Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

They sent an email yesterday and today about a new survey, 5euro for 15mins!!! now you have to play around with it a bit for them to accept you but unlike previous surveys you can go back and start again as often as it takes!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

I have €13.50 with €7.50 pending. !!!!!

Tip: Lie through you teeth... seriously!!!! Normally I wouldn't but I got so p'd off with them sending me emails to do the survey then to be told I don't meet criteria.

Go into your profile & show more interest in almost evertything (This gets you more survey offers)..... also if you don't meet criteria just click on it again & then lie or guess... works for me!!!

I got €5 the other day for bulling about being the IT manager for my company & that I make all the decisions about IT purchases & Telecoms also. It took about 6-7 atempts to get past the criteria brick wall & then just pure bull from there on.... it took about 10min to complete the survey!

Am I wrong to do this???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 davidegallazzi

Finally the missing voucher arrived circa 1 month ago by registered letter.
    So maybe something in their system had gone wrong in sending the voucher or it got lost in the post. I just do not understand why they were not forecoming but tried to cover it up with come excuses that were not going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Not sure how long they are pending. I just do the surveys when I see them lol. Just to pass the time really.

irishopinionsqu6.jpg

Would it be alright to assume you'll always have something pending to stop you claiming your vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

So long as you've built up €10 you can click the Claim reward link and
    get that amount sent out in a voucher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Did anyone else get the survey yesterday about drinks? I was at least 12 or 13 pages into the survey, having asked detailed questions about the brands of drinks I recognised, and recent drinks advertising I could recall when they came back with 'sorry, we have enough responses and the survey is closed'.

I'm getting very suspicious that this is a technique to avoid paying.

RainyDay wrote:

I agree with you. They're getting questions answered that they need and at the end it's 'fuck off, you're not getting paid mwahahaha'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I've done a few surveys too in the last couple of months and my credits are still pending. I'm not sure if I'll keep going with it..

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

RainyDay wrote:
    Did anyone else get the survey yesterday about drinks? I was at least 12 or 13 pages into the survey, having asked detailed questions about the brands of drinks I recognised, and recent drinks advertising I could recall when they came back with 'sorry, we have enough responses and the survey is closed'.

That made my blood boil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

RainyDay wrote:

I only got this survey this evening and have only just completed it about 5 mins ago. Once what's in pending is "processed" I should have €43.00 worth of Tesco vouchers. I've been doing it for a number of years with just the odd survey to start and in the last few months they've been coming through more regularly. I haven't tried claiming yet. I was hoping to do so once it got to €50 but I think I'll just redeem them in €10 a time as I've my suspicions about the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 karlmarcks

I've actually accumulated €30 of HMV vouchers, but true, recently I noticed that after a few questions I almost always get the message 'you don't qualify' -- result: I've stopped bothering.

But I can still go and spend my vouchers on DVDs or what... so not a scam for me!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Cr8or wrote: »
    The scam seems to be the number of surveys they send you never reaches the €10 euro mark. Since I signed up I have only offered 4 surveys that made a total of €7.. Anyone else noticed this?

Did you take the time to log in on www.irishopinions.com and fill out the survey questions that help them understand you better?

I have to say that I was ignoring several surveys because I had the same problem, in fact just this morning Ive managed to knock out €3 so for the first time since starting with the website ive gotten €10, despite the fact that the payment is still pending.

When it goes through Ill be interested to see the payment they give me, having said that, €10 isnt a lot for at least 2 years service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I've only just gone over the 10 euro mark and have credits outstanding for ages now. Maybe Irish Opinions have to get paid by the companies they are doing the surveys for before they pay us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Lizzykins wrote: »
    I've only just gone over the 10 euro mark and have credits outstanding for ages now. Maybe Irish Opinions have to get paid by the companies they are doing the surveys for before they pay us!

Sent them an email today saying wondering when my pending credits will be credited to my account as I'd like to claim my first ever voucher with your service so Ill just wait and see what happens, I dont intend to be left waiting since there are a couple of things I could get with my voucher on Amazon and after all this time I'm entitled!

Sent them an email today saying wondering when my pending credits will be credited to my account as I'd like to claim my first ever voucher with your service so Ill just wait and see what happens, I dont intend to be left waiting since there are a couple of things I could get with my voucher on Amazon and after all this time I'm entitled!

