Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Know More About Your Elves - #2 Toots

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Toots wrote: »
    I've lost count of the amount of office Christmas parties I've been at that have ended up with us all being grouped on to the roof while a group of international terrorists attempt to steal the millions of dollars worth of bearer bonds stored in the vaults below.
    Sure isn't it always the way. :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Favourite season?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Loughc wrote: »
    Favourite season?

Autumn. The bit where it’s still early enough that you’d get away with a light jacket, but the leaves have changed and the mornings are lovely and crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hi again :) thanks for the great answers Toots.

How did you learn such skilled crochetwork?
    Do you or have you ever wanted to play a musical instrument?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Hi again :) thanks for the great answers Toots.

How did you learn such skilled crochetwork?
    Do you or have you ever wanted to play a musical instrument?

I learned to crochet by watching YouTube videos, I watched one for beginners just to get the basics and went from there. I was very unwell for a long time a couple of years ago, and during that time I crocheted loads of stuff, so I got lots of practice in! I think with crochet, once you master the few basic stitches, you can pretty much do anything.

I play the clarinet, took it up when I was 14 and did it through leaving cert. I haven't actually played it for years because it's too loud to play in my apartment, but I really miss it. I can also play recorder and tin whistle but I don't enjoy them as much as the clarinet. I've always wanted to play the guitar, but my tiny hands make it difficult :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If you could only watch one tv show what would it be?

kitten_k wrote: »
    If you could only watch one tv show what would it be?

Top Gear, but not the new ones with Chris Evans

Oh I love Top Gear! :D

My questions are:
    Have you watched The Grand Tour?
    And if so, what did you think of it?

Also, to keep the TV theme:
    What is the last programme you binge watched?

Posy wrote: »
    Oh I love Top Gear! :D

My questions are:
    Have you watched The Grand Tour?
    And if so, what did you think of it?

Also, to keep the TV theme:
    What is the last programme you binge watched?

Indeed I have watched the Grand Tour, I really like it! I was a tad nervous to watch it at first, in case it was awful, but I like the set up they have, and it's very cool that the new "stig" is a woman!

Last show I binge watched was Benidorm on Netflix. I've just finished it and now I'm at a bit of a loose end and don't know what to watch next!

I've just finished it and now I'm at a bit of a loose end and don't know what to watch next!
    I'm also between shows. I feel like I have a void in my life right now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm also between shows. I feel like I have a void in my life right now. :pac:

Me three!! :(

Favorite Pancake topping for the day that's in it?

Loughc wrote: »
    Favorite Pancake topping for the day that's in it?

I've 2 favourites - banana with nutella or else lemon, sugar, raspberry jam and whipped cream. Both clearly the healthy options!

I've 2 favourites - banana with nutella or else lemon, sugar, raspberry jam and whipped cream. Both clearly the healthy options!

We would get on well, excellent toppings choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Most famous (relative I know) person you have met?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Are you an Afternoon Tea person? And whats the best afternoon tea you've had?

TRS30 wrote: »
    Most famous (relative I know) person you have met?

Well Brent Pope knocked me into a freezer in Tesco when I was heavily pregnant with my eldest, does that count? :pac: He was very apologetic about it.
    CheerLouth wrote: »
    Are you an Afternoon Tea person? And whats the best afternoon tea you've had?

I haven’t done afternoon tea in ages, but the best one I ever had was in the Killarney Park Hotel, it was epic! Also my grandma always did a savage afternoon tea, used to bring it in on a trolley and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Well Brent Pope knocked me into a freezer in Tesco when I was heavily pregnant with my eldest, does that count? :pac: He was very apologetic about it.

I've heard of him so defo counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Whats your favourite type of cake?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

What is your favourite piece of clothing that you own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Do you enjoy cooking Toots?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One song that you would play on repeat ?
    And one that you would gladly never hear again ?!

DvB wrote: »
    Whats your favourite type of cake?

Do I have to choose just one??? I’d have to go with good old oxford lunch, hard to beat with a nice cuppa.
    kitten_k wrote: »
    What is your favourite piece of clothing that you own?
    My wedding dress, but I don’t go around wearing that every day. :D My favourite everyday item is a navy hoodie with teeny flowers on it, it’s super soft!
    Deja Boo wrote: »
    Do you enjoy cooking Toots?

I do enjoy cooking. I’m somewhat hampered by the fact that the kitchen in my apartment is stupidly small, like there’s room for a chopping board on the counter and feck all else. I can’t wait til I get a house with a lovely big kitchen and I can cook up a storm without tripping over the dishwasher!
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    One song that you would play on repeat ?
    And one that you would gladly never hear again ?!

Higher Love by Steve Winwood - I love that song and would listen to it all day long!

I never ever want to hear f*cking Baby Shark again. There’s a special place in hell reserved for the creator of that abomination. I’ve only actually heard it a couple of times (and even that was too much) and I’m lucky in that my son hates it and my daughter is too small to know what it is. I was waiting for an MRI recently and someone had their kid in the waiting room, they gave the kid their phone and stuck Baby Shark on repeat. It was like I’d died and gone to hell :pac::mad:

Well Brent Pope knocked me into a freezer in Tesco when I was heavily pregnant with my eldest, does that count? :pac: He was very apologetic!

Best celebrity story ever!

Thanks for another great thread and for stepping in at short notice Toots! :)

My pleasure! It was great fun!

Advertisement