Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Zealand

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Maybe move the discussion to the politics thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Maybe move the discussion to the politics thread?

Good point.

Though I do think the general name topic is relevant in a thread in the aftermath. But I'll say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I'm done with it anyways, I've said my bit. The other guy doesn't want to talk about good crusaders or even people from crusades who weren't considered evil like Richard the Lionheart.
    It's this stupid social media stuff coming to the fore once again where they come up with some ott idea which seems fair and rational to less intelligent people. Well that's my opinion anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'm done with it anyways, I've said my bit. The other guy doesn't want to talk about good crusaders or even people from crusades who weren't considered evil like Richard the Lionheart.
    It's this stupid social media stuff coming to the fore once again where they come up with some ott idea which seems fair and rational to less intelligent people. Well that's my opinion anyways.

I'm sorry but I can't let it slide if you're going to insult my intelligence.

Richard as a great king was a Victorian invention. He was detested by his people as an absent king who bled them dry to fund his own personal glory and his ransom when he got captured by the Germans. He was a great general but was also a massive arsehole. He ordered mass executions of prisoners as well don't forget. Which was a huge no no even in medieval Europe. Except towards Muslims, then it was okay.

I'm not saying the crusades or crusaders were evil. But they were generally awful events in human history and the motivations of their leaders were always temporal. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

It has nothing to do with social media. I always thought it was a really weird name.

Advertisement