Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unwanted calls from trading platforms third party

Options
  • 22-02-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,
    First of all I don’t know if this post in the right place. If no please forgive me.

While ago I was curious about trading platforms and as you do visit their web page see their demo etc. Now they have my mobile number and email.
    Which is ok but I am getting calls regularly from various European countries and they want to explain and all sort of crap which I’m not interested.
    When I tell them would you please delete my info I no longer require your service they reply no we can not do it bla bla bla.
    Now I have no idea which platforms I registered so I won’t be able to track.
    Is there anyone having similar issues or knowing how to tackle the problem.
    I have attached a file you can see these are some of many different numbers. If you block one they call you from other. And they don’t take no for an answer. Weird people....

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've never had any interest in trading and get this stuff too - the phone calls stopped after I reported the few Irish and UK ones to the DPC/ICO (my German isn't good enough to work through reporting the Austrian numbers they often use); but they've started SMSing me recently with faked origin data.

They have my mobile number and full name; never managed to make them reveal any further info and as soon as GDPR is mentioned they hang up.

ICO in the UK will look in to the 020 3xxx xxxx numbers at least. All VOIP providers but if enough VOIP providers blacklist their payment methods it hampers them. The Irish ones will be 076.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ICO for UK numbers but you'd need a little more info on the calls for them to go on. I was reporting direct marketing to them recently and its a lot of hassle. They'll be very helpful but form filling then copies of emails received, and next i'm not sure what. In the meantime my spam has stopped so not sure if going forward with it would even be worth it. I may be wasting their time and mine.

If it were me i'd get a new number (same network), text everyone I had in my contacts list who I wanted to have that new number with its details. Move over my contacts (backup to google or whatever mechanism you wish). Then kill the old number. Won't cost you next to nothing and it will be immediate. Otherwise it may be protracted and involve considerable effort from you.

It sucks, but c'est la vie.

Advertisement