I've done that the other day too, all adds up to €48.00

No reply, yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I was going to let mine build up as i get surveys fairly regularly bit I decided to get them so will be interesting to see how long it takes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

hey

i've just recieved my first €10 voucher.it took a while to accumulate but in my eyes it was handy voucher, the odd survey now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've been a member since late 2005.
    I mostly answer their surveys (though have ignored a few outright because the reward was too low) and I've got €38.65 in my account, i'm just gonna let it pile up until I need some tesco vouchers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Anyone work out how long it takes to complete a survey and work out how much you are being paid and hour?

I wonder does it compete with the minimum wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

i doubt that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Not an alternative way to make a living - thats for sure.

I am a bit annoyed with the service though:
    They ask me a load of questions before deciding I'm
    a. Not eligible
    b. too late - they already have enough applicants
    Lads - ffs - you know b. immediately, before I fill out the info, and I told you enough info for you to figure out if I am a. when I subscribed. Did ye forget? Don't ye believe me? Why do ye need to hear that I'm a 73 year old female tea drinking lesbian Sinn Feiner as a pre-requisite to every story?

Also the quality of the surveys are a bit crap - recent one had a multichoice: do you come from Dublin, Galway or Donegal? No sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I got vouchers from them before Christmas.

I don't seem to qualify for a lot of the surveys though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

squibs wrote: »
    do you come from Dublin, Galway or Donegal? No sh*t.
    Was that the drinks one?

I said I was from Dublin and tried to continue, but got so bored with the questions I eventually gave up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I'm signed up with Irish Opinions about a year now and in that time I have only got a tenner out of them. Close enough to getting another tenner soon. I used to do the postal surveys as well, that was until I started to take the piss out of them. They used to give a 25eur dunnes voucher every month for recieving letters in the post and logging them up online. 25eur for about 4 hours work a month was taking the piss. So I emailed them to complain :D I wanted 40 eur a month from them. Truth be told I never heard from them again. I wasn't too bothered about it TBH.

I used to work for Millward Brown when I was a student. I love taking the piss out of survey companies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

Not trying to spam but did anyone ever hear of a site called A.W.Surveys??

they give you $4 per survey and when you reach 75$ they credit your paypal account...im currenty at $27 but there are no surveys available :(

http://www.AWSurveys.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You realise that the link you posted is a referral link, thus earning you $1.25 for every friend that signs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

dudara wrote: »
    You realise that the link you posted is a referral link, thus earning you $1.25 for every friend that signs up.

not any more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donkykongg

Something that always really annoys me is how people brand paid online surveys as scams. Ive been a member of many paid surveys companies for many years and have earnt my fair share of money and paypal aswell as online gift certificates for lots of online stores.
    It seems that people really arnt paying attention to what they sign upto.
    Many survey companies take a certain time period before you are paid. Sometimes its days or even weeks. So as soon as a few hours is up they say oh i havent been paid for doing that survey.
    If people continue to pick survey companies that have dodgey names like survey monkey or 30 dollar days then its their own fault. Try using the ones with legitimate names, do your homework on the paid survey company before you join.
    Ive had nothing but smooth sailing with the companies im with and have been with for many years. This one has a list of about 7 paid surveys sites [HTML]<a href="http://www.techagesite.com/Surveys page1.htm&quot;&gt;Paid surveys</a>[/HTML]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donkykongg

Something that always really annoys me is how people brand paid online surveys as scams. Ive been a member of many paid surveys companies for many years and have earnt my fair share of money and paypal aswell as online giftcertificates for lots of online stores.
    It seems that people really arnt paying attention to what they sign upto.
    Many survey companies take a certain time period before you are paid. Sometimes its days or even weeks. So as soon as a few hours is up they say oh i havent been paid for doing that survey.
    If people continue to pick survey companies that have dodgey names like survey monkey or 30 dollar days then its their own fault. Try using the ones with legitimate names, do your homework on the paid survey company before you join.
    Ive had nothing but smooth sailing with the companies im with and have been with for many years. This one has a list of about 7 paid surveys sites http://www.techagesite.com/Surveys%20page1.htm

just to make life easier for everyone lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement