Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VU DUO2

• 02-07-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone bought this type of box yet? Is it faster than VU ULTIMO? JUst want find out if is worth the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

saniry wrote: »
    Does anyone bought this type of box yet? Is it faster than VU ULTIMO? JUst want find out if is worth the money.

Only just went on sale in Germany today. Getting One from UK myself when stock arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trevorpb

i got the vu+ solo 2 from here http://www.eurovux.com/
    im very pleased with it i can imagine the duo 2 would be very good,
    i cant compare it to ultimo as i never had one

@trevorpb. Only ever made One post and it is to mention eurovux. Then they appear shortly after thanking you lol. Hmmmmmmmm bit odd

Anyway while we are mentioning retailers I purchased my original vu duo years back from hm-Sat.De and found their service to be excellent although takes about 5 days fort delivery. Ultimo, solo 2 and all other purchases I got from world-of-satellite.co.UK and found them to be excellent, 2 days delivery and excellent follow on customer service.
    Really looking forward to the duo 2 as looks a beast of a box!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭banie01

irishchris wrote: »
    @trevorpb. Only ever made One post and it is to mention eurovux. Then they appear shortly after thanking you lol. Hmmmmmmmm bit odd

Anyway while we are mentioning retailers I purchased my original vu duo years back from hm-Sat.De and found their service to be excellent although takes about 5 days fort delivery. Ultimo, solo 2 and all other purchases I got from world-of-satellite.co.UK and found them to be excellent, 2 days delivery and excellent follow on customer service.
    Really looking forward to the duo 2 as looks a beast of a box!

Whats even odder is that the OP has only ever made 5 posts and 3 of them mention the same company ;)
    Or maybe I'm just too cynical and tis all coincidence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭swoofer

for the price of it it better come with the epl included.

• Advertisement

Have one on way now should be here later in week. Will report back on how good/bad it is :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have one coming monday with extra satellite tuner.
    I cannot stop tracking it online:-)

I have my other duo since it was released so time for a upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Lads just wondering how this compares to the Gigablue Quad.
    Am tempted with Duo2 but at €600 with 2 twin S2 tuners its a lot of money...
    The gigablue is €350 odd with the same config.

Id like the transcoding but in reality I only use streaming at home on wifi so not a biggie.

Is the extra €250 well spent...

dfdream wrote: »

Id like the transcoding but in reality I only use streaming at home on wifi so not a biggie.

Will let you know Wednesday when I get it. But sounds like you are already shorted with a 4 tuner s2 quad, especially if not after the transcoding mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

dfdream wrote: »

I very recently upgraded my Duo to Quad. Great machine. I too could not justify the price of Duo2. The Quad does all I want it to do, Just much faster then the Duo and with 4 tuner option.

GigaBlue recently announced that a software update is on the way to offer "Software transcoding" similar to how the Solo2 does the transcoding. I probably will never use it, as all my streaming is via lan, but its nice to have the option.

• Advertisement

seen it for 309 euro now ie the quad now that is getting interesting WOS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    seen it for 309 euro now ie the quad now that is getting interesting WOS

Are you going for it?

to be honest i am totally confused so will read a bit more, 309 is a great price but does it have an inherent fault, 600 is very high and does it do everything, no you still need a usb stick for dtt. There are so many boxes now its a nightmare. And some images wont work with the quad.

i might even go cheaper BUT iptv with a sat box is attracting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

to be honest i am totally confused so will read a bit more, 309 is a great price but does it have an inherent fault, 600 is very high and does it do everything, no you still need a usb stick for dtt. There are so many boxes now its a nightmare. And some images wont work with the quad.

i might even go cheaper BUT iptv with a sat box is attracting me.
    Maybe I'm just unlucky, or haven't taken the proper time to set it up completely, but most of the usb dtt sticks that I've tried/used on my duo1 have been very temperamental. In that respect, I would much prefer something like the Gigas dedicated dtt tuners.

Although, it's a bit of a pain that even on the giga, that they are an added PAID extra. They could at least have it as a triple tuner stb as standard. :(

In fact, would them actually calling it a Gigablue Hd 800 Quad not technically be false advertising :confused:

Has anyone used their usb dvbt tuners on duo 2. My Sundtek media pro crashes tuner b/c when enabled

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I downloaded the drivers for my one the same one as i used on my Vu duo and it is not showing up as a tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

irishchris wrote: »
    Has anyone used their usb dvbt tuners on duo 2. My Sundtek media pro crashes tuner b/c when enabled

does the Duo2 not come with built in dvb/t/c tuner.

regards

no, even on the german shops its a weird combination

stanley1 wrote: »

regards

You can buy a dvbt internal tuner but I need 3 sat tuners ( for all the missus soaps recording) so rely on usb for dvbt.

stanley1 wrote: »

regards

You can buy a dvbt internal tuner but I need 3 sat tuners ( for all the missus soaps recording) so rely on usb for dvbt.

• Advertisement

joe250 wrote: »
    I downloaded the drivers for my one the same one as i used on my Vu duo and it is not showing up as a tuner.

Which make tuner is that? Did you do a restart after install? What image?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sundtek

Just for your information we'll test the VU DUO2 on Friday/tomorrow.

When installing our driver better use the sundtek settopbox installer.

For Windows:
    http://sundtek.de/media/ssi.rar
    For Mac:
    http://sundtek.de/media/ssi_mac.zip

if it does not show up in the tuner configuration just configure it via the sundtek control center, it's pretty easy.

sundtek wrote: »
    Just for your information we'll test the VU DUO2 on Friday/tomorrow.

When installing our driver better use the sundtek settopbox installer.

For Windows:
    http://sundtek.de/media/ssi.rar
    For Mac:
    http://sundtek.de/media/ssi_mac.zip

if it does not show up in the tuner configuration just configure it via the sundtek control center, it's pretty easy.

Used the attached Installer on a fresh flash of vix build 717 and once dvbt is enabled tuber b&c both no longer receive a signal with tune failed. Have yee tested this now that you have a duo 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sundtek

Unfortunately we didn't get the VU DUO2 yet since we had no time to pick it up on friday and that office was closed on saturday.

However you can also contact us via skype (sundtek) to check what's going on on your box in advance.

Unfortunately we didn't get the VU DUO2 yet since we had no time to pick it up on friday and that office was closed on saturday.

However you can also contact us via skype (sundtek) to check what's going on on your box in advance.
    Was chatting already to you on Skype earlier this week but was advised would be better to wait until Saturday until you did some tests on your box. Assuming you will have it Monday I will Skype on Monday evening to see your results

Tried contacting Sundtek unsuccessfully several times today. Take it it is not going well with DUO 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

So installing the dvb-t files knocks out 2 of the 3 satellite tuners.

Thats not good!

Different kernels required for VU2 ?

Whats in the Sundtek configuration file in etc.

STB wrote: »
    So installing the dvb-t files knocks out 2 of the 3 satellite tuners.

Thats not good!

Different kernels required for VU2 ?

Whats in the Sundtek configuration file in etc.
    I think is more to do with Sundtek setup. They are the only usb tuner that handles i2c communication differently hence why they were the only usb tuner to work originally in vu duo. Also why I need to know if anyone has tried a different usb tuner as I don't have any other brands at minute.
    Contacted Sundtek last night but they have not picked up their duo 2 as they have been "too busy"

why would you use a USB tuner rather than a internally fitted one? i am asking as I may get the duo2 and from my understanding it has a twin dvbs/s2 = record one watch another, and then room for another twin or single dvbs/s2 or a dtt tuner?? How does 3 tuners work?? record 2 and watch one or record 3 and watch a recording?

My idea is one twin dvbs/s2 and a dtt so I can record dtt and watch another dtt or record 2 sat programs and watch sat or dtt. etc. with 3 sat tuner and a USB what do I gain?

I am only learning about duo2 so be gentle. how much is the usb tuner?

• Advertisement

why would you use a USB tuner rather than a internally fitted one? i am asking as I may get the duo2 and from my understanding it has a twin dvbs/s2 = record one watch another, and then room for another twin or single dvbs/s2 or a dtt tuner?? How does 3 tuners work?? record 2 and watch one or record 3 and watch a recording?

My idea is one twin dvbs/s2 and a dtt so I can record dtt and watch another dtt or record 2 sat programs and watch sat or dtt. etc. with 3 sat tuner and a USB what do I gain?

I am only learning about duo2 so be gentle. how much is the usb tuner?

With all the recording the missus has with soaps etc there can be 2-3 recordings on at the same time daily so needed 3 Sat tuners. Usb tuners vary in price from 25 -90 depending in brand so in theory if worked you could have 3 sat tuners and 1 dvbt usb tuner

Advertisement