Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ikea

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭thebiglad

How nice of them to call me a liar:

They did mine and still have not refunded it.

Mine cancelled too, only after i had to chase them twice for updates on delivery which was already 1 week overdue - was promised both times it was being processed and then I received a text to say cancelled.

Will keep an on the refund situation, didn't expect this to be an issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

looksee wrote: »
    This is the second time of two delayed orders (other one with Screwfix) where they have failed to say that orders were coming from the UK. This really needs to be something they should have to tell us.

2021, the year we waited for stuff...

I'm spending so long on every site I consider buying trying to figure out where they'll be dispatching from. Thebwife ordered something from an Irish website, .ie address, address in Clondalkin, and now she's getting an email saying the parcel is delayed in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

i cancelled a order back on the 4th of Dec and still havent got a refund. Im finding it very hard to get in contact witu anyone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, if you are still waiting for a charge back just do a chsrgeback.

Google your banks name and 'chargeback form' and you should get the right form.

I did it with the airlines and got money returned pretty quickly, dont waste your time with the merchant (in this case Ikea).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I will try one last time to get into contact with them for a refund and if that does not work, then a chargeback is in order.

I might also be inclined to complain to the CCPC at there is a clear pattern here for IKEA taking orders and charging (not just placing a hold) customers credit card while they are fully aware that they cannot fulfill the order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭waterford_21

Always been a HUGE Ikea fan but this latest fiasco is just appalling. Like you - my order was scheduled for delivery early December. Date came and went with no contact. Over €2k of goods for new home - they said it got lost in the system and I could have a refund or order again! I was so furious as no effort had been made to contact me. I cancelled the order and only received my refund two weeks ago! In the same boat now as I’ve re-ordered in smaller quantities and have ZERO faith in their delivery promises. Come on IKEA a stop treating your customers like sh!t!
    looksee wrote: »
    If you are waiting for an online delivery from Ikea you should probably ring them and ask what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

My order has changed to "on its way" with a delivery date of tomorrow, however i am not confident it will be delivered, i am actually waiting for the cancellation email, just like the first time.

Their system definitely needs an upgrade.

The first order cancelled got back into the bank account i'd say within two weeks of being cancelled.

I will try one last time to get into contact with them for a refund and if that does not work, then a chargeback is in order.

I might also be inclined to complain to the CCPC at there is a clear pattern here for IKEA taking orders and charging (not just placing a hold) customers credit card while they are fully aware that they cannot fulfill the order.

Hate to say it but complaining to the CCPC will be pointless.

Save wasting any more breath - initiate a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Narcissus wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask what date did you order?

The 18th of December, original delivery date was the 6th of Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

I rang them last week and was told "all irish deliveries not already dispatched will be cancelled"
    I was lucky to have had mine dispatched at that time, and it arrived today.

Poor communication the whole time from them. their whole ecommerce setup is the worst I have experienced.

Brief timeline for my order:
    Nov- placed order, chose 1st available delivery date of Dec-29. Ikea took payment immediately.
    Dec 22 received email asking to check the attached order details for accuracy
    Dec 29. no delivery and no communication.
    Jan 1. I notice that the email from the 22nd had cryptic info suggesting that maybe the delivery will be on Jan 5.
    Jan 4th receive a notice that delivery is postponed due to some issue.
    Jan 9th I ring and talk to someone who said the original delivery didn't happen because they couldn't find one item for the delivery and that the other issues being faced will lead to all irish orders being cancelled - but that mine was already dispatched so should be OK. No ETA.
    Jan 18th I receive notifications from DPD that I have a delivery due today, delivery arrives.

• Advertisement

I ordered a chair from them earlier today. The colour I chose has an expected delivery date of two weeks, but in all of the other colours the expected delivery date was in March.

Is it safe to assume that the reason for the shorter delivery date for my colour is because it is being shipped from their store (or distribution centre) in Ireland whereas the others would be coming from the UK and that I won't be affected by this issue? Or is there a possible other reason for the difference in delivery times?

The webpage said that all of the colours are in stock in their Dublin store so I'm a bit confused as to how their logistics works.

I ordered a chair from them earlier today. The colour I chose has an expected delivery date of two weeks, but in all of the other colours the expected delivery date was in March.

Is it safe to assume that the reason for the shorter delivery date for my colour is because it is being shipped from their store (or distribution centre) in Ireland whereas the others would be coming from the UK and that I won't be affected by this issue? Or is there a possible other reason for the difference in delivery times?

The webpage said that all of the colours are in stock in their Dublin store so I'm a bit confused as to how their logistics works.

If you order online for delivery to your home (as opposed to Carrickmines for click and collect), your order will be fulfilled from the UK so Dublin stock levels are irrelevant.

If you order online for delivery to your home (as opposed to Carrickmines for click and collect), your order will be fulfilled from the UK so Dublin stock levels are irrelevant.

Yes it's to my home. Can you explain why there would be a difference in times then?

I checked the Ikea UK store for the same item and it states the same delivery date to a UK address for all colours, so I'm again a bit lost as to why one colour here has such a dramatically different delivery window than the other colours.

Yes it's to my home. Can you explain why there would be a difference in times then?

I checked the Ikea UK store for the same item and it states the same delivery date to a UK address for all colours, so I'm again a bit lost as to why one colour here has such a dramatically different delivery window than the other colours.

I'm not sure how accurate their times are as a UK address can't have the same delivery time as IE based on current experiences people are having.

