Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

panic button

Options
  • 18-12-2018 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows is there is anything like a blue tooth panic button you can get that worked with a smart phone. Ideally something like a pendant or watch that they could push and it would contact someone , could even have the GPS information in an app. I know it's a long shot and but I just thought it might be interim solution as they have good mobility and are never without the phone....however they may not be able to reach it after a fall or something. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

pablo3090 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just wondering if anyone knows is there is anything like a blue tooth panic button you can get that worked with a smart phone. Ideally something like a pendant or watch that they could push and it would contact someone , could even have the GPS information in an app. I know it's a long shot and but I just thought it might be interim solution as they have good mobility and are never without the phone....however they may not be able to reach it after a fall or something. Thanks

Would they consider a smart watch , I know some of them have similar features you are looking for.
    If it’s an iPhone I am nearly sure the Apple Watch has an SOS feature on if.
    They can be expensive but lots iof second hand options about for both android and apple

Just found this on line

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT206983

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pablo3090

thanks Harr and i think this might be ideal.
    she is a very independent person and i was concerned that she may take offence to the suggestion of the normal pendant option .....but this that could be the ideal solution without her feeling shes getting old

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

pablo3090 wrote: »
    thanks Harr and i think this might be ideal.
    she is a very independent person and i was concerned that she may take offence to the suggestion of the normal pendant option .....but this that could be the ideal solution without her feeling shes getting old

Thanks

No problem , I think the Apple Watch has an application where if a person is motionless for a set period the watch will alert a set contact.

Advertisement