Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's gonna win the IQCL :-P

• 14-02-1998 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭

Okay folks - do we have any predictions of who are going to be the top
    clans in each division?

Let me see, by the looks of the IQCL rules (had to have a look again
    at what Dermot has written!), there are going to be quarter finals in
    the knockout rounds.

Therefore (correct me if I'm wrong), that means 4 teams will make
    it out of each division - who's it gonna be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm looking into my crystal ball.....Oooh it's becoming clear...Yes! I see CT, GLOW, CLAN 11 and ABAT from Group 1...No wait...Something's coming through.... Strong camping energy forces..I see INC camping their way thru their matches at the expense of poor ABAT....Group 2 is coming thru now...I see LPB's have an easy time...I see GI playing their own maps and easily getting thru....I see a stormer of a game between CW and nD... I see both getting thru....XCom also qualify with Braincell their top player....I predict much QW crashes for HPW's nd much discontent....Oooohh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sign your real name you sad anonymous lamer!!

Of course with the day that's in it I am sure
    you sent lots of anonymous cards already.

GIs playing their own level_s_?!

Yeah mgbase is listed for the IQCL, I think
    it would be best if we weren't playing
    the week it's on - there!

All the other levels are ukcldmx which I
    have not seen at all.

Quashed that vicious rumour (btw MoonGlum
    designed the level, the rest of us haven't
    played a match on it, so what are you on
    about?). Even if we were playing on it,
    you also have as much time as we do to
    download the thing and check it out.

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

Id just like to add that I'm completley impartial and it would never occur to me
    to pick a level for a reason as insignifigant as, say, liking it myself. :) Also,
    some people seem to labour under the misguided impression that I know all the levels
    inside out - in fact I have never played on half of them yet, im just taking
    other peoples word for it that they are indeed excellent clan war levels.

Can't see why I bothered saying that as I know the begrudgers will never believe
    there is such a thing as someone running a league and taking part in it and not
    fiddling it somehow to their own advantage.

In any case - I just played a game for Clan Pendragon today on a level designed
    by one of our own players - and we still lost, so there!

Its all about preperation - if your team has a good strategy worked out for the
    level then you will always beat a team who has never seen the level before downloading
    it earlier in the day and then spending the last ten minutes before the game trying
    learn where it is the rocket launcher is again . . .

Its also about turning up for your games though - if you miss any the likelyhood
    of doing well in the league is pretty much shafted.

Dermot

This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

: This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

Can you **** never put your own name ?

• Advertisement

: : This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

Which has ALWAYS been the case for college clans. We get more practice and therefore we can kick your scrawny asses all over the place. So whats your **** point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

:
    : : : This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

: Which has ALWAYS been the case for college clans. We get more practice and therefore we can kick your scrawny asses all over the place. So whats your **** point?

Yeah, seems HPB's always end up getting the sh!t end of the stick.
    Thats the way it has always been and the way its always gonna
    be.

Oh well - boo hoo.

At least you HPBer's can actually play Quake,
    unlike a HHHHHHPBs like me.

I think we need an Agony Aunt section on
    quake.ie so we can get this sort of stuff off
    our chests.

Waaaaa ... I had Quads, red armour and RL
    and 100 rockets on DM2, and he telefragged me ...
    waaaaaaaaaaa......

Waaaa ... I'm a HPB ... waaa ... they get to play levels
    first and get more practice ... waaaa.

: :
    : : : : This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

: : Which has ALWAYS been the case for college clans. We get more practice and therefore we can kick your scrawny asses all over the place. So whats your **** point?

: Yeah, seems HPB's always end up getting the sh!t end of the stick.
    : Thats the way it has always been and the way its always gonna
    : be.

: Oh well - boo hoo.

: At least you HPBer's can actually play Quake,
    : unlike a HHHHHHPBs like me.

: I think we need an Agony Aunt section on
    : quake.ie so we can get this sort of stuff off
    : our chests.

: Waaaaa ... I had Quads, red armour and RL
    : and 100 rockets on DM2, and he telefragged me ...
    : waaaaaaaaaaa......

: Waaaa ... I'm a HPB ... waaa ... they get to play levels
    : first and get more practice ... waaaa.

Hey

Um ever hear of bots great invention :)

Giggler

: Hey

: Um ever hear of bots great invention :)

: Giggler

YOU MUPPET!?!?!?
    BOTS ARE NO GOOD FOR PRACTICING AGAINST. A lan is the only way.

: YOU MUPPET!?!?!?
    : BOTS ARE NO GOOD FOR PRACTICING AGAINST. A lan is the only way.

Sorry, but I agree with Reaper. Bots are all well and good, but nothing beats the pure sadistic, sheer bloody mindlessness quality of another human being.

Hobbes.

• Advertisement

:
    : Which has ALWAYS been the case for college clans. We get more practice and therefore we can kick your scrawny asses all over the place. So whats your fecking point?

If my memory serves me correctly mister Reaper, CW (all high pingers) beat CT at the quakefest once there was an even playing field. And Beast, who has had a tiny fraction of your 1 on 1 LAN experience beat YOU at Quakelords. So whose scrawny ass are you talking about? Using the UKCL maps is a silly idea if the majority of the players in the league can't even get any practice on them. Personally, I think the maps are great, but as I live out in the middle of nowhere and am friendless I can only play against bots, which as you rightly point out, aren't worth a damn.

[CW] Von Swine

:If my memory serves me correctly mister Reaper,
    :CW (all high pingers) beat CT at the quakefest
    :once there was an even playing field.

Haha, yeah we remember that with great fondness.
    Our virginal beginnings. No bullsh*t though:
    [awwww...cmon...the damn thing wont let me say
    shi*t.....how can I communicate without swearwords =)]
    you would NOT beat us now. Each and every clan
    member has improved DRASTICALLY. Its insane how
    good ppl like Bunny and Reaper are now. Soz to
    blow the CT trumpet...but that my opinion. The
    challenge to CW is there BTW. We'll even play you
    CTF on the indigo levels (now that we know
    them..*dig*) but alas...our pings scare you
    all off. boooooo!

:And Beast,
    :who has had a tiny fraction of your 1 on 1 LAN
    :experience beat YOU at Quakelords. .
    Hur hur hur. Nicky is a class player. too right.
    But with equal pings and comps...no contest.
    sorry nicky. Thats just my opinion.

Kaile

. The challenge to CW is there BTW. We'll even play you
    : CTF on the indigo levels (now that we know
    : them..*dig*) but alas...our pings scare you
    : all off. boooooo!

Well if you want to play from our machines and we play from yours, that'd be fun. The unlucky bugger who gets to use my machine will be tearing his hair out after 2 minutes. Seriously though. A CTF match is a great idea. At last someone (apart from CG) has the balls to challenge us at our game. Gotta be in a cafe though. You have simply no idea how bad our connections are.

: :And Beast,
    : :who has had a tiny fraction of your 1 on 1 LAN
    : :experience beat YOU at Quakelords. .
    : Hur hur hur. Nicky is a class player. too right.
    : But with equal pings and comps...no contest.
    : sorry nicky. Thats just my opinion.

WHAAAT!? The Beaster beat Reaper (at the height of his powers) 2 months ago with equal ping and comp. Thing about Beast is, he never ever complains about playing conditions or ping. He even played on half blind against Zero at Qlords. I have word that he's practicing 1 on 1 on a LAN at home, so the next time he plays someone.....there'll be trouble.

Von Swine

<center>batman2.gif</center>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

>A CTF match is a great idea.
    >At last someone (apart from CG) has the balls
    >to challenge us at our game.

>Von Swine

Hmm I like this WWWBoard thingie :)
    Well CG have been challenging (and challenge)
    any and all CTF clans out there. We are systematically
    working our way through as many as we can and are as yet
    unbeaten (hur hur!). CW won't play us because they are
    AFRAID!!!!

Yes Folks, you heard me say it!
    CW are afraid to play us because they think
    that Beast will change teams half way through and
    then they'd have a real fight on their hands :)

Seriously though I have an agreement from them that
    if we beat all the other CTF clans out there they will
    give us a showdown at high noon (or more like high midnight
    given the two clans :) )

I'll be selling tickets :)

DeVore.

: : YOU MUPPET!?!?!?
    : : BOTS ARE NO GOOD FOR PRACTICING AGAINST. A lan is the only way.

: Sorry, but I agree with Reaper. Bots are all well and good, but nothing beats the pure sadistic, sheer bloody mindlessness quality of another human being.

: Hobbes.
    Hobbes I want to have your babies!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

: : Hobbes.
    : Hobbes I want to have your babies!

Your welcome to them, if you can find the mothers.

just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stupidwheelie

Alan wrote: »
    : This thing about downloading the new maps suits the college clans down to the ground. They can download them well in advance and get days of match practice on them. For high pingers all they can do is download the maps and walk around them by themselves but will get 0 match practice which is what matters.. Fat lot of use that is. Never thought of that did yiz?

Can you **** never put your own name ?
    Just came across this discussion via Google and wanted to ask a question regarding something in this thread.

Which college are you referring to, may I ask? :confused: Is it one within Ireland such as a Dublin one, or in a different country? :confused: Please can somebody here clarify this with me? Thanks. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

How did you end up on this from Google? It's a 17 year old thread!

The main Universities that had Quake teams back in the day were Trinity, UL and Maynooth, but there were lots of us spread out across loads of different colleges around the country - I was in GMIT Mayo myself and we had a clan that competed in the IQCL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement