Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#1 in Ireland???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Moises High Organ

I have to say that nemesis is good , very good in fact, i've never seen koopa play, when it does go down can some one post up the demo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Having played Koopa only last night...I think its safe to say that Nemesis should have an easy time, based on that demo. GL man, thought you probably don't need. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

IMHO, I believe that Nemesis can and will beat Koopa. I have played Koopa before and I personally think he is good, but not anywhere near Nemesis' standard of play. After all, Nemesis learned his quaking skills in the l33t town of Waterford, which has produced fantastic Quake players such as Beast and Damian to name but a few. Put this together with the fact that Koopa is a towel-headed diapar wearing arab who spends more time avoiding gaps (female gaps) than his cousin, Prince of Persia because of his homosexuality, I believe that he will truly be exposed as a fraud because he will not be able to use any of his usual hacks that he uses from home. (FACT: Koopa has NEVER played at a LAN before)
    All in all, the victory will surely be Nemesis'.
    He is outclassed, outgunned, undermanned and overawed.
    That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

fine, you ****ers twisted my arm, one game on t4, one game on pro-q3dm6 , and a decider on t2, and all games 10 mins long

itll be 3 people in the car (me vincent and saik probably), and we will have our own pcs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

I'd go to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I want to see this.
    Afterwards a fight to the death with mice for 40 yards :p
    Seriously though i'd love to be at a lan with some serious Q3'ers as *NemesiS* is really the only one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

lawl i want to see this
    looks like it could be funneh

have a feeling it wouldnt be a close match tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

jesus christ i have never even seen q3(cudnt be arsed to buy it) and i wanna travel just to see this game and the fight afterwards..there will have to be a fight coz the loser is goin to retaliate we all know dat....i really think after nemesis wins he shud run coz hell be dead....I wanna go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Has Nemisis ever pld online Bai?, or for a clan Bai, or in leagues Bai?. if not then he aint a true Q3 player, is he Bai!?!?. and has also pld n00bs (Pardon me japanese Bai).

Da Cark Bai Has Let words out his food inhaler so listen!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Jayses bai thars no flys on him, and if there is ther payin rent!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Im coming too. Me LJ Gbomb and Jeff will come from Limerick. Sam, ure dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

let us know when this is on and i'll call along for the look (+laugh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

right it's settled then. everybody remotely related to irish quake, is going down to waterford to this lan. killy can watch via satellite linkup from sf. and if it is a hoax, we'll have enough nurds and pc's to have a lan anyhow.
    and if it IS for real... BAHAHAHA, sam will be laughing all the way to the bank.

PS i want details of this lan, and i want them NOW.

FACT: Koopa has NEVER played at a LAN before

No... he played at galway lan 2 and beat everybody I remember that, thats what my braincells are for isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

Nemesis the nick i used was Spook and i did beat u in waterford in both cs and quake3. like it or lump it thats the way it was ask any of the ti guys who went down with me. you can deny it if you want which u probably will but we know the truth and u cant change that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

so there's a grand riding on the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

well sure lets make it interesting.. since so many people are going, how about 2 grand?
    2000 euros is as far as im willing to go over a single lan(even if youre willing to go above it), as i'd feel guilty if i took any more of your hard earned cash (when i win)

if you dont have the money, you can pay me 1000 euros cash and give me the pc you played on when you lose, and we'll call it quits
    scared of losing, nemesis?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

*hum*

/me smells an ass whupping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Garenteed you'll have some acid lads down for this. I'm defo going, i'd imagine Gerry, Sico will also prolly head down. Rapier u defo going ?

on the match issue:

(provided it's not a wind-up, which i'm still not sure if it is or not)

*Nemesis* = Big fish in a very small pond. I dont he can possably realise what he's in for...

quote:
    Has Nemisis ever pld online Bai?, or for a clan Bai, or in leagues Bai?. if not then he aint a true Q3 player, is he Bai!?!?. and has also pld n00bs (Pardon me japanese Bai).

I concur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i believe the legends go that nemesis started playing tetris at the early age of eighteen months and come his third birthday had completed the russian puzzler just short of 850 times. by his fifth birthday he had caught onto the streetfighter arcade scene, quickly turning his mighty hands of reflexfullness to it in a way nobody thought previously possible. two years and several championships later in every field of computer gaming his total career earnings at the tadpole age of seven came to a staggering 9 hundred pound along with several cans of coke and lollipops won from various unworthy punters.
    then as the myths go he disappeared to america. no-one seen hide nor hair of him for close on 10 years until one post on a popular irish bulletin board sprung him back into the gaming spotlight, could he return to his once legendary gaming form? has he been squirreled away practicing quake for those hidden years? all will be revealed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 T4-DEMON

ROFL. I played Koopa on an Irish server a couple of months ago, I had 80 ping, he had 50 ping. I was at my friends house so I didn't even have my own PC. I beat him 18 - 11 without even having a warm-up game. After that I was warmed up, and he wouldn't even play me again because he had a lot of excuses. Hes a good player, but Nemesis is right, he can't dodge, he can't use RL, and his LG is just AWFUL. All he can use is machinegun and railgun. He doesn't time megahealth, and he is too aggressive which means if Nemesis does manage to take control, we could be seeing a high frag difference.

No offence Koopa - I know you have potential, but QuakeWorld is what you're best at, and you should probably stick to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

i cant wait to see koopa lose 2 grand...nemesis WILL win

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I wanna put money on the Nemesis chap. I like the cut of his jib.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

all i can say is gl to both of these lads and i cannot wait for the outcome

- i have no clue of quake but heh plz post up what happens as this sounds like its gonna end in a punch up

but seriously gl to u both , one is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank ;/

baz

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll mosey on down too I think.
    Waterord is a good bit away from home, but if someone can show me a horizontal surface suitable for slepping upon and the local pub I'll bicker not.

Will be craic to see Bubbles again anywhoo.

Dav, you coming down?

This'll be classic, i'd love to go. Whats dates it on?

How can we all be sure that nemesis will turn up? He hasn't posted any replies after koopas last reply.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm tempted! There hasn't been this much hype about a game in Ireland since... someone help me out here - my memory isn't what it once was!

I wonder what odds Paddy Powers are giving?

Sam - you'd best be careful - I think he can take you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

There is STILL is no demo of Nemesis, wether is be playing a BOT or another player and because of that, its ALL talk imho.

Sure I can beat Fatality 24-0 on a lan, on his favourite map, with one arm behind me back. Really.. I can... Honestly!

If this 'lan' goes ahead, I'll come down for a laugh, but in fairness, theres no way Id travel accross the country to play a guy whos never beaten anyone of 'skill', has no demos and claim's to be #no.1 in ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Kharn
    There hasn't been this much hype about a game in Ireland since...

the LAST time the quake board was trolled this easily :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    theres no way Id travel accross the country to play a guy whos never beaten anyone of 'skill', has no demos and claim's to be #no.1 in ireland!

They can inscribe that on Nemesis's gravestone after Koopa buries em alive. Or even Koopa's gravestone, if nemesis is the real thing.

Advertisement