Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parnell Street/Dominick Street Query

• 21-11-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭

Random question or inquiry for anyone that is from or frequents the Parnell Street or Dominick Street area of the inner city.

Anyone familiar with the Parnell Street/Dominick Street area of Dublin 1 might be familiar with an older gentleman who is usually around the area drinking cans. He doesn't bother anyone and in the 6/7 years I was around the area I never saw him in a spot of bother, even with the Gardai despite his public.

He usually positions himself outside the entrance to the Ilac or outside Aldi or on Dominick Street near the flats. He is Irish and is from Dublin having spoke to him on a few occasions, but never got his name. He was often wearing the 1916 Centenary GAA jersey.

The reason for my post here is that we haven't seen him in the area in a couple of weeks and are slightly concerned for him...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Would you ask any of the traders on Moore Street? They might know if anything happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

He’s around. I saw him recently outside Aldi. Either early this week or end of last week but definitely within the two weeks you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

I've seen him frequenting the Dublin 8 area more these days. Must have got accommodation in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

I've seen him frequenting the Dublin 8 area more these days. Must have got accommodation in that area
    Collie D wrote: »
    He’s around. I saw him recently outside Aldi. Either early this week or end of last week but definitely within the two weeks you mention.

Good to know he's still about anyway, thanks lads.

Spotted him today myself outside the Ilac, so all is well.

• Advertisement

Just a bump here folks. The news this morning of the passing of 'Old Man Belfield' got me wondering about this man on Parnell Street. I've spent most of the 2020 lockdown in the area, but no sign during all of that period. Any sightings of him of late?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Same As wrote: »
    Just a bump here folks. The news this morning of the passing of 'Old Man Belfield' got me wondering about this man on Parnell Street. I've spent most of the 2020 lockdown in the area, but no sign during all of that period. Any sightings of him of late?

I work on Parnell Street (beside Dominic Street junction) and I haven't seen him in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I don't recognise this particular person, but have you looked at the flats opposite the luas stop? People tend to congregate there during the winter......

Also if he's wearing a 1916 centenary jersey, might be worth throwing your head into the sinn fein shop, they usually know who these lads are.....

Edit: fully read your post, you mentioned the flats.....

Any sign of him in Dublin 8 of late?

Same As wrote: »
    Any sign of him in Dublin 8 of late?

Small Bump

• Advertisement
Advertisement