I'm not sure how accurate their times are as a UK address can't have the same delivery time as IE based on current experiences people are having.

I'm aware, that's why I'm asking. :)

If the chair in one colour has a much faster shipping time on the Irish site than the other colour options, but that isn't true for the same chair on the UK site for a UK address, that must signify that something different is happening with this colour than the other colour options in terms of delivery.

I'm trying to figure out what that difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,154 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You can try and figure it out if you want, but the answer isn’t that it is in Dublin

ALL orders (from Ireland) from the IKEA website are fulfilled in England

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

Ordered a cabinet on Jan 5. Was just delivered today, on the day selected when ordered, which was the earliest available.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Dodge wrote: »
    You can try and figure it out if you want, but the answer isn’t that it is in Dublin

ALL orders (from Ireland) from the IKEA website are fulfilled in England

Not only that, but they told me that there are 3 UK distribution centers and not all of them will delivery to a given Irish address.

This means that while the website might say "available for online ordering" because one of the 3 distribution centers has stock, it might be the wrong one for your address.

After waiting 3 months for stock of a desk to appear online (why dont they have a backorder system?!?!?), it became available but wouldnt deliver to me. I had to get it delivered to someone in Dublin instead.
    50e for delivery, and I still have to go and collect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I got a delivery today that was due on 5 Jan. No word from IKEA, just an email from DPD this morning, but looks like they are moving again

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I got a delivery today that was due on 5 Jan. No word from IKEA, just an email from DPD this morning, but looks like they are moving again

Mine was due today but nothing yet, i hope I'm not going to be another two weeks waiting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I called them again on Monday about my refund and a very nice agent assisted me explaining their backlog but she made sure the credit was happening.

Hit my card just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

seamus wrote: »
    It sounds like IKEA took a gamble that they'd be able to treat Ireland & Britain as a single economic area after Brexit and made no alternative plans for Ireland.

Nope. The deal finally struck on Dec 24th only had the guidelines issued on 31st Dec.

These were substantially different to what people expected and has caused havoc.

No real issue with items made in the uk and shipped out. But it's an effing mess when the item is from an EU country or a non eu country.

So you need documents with country of origin, material used and taric codes. Where just a couple of weeks ago you needed none of that.

I don't think any company got it right.

And the brexiteers said it will all be good.

magicEye wrote: »
    Mine was due today but nothing yet, i hope I'm not going to be another two weeks waiting :(

My order was delivered this morning. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

I wonder will they start using dublin stock for online orders, theres f all in stock online.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

I had the exact same scenario in September/October, so might not even be Brexit related.

Due for delivery on a certain date, got a text confirming date on the the day, with a promise of another text on the morning of the delivery (which was meant to be that day).

rang them the next day and they had to re-instate the order. They claimed some stuff was out of stock, but they the re-instated order had everything, so I've no idea how it worked.

Thought it was crazy that unless you ring them the order just seems to get stuck.

My boyfriend had a similar issue (after several months he eventually cancelled the order). Apparently if you order something online that is in stock a delivery date is set for you. However, and this seems insane to me, the item is not reserved for you, so you have to hope your item remains in stock until the despatch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

magicEye wrote: »
    Placed order with IKEA on 30th of December and a delivery date of 8th of January. Order cancelled. Re-ordered same items, with an expected delivery date of 19th of January. Not holding my breath, everything i ordered came up as available in store and for online on both dates i placed orders.

Really poor on their part to be honest, plus there is no way to contact them, other than the phone.

Can I ask where did you find their number? I've been trying to order a standing desk on the website for months, says it's in stock and then once I put in my eircode a error message pops up, tried other eircodes and got the same issue. Messaged then on Twitter and heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭rounders

McGaggs wrote: »
    I'm spending so long on every site I consider buying trying to figure out where they'll be dispatching from. Thebwife ordered something from an Irish website, .ie address, address in Clondalkin, and now she's getting an email saying the parcel is delayed in the UK.

If you ordered from a Irish Site and they try to charge duty you have a very valid argument against it!

Curry's has already had to backtrack

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/brexit-currys-pc-world-irish-customers-asked-to-pay-import-taxes-in-error-1.4461105

rounders wrote: »
    Can I ask where did you find their number? I've been trying to order a standing desk on the website for months, says it's in stock and then once I put in my eircode a error message pops up, tried other eircodes and got the same issue. Messaged then on Twitter and heard nothing back

If you look them up on Facebook, you only get the option to 'call' them, not message them. 01 541 3300 comes up on Facebook as the phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Yesterday I putting together an order and as I was adding to it I was checking the delivery date and cost.

It never changed from Friday 22nd of January but when I went to pay it changed to “sorry we can’t deliver to your eircode right now or a store nearby”.

Now I get that message for anything I put in the checkout. Are others getting this too? Have IKEA stopped online shopping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yesterday I putting together an order and as I was adding to it I was checking the delivery date and cost.

It never changed from Friday 22nd of January but when I went to pay it changed to “sorry we can’t deliver to your eircode right now or a store nearby”.

Now I get that message for anything I put in the checkout. Are others getting this too? Have IKEA stopped online shopping?

Yeah just tried and it's same for me. I put in an order last week so I know it's not a problem with my eircode. I'm guessing they are under so much logistics pressure they've had to stop orders for now to try get on top of it.

On the other it could be a precursor to them pulling out of Ireland altogether but I'd be very surprised if that was the case. Like a lot of other retailers they probably just need time to get a hang of the new customs processes.

Advertisement