Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does anyone know what type / class of cable this is, and where to get it?

• 28-01-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

So I've just bought a pair of Behringer Studio 50USB monitor speakers from a shop on eBay. Unfortunately in my idiocy, I didn't translate the entire description from German and have only discovered upon opening the box that the connector cable to join the two speakers together is missing from the item.

It doesn't look like any cable I've seen before so I have a horrible feeling it's some proprietary Behringer thing, which would be incredible irritating as they don't list it to purchase separately on their site and it seems quite difficult to get small Behringer accessories like this, but the speakers are good quality (at least the one I've been able to use out of the pair!) so I'd rather not give up on them without trying to source a cable.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

11293252_800.jpg

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Contact the eBay seller and explain the situation. They may have a solution (or even a cable they can send you).
    Make sure the cable is not taped to the side of the foam inside the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Looking at images of the speakers and also based on the description it looks like this is the link cable to drive woofer and tweeter in the left speaker.
    All the amplifiers will be in the right speaker and as they are bi-amped speakers there will be separate amplifiers for the woofer and tweeter.
    The cable is a 4-wire cable so there will be 2 wires for woofer signal and 2 for the tweeter. The connector looks similar to the power connector on an IDE hard drive so you might be able to make yourself a cable if you are handy with electronics.

Advertisement