Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro players from Ireland

• 09-11-2017 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭

About how many irish pro rugby league players?
    Just got wondering when i saw on facebook that Peter Ryan, irish student international, has joined Coventry Bears
    http://www.coventrybears.com/blog/bears-sign-peter-ryan

Anyway to find out exactly how many are pro? Considering world cup squad didnt have a full squad of pros. Doubt its that many

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well if by Irish we mean Irish-born there can't be too many at the moment. I know Ireland captain Liam Finn who plays for Wakefield, and who was born in England, has a father from Wexford.

That's good news to hear about Peter Ryan.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yeah, it's an interesting question. Single figures at a guess, if any. Dunno how you'd find out either.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

Any news on Ronan Michael and Peter Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Any news on Ronan Michael and Peter Ryan?

Peter Ryan is one of of the few players confirmed for the 2019 season on the Coventry Bears website.

No real news on Ronan Michael yet, all quiet on Super League front generally though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I guess the most famous one was Brian Carney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭RockBoysarewii

That’s great for Ryan.

What about the Dublin Blues?

Advertisement