Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Tattoos?

• 17-08-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Whats The Story With Tattoos In The Irish Army? Whats Acceptible Whats Not?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Whats The Story With Tattoos In The Irish Army? Whats Acceptible Whats Not?:confused:
    DFR used to be that you could not alter your apppearance where it can be seen - ie your hands, face, anything visible while dressed. I'd imagine that its still the same.

*** MODS - don't really know if this is appropiate, please delete if not, Atattooed in Bray main st offer 15% discount to PDF/Reserve on production of I.D. Badger, the artist is from an army family! They do quality work , so much so that american service men on holidays regularly visit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

The DFR's on dress are being amended at the moment. Tattoos are definately not permitted on hands, face and neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

According to the new A9 document, any tattoo's below the wrist or above the neck are forbidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

How about a try colour flag on the left shoulder?or would that be considered an IRA trademark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

.22 Lover wrote: »
    How about a try colour flag on the left shoulder?or would that be considered an IRA trademark?

In uniform it wouldn't be seen so you would be ok. Since when has a tricolour been anyone's trademark?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

.22 Lover wrote: »

Theres already one on the left shoulder of your uniform!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Never saw the appeal of the things myself. Then again, I also have very long hair for a soldier, and hate lifting weights. I must be some sort of rebel.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

Never saw the appeal of the things myself. Then again, I also have very long hair for a soldier, and hate lifting weights. I must be some sort of rebel.

NTM

Nope....your an O :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Coco666

NTM

Hey do you know having a tattoo on my forearm would get me rejected from the cadets? You can't see it when I wear a shirt/jacket but I know that officers where the sleeves rolled up on the number 2 everyday uniform. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Coco666 wrote: »
    Hey do you know having a tattoo on my forearm would get me rejected from the cadets? You can't see it when I wear a shirt/jacket but I know that officers where the sleeves rolled up on the number 2 everyday uniform. Thanks

No it won't. My advice would be to keep it covered during all stages of application as it will only be noted during a medical exam.

Visible tattoos (forearm, neck etc) are not common amongst officers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement