Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainbow Six Siege

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not too gone on the new ops, gridlock is soooo slow and her animation makes her feel even slower. She seems like a zero speed operator not a 1 speed and her gadget for an attacker is very counter intuitive I find. Will have to give her another few hrs of play. Have not spent to much time on the other ginger dude mozzy or whatever he is called but it took me about 20 mins to capture a drone and when it was caught one of my team mates just ended up shooting it....lol!

Like the new map all the same, with its Irish theme.

Team killing is still far to much of a problem it really is......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not too gone on the new ops, gridlock is soooo slow and her animation makes her feel even slower. She seems like a zero speed operator not a 1 speed and her gadget for an attacker is very counter intuitive I find. Will have to give her another few hrs of play. Have not spent to much time on the other ginger dude mozzy or whatever he is called but it took me about 20 mins to capture a drone and when it was caught one of my team mates just ended up shooting it....lol!

Like the new map all the same, with its Irish theme.

The attacker isn't great, but her device can be very useful if you capture a site or want to prevent rotation between sites.. For instance the new Hereford base, ground level breech the wooden door at the back and place her device down, slows rotation between the two sites significantly.

Mozzie is great, 3 speed, 2 excellent primary weapons, a shotgun secondary for making rotations. His device isn't perfect, but when it works, captured drones can be very useful for area control style defence and roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

I'm back playing a bit to give myself a little breather from overwatch. 3 ranked games in and the winner of each game was the team that killed each other the least. It puts ow problems in perspective! It's not quite as bad on the noob server

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I have 2 accounts.

1. I'm lvl 205. Have everything unlocked

2. I'm lvl 60ish. Only have half unlocked.

Why am I consistently higher ranked on the 2nd account??? Not only higher ranked but I play better too!!

It's mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I have 2 accounts.

Why am I consistently higher ranked on the 2nd account??? Not only higher ranked but I play better too!!

It's mad.

cos you know the maps better, play better than when you started so your mmr form learning the game originally wont hurt you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have 2 accounts.

It's mad.

Cause you are a smurf lol

Cause you are a smurf lol

It shouldnt matter once you finish your placements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It shouldnt matter once you finish your placements

it matters due to mmr. It's a secret rating that stays with you from all your games, so the ones where you werent good at the start weigh against you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

showdown is up for two weeks in case anyone wants to try it out, very fun quick matches

Oh yeah, real fun..........unless you're not able to get a headshot with the bosg from half the map away and then you team kicks you

• Advertisement

not really most of my matches we snuck into objective and rekt the other team with pistols

good way to build up renown too as the matches are so quick

fergus1001 wrote:
    rekt

me trying to feel young and relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

fergus1001 wrote: »
    me trying to feel young and relevant

Do you even rekt bro? :D
    ....I have no idea what I just said....

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Oh yeah, real fun..........unless you're not able to get a headshot with the bosg from half the map away and then you team kicks you

Good to know it didn't just happen to me. I got kicked because I couldn't clutch a 1v3 on the 4th round. Sterling people..

The new game mode is a great way to cheese a few alpha packs more quickly.. depending on your luck levels. But even with bad luck it's faster due to how short it is.

The matches are so short that if you lose a match, you get that little extra percentage towards a box, and if you do win, you get a roll.

I'd say on a good day, if you are winning every match, you could be getting 3 rolls in the time you'd take to complete even a casual match, if it went 3 - 2 and people were playing slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Free weekend, so seal clubbing :(:D

Had a terrible start to the ranking this season. Lost the first 3. Got it back to 3w 4l on Thursday. Finish tonight with 2 w 1l and the lost was due to having 3 tm leave the match in the 3rd round ffs!!!
    Thankfully my rank last season carried over to some degree and I ranked gold 3. Happy considering. Now to lose 10 matches in a row(happens ever season) and spend the rest of the season trying to get out of elo hell!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lot of blue screen crashes happening on PS4 since the last patch, hope they sort that quickly

maximoose wrote: »
    Lot of blue screen crashes happening on PS4 since the last patch, hope they sort that quickly

Pain in the hoop......3 times in 15 matches so far for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Crashed out of 4 games in a row lastnight, very annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Happened to me three or four times over the weekend also.

Read somewhere that Siege has hit 50M players though. That is incredible. Might need Operation Health Pt. II to cope with the huge growth of the game.

Theres just something about Siege. Never gets boring. A winning formula

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Happened to me three or four times over the weekend also.

Read somewhere that Siege has hit 50M players though. That is incredible. Might need Operation Health Pt. II to cope with the huge growth of the game.

Theres just something about Siege. Never gets boring. A winning formula

you'd have to wonder how they count that though? 50M unique logins since launch maybe? I find it hard to imagine that there is an actual active playerbase of 50M. I haven't played in a few months, are they still counting me for example?

you'd have to wonder how they count that though? 50M unique logins since launch maybe? I find it hard to imagine that there is an actual active playerbase of 50M. I haven't played in a few months, are they still counting me for example?

Yeah, I'd say 50M unique players since the game is out. Whatever way you look at it, it's been a huge success.

It's always in the top 5 most played games on xbox according to true achievements

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It's always in the top 5 most played games on xbox according to true achievements

Does well on Steam also. Huzzah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

RB6 was (arguably still is) an amazing game. I played it from Beta and from launch. Must have close to 700 hours played. Played ranked heavily in season 1 2 and 3 with the same 5 man team, many of the players are well over 1300 hours played. Then things started to change with the game. It became too competitive and the dreaded mouse and keyboard entered the console scene.

Late season 3, kill cams and some kills were just becoming far to accurate and fast for a controller. So much so that when I asked certain teams that beat use 4-1 or 4-2, many of the players confirmed they were using keyboard and mouse on the xbox via an adapter. This for us was to much and completely took away from a great game. We had so many great games over the years, those 5-4 wins in overtime. No game gets the heart pumping like RB6.

We still jump on every now and then but its just not the same game it was in the first 2.5 years.

That and the fact that we are all getting older and our reflexes are not what they use to be.... but I don't like to admit that :p

Ita still an amazing game. Im always solo queuing though, and thats where the frustration lies for me. Went from Gold to Bronze over the last few days. Team killing, people who obviously do not have headsets, people abandoning the game after 1 bad round. Etc.
    Can be a real uphill struggle.

I would like to play in a decent, coordinated, mic'd up team with some strategy some day.

J Mysterio wrote: »

I would like to play in a decent, coordinated, mic'd up team with some strategy some day.

I don't know if you are on PC or console (PC myself), but there are large popular Rainbow 6 discord servers, where you can choose a room to meet and queue with strangers, with the rooms broken down by region and by ranked / unranked options.

I have friends I play with, but those types of servers are a great way to meet and play with new people who are all using headsets.

I don't have a clue if discord is an option on console.. probably not but possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ZiabR wrote: »

That and the fact that we are all getting older and our reflexes are not what they use to be.... but I don't like to admit that :p

I can relate to this too much :(

I've also found that I just dont have the time to lean the new maps and sightlines, its a full time job keeping on top of all the little pixel peeks and wallbang spots.
    I still watch a fair bit of youtube videos on it, particularly russianbadger, its a great game to spectate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

ZiabR wrote: »
    RB6 was (arguably still is) an amazing game. I played it from Beta and from launch. Must have close to 700 hours played. Played ranked heavily in season 1 2 and 3 with the same 5 man team, many of the players are well over 1300 hours played. Then things started to change with the game. It became too competitive and the dreaded mouse and keyboard entered the console scene.

Late season 3, kill cams and some kills were just becoming far to accurate and fast for a controller. So much so that when I asked certain teams that beat use 4-1 or 4-2, many of the players confirmed they were using keyboard and mouse on the xbox via an adapter. This for us was to much and completely took away from a great game. We had so many great games over the years, those 5-4 wins in overtime. No game gets the heart pumping like RB6.

We still jump on every now and then but its just not the same game it was in the first 2.5 years.

Yup the Xim users ruin the game as far as I'm concerned, especially on ranked. I want to win games sure, but I'm not so desperate that I'm willing to cheat to do so. I don't see the point in hollow victories.
    Learning all the best spots on the new maps has become a chore too. I preferred the game when it was a lot more simple and pretty much very op had a counter.

I'm enjoying Apex Legends a lot more than Siege these days. It has Xim cheaters too but at least you don't usually get instakilled. If only it had 4-5 player squads.

Advertisement