Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watch Plans for 2019

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Any thoughts on the Seiko SSA231K1? Hoping to pick one up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any thoughts on the Seiko SSA231K1? Hoping to pick one up soon
    Nice watch. Is the dial enamel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

SeaFields wrote: »
    I got a Seiko presage cocktail last year. It's a stunning watch in my eyes. I want to get something on steel and came across the seiko perpetual calendar recently. That's my aim for 2019 me thinks or something similar.

That kinetic perpetual calendar is good value on creation watches now.

https://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-mens-208/seiko-premier-kinetic-perpetual-calendar-snp143-snp143p1-snp143p-mens-watch-11090.html

https://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-mens-208/seiko-premier-kinetic-perpetual-calendar-snp141-snp141p1-snp141p-mens-watch-11089.html

Few other variants too. Very nice watch for under 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Plan is to get a Rolex 126710BLRO, although the GMT Pepsi has always been my dream watch since I was a kid, and I've planned for it since the new one was launched at baselworld, its still a hard sell to myself. If I had a son I would convince myself I was holding on to it for him, girls wear men's watches right? That will seal the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Rolex SM/SD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I really quite fancy this strap for my Steinhart Ocean One 39:

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/accessoires/bracelet/stahlband-20x16-mm-fuenfreihig-fuer-ocean-39-inkl-bandanstoesse.html

Quite pricey, but does look lovely. My current metal strap has held up well for it's first 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's a two figure price, go for it!

You save that per week with your depreciation free car alone :)

I've developed a massive horn for a Seiko SBBN037 MarineMaster Professional 300 "Blue Tuna". Quartz and all :o:p

1dd3fbcee449690fe9b817a6388338a4.jpg

North of USD1000 plus shipping from the far east brand new - that seems full Japanese retail price of 120k Yen and I would not want to be hit for VAT on top of that. If anyone spots one second hand, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

That is a horny watch alright

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

unkel wrote: »
    I've developed a massive horn for a Seiko SBBN037 MarineMaster Professional 300 "Blue Tuna". Quartz and all :o:p

1dd3fbcee449690fe9b817a6388338a4.jpg

North of USD1000 plus shipping from the far east brand new - that seems full Japanese retail price of 120k Yen and I would not want to be hit for VAT on top of that. If anyone spots one second hand, let me know!

If you buy in Japan when visiting you get 8% tax back. If you know someone going to the rugby world cup they could get you one from the Wako store in Ginza Tokyo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Im at an absolute loss on what to get next. I have an Aquaracer, Seamaster, and Datejust. I’ve small enough wrists so anything over 40 is generally out.

I really like A Lange & Sohne so an 1815 might be an option, but 18k would get me two or three rolexes

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Time wrote: »
    Im at an absolute loss on what to get next. I have an Aquaracer, Seamaster, and Datejust. I’ve small enough wrists so anything over 40 is generally out.

I really like A Lange & Sohne so an 1815 might be an option, but 18k would get me two or three rolexes

Look into Glashütte Original :cool:

oxocube wrote: »
    Look into Glashütte Original :cool:

Excellent suggestion, i just had a look at the Glashütte website, some very nice pieces on there. I particularly like the senator in RG, i never realised that they were all in house either which i prefer to Sellita, ETA etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Time wrote: »
    Excellent suggestion, i just had a look at the Glashütte website, some very nice pieces on there. I particularly like the senator in RG, i never realised that they were all in house either which i prefer to Sellita, ETA etc..

The used price on these is very soft compared to A Lange & Sohne. I've never seen one of these in person so a trip to London to check them out might be in order :)

oxocube wrote: »
    The used price on these is very soft compared to A Lange & Sohne. I've never seen one of these in person so a trip to London to check them out might be in order :)

I'm in London next week anyway so i'll pop into Harrods in T2 and see how they are on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭893bet

Been eyeing this watch for a while.

Opinions anyone?

https://www.adverts.ie/14008633

Need to get on the wrist to see.

Are you watchthisspace?

If not then it looks like they got there before you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭893bet

unkel wrote: »
    Are you watchthisspace?

If not then it looks like they got there before you :(

I am monitoring in the back ground....in PM contact. If it sells it sorts my decision easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 johnphillips

I had been interested in picking up an automatic watch with a white face - I really like the explorer ii but it's outside my price range at the moment. I quite like the look of the Steinhart Ocean 2.
    Someone suggested Botta on another topic and I'm quite impressed by their look. More research required!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

54437020_2048098898622699_1501868570701725696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=ccd26467f6c524408d665b5604625fe0&oe=5D24E8B7

Folks, I'm in love with that. Do any of you fine folk know the Seiko model number and whether it's on a stock or aftermarket strap?

• Advertisement

funkyouup wrote: »

Thanks funk. It's amazing the difference a good photo makes. Looking on the Creation site I wouldn't think twice about it but with the photo from my post it really pops. I think it'll be bought some time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

They look even better in the flesh.

funkyouup wrote: »
    They look even better in the flesh.

I've never seen one so that's good to hear. The chap who took the picture above has come back to tell me the brand of strap so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I wasnt bothered with them until i saw one in a window a while back, the dial looks great when it hits the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭Homer

It’s also known as the cocktail time. A quick google will show you the various options, especially on the dial. I had the lighter blue variation and still regret flipping it to this day (amongst others I know I know :D)
    Fantastic value and beautiful watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ordered Thursday

2ry39eh.jpg

Marine klassik 40mm Roman numeral dial with date and top eta movement.. got to stop buying watches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭OldRio

Hi, I've been looking to buy a cheap field watch for a while.
    Eventually, after months of saving purchased a Casio Forester on a green strap. 30 odd euro. Ordered from the States should be here the end of the month.
    😁

Advertisement