Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The network is five years old tomorrow. It doesn't feel like five years since I sat at my PC trying to sign up from parts unknown and still have the same account now and have never cancelled it. The current day product leaves a lot to desired but the archive alone means the price some of us are getting it for is insane. You'd never get anywhere close to the amount of archive for the price paid outside of the network.

Yeah I still keep it mainly for the archive and the big PPVs. And NXT/Takeovers. $9.99!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya i signed up day 1 of the US release of the network too, never broke my sub. I could go a few months without watching, but it's one sub I just keep paying regardless - it's a treasure trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

did anyone watch the Matt Riddle Arrival special on the Network? I definitely think he could be a big star pretty soon. Great look, obvious athletic ability, legit MMA background, lots of charisma. not sure if the "Bro" character is gonna last, but he has most of the tools to be a big success

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Chronicle- Roman Reigns premieres after Raw

'Go behind the scenes with Reigns for his emotional return too Raw following his leukaemia battle'

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Chronicle- Roman Reigns premieres after Raw

'Go behind the scenes with Reigns for his emotional return too Raw following his leukaemia battle'

WWE waste noo time in getting this too the Network. We've had an Ambrose one before and now Reigns. Will we see a Rollins one at some stage tooo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WWE waste noo time in getting this too the Network. We've had an Ambrose one before and now Reigns. Will we see a Rollins one at some stage tooo?

We already did if you count the Rebuild, Redesign one....

Loughc wrote: »
    We already did if you count the Rebuild, Redesign one....

Ooh ya of course. Forgot about that one

• Registered Users Posts: 39,421 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's 15 years today(14th March, 2004) since wrestlemania XX happened at MSG. I remember staying up for this life and at the time I felt it was a good mania. Now obviously some events in the years since have taken the shine off the main event which for years has been the joke of triple h lost the title to no one that night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's 15 years today(14th March, 2004) since wrestlemania XX happened at MSG. I remember staying up for this life and at the time I felt it was a good mania. Now obviously some events in the years since have taken the shine off the main event which for years has been the joke of triple h lost the title to no one that night.

I remember my neighbour recorded it for me but i had to wait till the Wed(that was our half day) to watch it. Still one of my favourite WM's after X7 , enjoyed most of the matches and the return of Taker

Wont be renewing my network subscription after this month , not even excited for WM tbh and the fact im broke i dont feel its worth the money atm (apart from NXT and the documentaries)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Happy Mania week

Just wondering, how does the network work back in ireland? Here in Canada, you can only get it through tv provider and the content is useless. I’d be using it through Apple TV, phone at home. Is there a decent selection? Can you order indepently of tv subscription?

Thanks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Happy Mania week

Just wondering, how does the network work back in ireland? Here in Canada, you can only get it through tv provider and the content is useless. I’d be using it through Apple TV, phone at home. Is there a decent selection? Can you order indepently of tv subscription?

Thanks

I just logon to WWE and through their network page option I can subscribe there.

Then I watch the app through my PS4 for handiness on the big screen. It's handy but the menu is a PITA for scrolling through on the app tbh. Especially if you're on a sequential run of old Raws or something and try to go back to them at a later date.

As far as I know that's the only way to do it in Ireland, it's totally separate from any pay TV channels.

Edit: Oh, and yeah all the content, the entire back catalogue is available for selection here. Yours sounds fairly basic in comparison tbh.

I cancelled my subscription there a week or two ago sadly , but i think it ends just after WM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I always get the network in for the rumble and cancel just before mania, have all the ppv's i like and tributes, on dvd, or vhs, (thats video cassettes for the young people), dont really watch the network at all to be honest

any specials for mania ???

Catching up on NXT just in time for Mania weekend

Tbh watch all the ppvs/NXT and the docs/network specials so I get the use out of the network and its decent value when u consider the cost of 1 PPV on Sky box office

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's €12.99 for us compared to ~€20 for each ppv, think of the difference in value for the Yanks who were paying $60 for each ppv and now paying $9.99

I don't have it every month but when I do I'd often find myself watching random stuff that I'd never have bought the DVD for 5/10 years ago

Same as Netflix we don't appreciate fully how good we have it compared to what we had before

It's €12.99 for us compared to ~€20 for each ppv, think of the difference in value for the Yanks who were paying $60 for each ppv and now paying $9.99

I don't have it every month but when I do I'd often find myself watching random stuff that I'd never have bought the DVD for 5/10 years ago

Same as Netflix we don't appreciate fully how good we have it compared to what we had before

I know I keep saying this but I’m still paying $9.99 it’s still great value for the sheer vastness of the archive even if I don’t watch it as much as I’d like to for various reasons. I will watch all of Mania live though (unless I fall asleep which is possible).

Roman Reigns Chronicle Part 2 is now on the network

WWE worlds colide airs tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really enjoyed going through Hardy Boyz collection playlist today. I discovered a good few hidden gems in it such as their match with WGTT at ONS '07.

The shield last stand special airs at 2.30am

Run of the mill stuff I imagine with I guess the shield coming out victorious in there match for 'the last time'

Up against Game of Thrones (but seen now it's got leaked)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1126941267617898498?s=19

The backstory of this is someone got hold of the tape & it along with a Q&A with Bret, Magee are at Starrcast 2. I can't imagine how quick this must have been thrown together by Vince

This strikes me as one of those matches that takes on a life and a mythology of its own mainly because nobody had the tape. I’m sure it’s fine maybe it was great for its time, but I doubt it was something groundbreaking. The Last Battle of Atlanta was the same for me. I’m sure in Georgia at the time it was the biggest of big deals to wrestling fans but in this era it was underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

There's a Ted Dibiase vs Tom Magee match on the network, it's nothing special really, dark match with no commentary. Magee does pull out a few moves that you wouldn't see any of the big men in the late 80's even trying to attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The following devices will have the WWE Network App pulled as of May 21st:

* Amazon Fire Tablets
    * Apple TV (3rd Generation and earlier models)
    * LG (2016 and earlier models)
    * PlayStation 3
    * Samsung (2016 and earlier models)
    * Samsung and Sony Blu-Ray Players
    * Sony (non-android TVs)
    * Windows 10 Desktop
    * Xbox 360

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/the-wwe-network-app-to-be-pulled-from-xbox-360-playstation-3-more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Anyone watch the Magee/Hart match? Was hoping they would upload the match separately but don't think they did, so skipped the documentary part. The match is ok, Hart carries him the whole way through. Magee definitely had the look and athleticism to fit into WWE in 1986 though, and probably be a success considering the quality of the in-ring product at the time.

Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Was it where somebody passing by on the street recognised her and shouted out to her? I thought that might have been Rathmines at the time of watching but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Watching the Becky doc

Rathmines, you can see the old townhouse clocktower in the background (where Rathmines College is now).

Dont think I was in rathmines

The restaurant she held her party must of been in drumcondra as the skylon hotel was seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, it had a thanks at the end for Restaurant 104, which google says is in Drumcondra.

Advertisement