20-03-2019, 23:45   #16
sibersha

Just ordered one, thanks OP

Word of warning, use PayPal as my Revolut card's transaction was "declined" after they took the money from my account. I now have to wait 7-15 days for the funds to be returned.
Advertisement
20-03-2019, 23:54   #17
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibersha View Post
Just ordered one, thanks OP

Word of warning, use PayPal as my Revolut card's transaction was "declined" after they took the money from my account. I now have to wait 7-15 days for the funds to be returned.
well you can have your revolut card as your payment method in paypal. that's what I do. making sure paypal payment conversion is done by your card you get the revolut rate.
(4) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 07:49   #18
JCDUB

I need something like this for work but I have to have an attachable keyboard/stand for typing etc. Bluetooth won't cut it.
Has anybody seen anything appropriate? I presume if there's difficulty getting a case then keyboards would be scarce?
21-03-2019, 09:27   #19
collybyrne

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasso View Post
this tablet that has a very good review has gps. 10 euro or so more expensive. a bit heavier but well built. actually has better battery life than the voyo one. also has hdmi out.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tecl...er-405291.html

review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjgZM5Ohxd0
Hi Glasso,

In your opinion is this a better unit than the one in the OP? I see it's Android 7 as opposed to Android 8 but yet it seems to have a better screen and battery. Also one of the reviews mentions Netflix doesn't work on it, would that be the case on the VOYO one also? I don;t mind the difference in price, just want to make sure I'm getting the best unit. Thanks for your help.
21-03-2019, 09:36   #20
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by collybyrne View Post
Hi Glasso,

In your opinion is this a better unit than the one in the OP? I see it's Android 7 as opposed to Android 8 but yet it seems to have a better screen and battery. Also one of the reviews mentions Netflix doesn't work on it, would that be the case on the VOYO one also? I don;t mind the difference in price, just want to make sure I'm getting the best unit. Thanks for your help.
Netflix will work on both but only on standard definition as very few tablets have the widevine level 1 DRM certification. Standard definition is 520p

The other tablet has a bigger battery but is heavier also. Both are decent.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 10:06   #21
collybyrne

Quote:
Netflix will work on both but only on standard definition as very few tablets have the widevine level 1 DRM certification. Standard definition is 520p

The other tablet has a bigger battery but is heavier also. Both are decent.
Thanks for that, still not sure which one to go for. Both look like good deals in fairness.
21-03-2019, 11:20   #22
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by collybyrne View Post
Thanks for that, still not sure which one to go for. Both look like good deals in fairness.
The screen bezels are smaller on the teclast also I suppose. Maybe go for that for the increased battery life.

the aspect ratio of the tablet is better for video in some cases (more of screen used)

Android version makes little difference day to day.

Last edited by glasso; 21-03-2019 at 15:53.
21-03-2019, 11:35   #23
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDUB View Post
I need something like this for work but I have to have an attachable keyboard/stand for typing etc. Bluetooth won't cut it.
Has anybody seen anything appropriate? I presume if there's difficulty getting a case then keyboards would be scarce?
Other teclast tablet has them
Thanks from:
21-03-2019, 13:24   #24
naughto

Quote:
Originally Posted by icom View Post
Ordered one, been looking for a good spec tablet at the right price to replace my old Lenovo with Andriod 4.2 !

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Got one myself great spec on this one
Advertisement
21-03-2019, 14:29   #25
Cocoon

I ordered one too, do you know if prime video plays in HD or is it just a Netflix thing.
21-03-2019, 14:40   #26
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoon View Post
I ordered one too, do you know if prime video plays in HD or is it just a Netflix thing.
anything using widevine drm protection certification and requiring level 1.

as I said there are few tablets or phones with this certification unfortunately.

it's really only the flagship phones or tablets - 500 euro plus.

the base apple ipad is the exception or the amazon fire hd 10 (but that tablet has pretty low end specs really and is not full android but amazon's version - can be made to work with play store but it's not a perfect solution)

see netflix in HD section here

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23939

this pretty much rules out all chinese tablets. that's the way that it is....

Last edited by glasso; 21-03-2019 at 15:06.
21-03-2019, 15:25   #27
absolutegroove

The OP’s tablet or the Lenovo Tab 4 8” Plus for €114.99 on the Lenovo website?
21-03-2019, 15:47   #28
glasso

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutegroove View Post
The OP’s tablet or the Lenovo Tab 4 8” Plus for €114.99 on the Lenovo website?
that's not a bad tablet if you want a smaller tablet.

internal storage of 16gb (16gb less android system so 10 really probably) is on the small side and adding an sd card doesn't solve it really as you still need internal storage for part of the app and some apps won't install onto sd card. sd card storage is also slower.

2gb ram not a lot in 2019 eiither.

so for a small tablet where you won't be installing many apps and / or not a lot of big ones it's decent.

bettery battery life than the voyo probably.

the best option for an 8 inch tablet is the mi pad 4 but that's 200 euro. check honorbuy to get it.
top tablet though with a relatively powerful snapdragon 660, 4gb ram. 64gb storage and excellent battery life (12 hours easy).

Last edited by glasso; 21-03-2019 at 16:03.
(3) thanks from:
21-03-2019, 16:23   #29
absolutegroove

Quote:
that's not a bad tablet if you want a smaller tablet.

internal storage of 16gb (16gb less android system so 10 really probably) is on the small side and adding an sd card doesn't solve it really as you still need internal storage for part of the app and some apps won't install onto sd card. sd card storage is also slower.

2gb ram not a lot in 2019 eiither.

so for a small tablet where you won't be installing many apps and / or not a lot of big ones it's decent.

bettery battery life than the voyo probably.

the best option for an 8 inch tablet is the mi pad 4 but that's 200 euro. check honorbuy to get it.
top tablet though with a relatively powerful snapdragon 660, 4gb ram. 64gb storage and excellent battery life (12 hours easy).
Thanks for that. I went ahead and bought the Lenovo because of the screen size and it has 3gb of ram and I got a code from HUKD to make it €88.50 in total
21-03-2019, 16:24   #30
BKWDR

Glasso, thread hijack, but looking at items on PCMAG website, decent tech for sale at an ok price, have you any experience of purchasing through this site? Only deliver to the US but can arrange sent to a friends address then DHL'd over

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion