focusing on the exam questions is definitely the way to go. But also don't forget the theory questions in FA and Tax as there's actually not much to learn for them and they're an easy part of the paper to pick up marks in, especially in Tax. If you do all theory questions from the previous papers for Tax, you'll find the same things keep coming up.

Yeah I was told that second year wasn't as full on and that it would be much easier but I have to say I still think it's difficult and there's a lot in the four modules.

I am working in accounts at the moment. I'd say keep an eye on the usual job sites; indeed, Irish jobs etc. I have seen a few jobs crop up there where they say they'll take someone currently studying ATI so you could get lucky there.

Focusing on the exam questions is definitely the way to go. But also don't forget the theory questions in FA and Tax as there's actually not much to learn for them and they're an easy part of the paper to pick up marks in, especially in Tax. If you do all theory questions from the previous papers for Tax, you'll find the same things keep coming up.

Yeah I was told that second year wasn't as full on and that it would be much easier but I have to say I still think it's difficult and there's a lot in the four modules.

I am working in accounts at the moment. I'd say keep an eye on the usual job sites; indeed, Irish jobs etc. I have seen a few jobs crop up there where they say they'll take someone currently studying ATI so you could get lucky there.

Yes I will definitely do the Tax & FA theory because it’s easy marks if I can rattle it off.

Thank you very much. I’ll be keeping a close eye on them.

Advertisement