Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PME Hibernia Interview

• 05-06-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there has anyone completed an interview recently for the above course. I’m looking for some help with the Irish and English interview. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Mims.xo wrote: »
    Hi there has anyone completed an interview recently for the above course. I’m looking for some help with the Irish and English interview. Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I had my interview very recently. I feel it went well (I hope). Two ladies were on the panel, one interviewed in Irish, the other in English. They could not have been nicer and were very encouraging. They greet you in Irish so be prepared to say a cupla focal when being brought into the room etc!

They then ask you if you would like the Irish or the English part first. I chose Irish to get it out of the way. The ten minutes flew by but was an easy going enough interview while at the same time
    intense enough, I faltered at times for certain, she was good at bringing me along. I had read that you don’t get a chance to reel off long spiels but she would have let me talk and talk. I messed up on grammar at times but she quietly corrected me, she was really very nice! They are looking I think for your ability to converse naturally and to understand them.

The English interview was quite like most interviews I’ve had for previous jobs actually. Why I want to be a teacher, my qualities, personality traits. Do I think Irish has a place in schools etc name five things about myself. How would I deal with a conflict on the staff and also with a pushy parent etc How will I juggle family life and the course. I was also asked to speak about any topic of my choosing for one minute which was fun!

Any questions feel free to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mims.xo

Hey digs, thanks for the reply. Do you remember any of the questions they asked in the Irish interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 justcallmemary

Hi Digs, did you get a modh coinniollach question and if yes what was it and how did you answer?? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deiseliving

Offering Irish grinds to prepare for PME interview for Mary I/ St. Pat's/ Hibernia.
    Situated in Waterford but in Dublin twice a month.
    PM for details

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smcar09

Hi,

How did you interview go ? I have mine next week and I would love to know your feedback.

TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Olivia Pope

Anymore tips from anyone? Waiting to be called for interview. Anyone else waiting to be called. Sent my application in Thursday last week (so 8 days ago). Got an email saying my application was in order and to await a call. Anyone else apply last week and hear from them. Starting to get antsy.

Advertisement