Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Stena giving 20% off, personally going to give it a couple of days to see what IF come up with?

Hello
    Get a wicked saving!

Grab a frighteningly good 20% off travel to Britain.

No tricks, just a sweet deal on routes from Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard. Book your monster saving by 23 October, and set sail before 5 January 2020.

Knock, knock. That’s a devilish discount at your door. Don’t miss out.So get into the spirit and use offer code TREATME20 to save today.

WHAT’S THE DEAL?
    20% off motorist fares
    Available on Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard routes
    Travel up to 5 January 2020
    Book by 23.00hrs 23 October

Check for other T&C's

As expected Irish Ferries also offering 20% off

Book your break by next Wednesday 23rd October to get your 20% off. You'd be mad not to!

20% off to Britain T&Cs
    Valid on all Irish Sea routes. Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 23 October 2019. Travel from the 20 October up to 5 Jan 2020 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability. Excludes: Next day return fares freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements. Fees for non-web bookings apply. Standard terms & conditions of booking & travel apply. Irish Ferries reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

Was hoping for another 25% off but 20% is better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brianfitz543

This is bit of a cheeky long shot, but has anyone booked with Irish ferries from the UK to Ireland and received the promo code for €75 off at Centre Parcs in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

my3cents wrote: »
    As expected Irish Ferries also offering 20% off

Book your break by next Wednesday 23rd October to get your 20% off. You'd be mad not to!

20% off to Britain T&Cs
    Valid on all Irish Sea routes. Book online and 48hrs in advance and by midnight 23 October 2019. Travel from the 20 October up to 5 Jan 2020 inclusive. New bookings only. Subject to availability. Excludes: Next day return fares freight, bicycles, foot passengers, Sail Rail, land-bridge, inclusive holidays, Tesco travel tokens or any other 3rd party arrangements. Fees for non-web bookings apply. Standard terms & conditions of booking & travel apply. Irish Ferries reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

Was hoping for another 25% off but 20% is better than nothing.

I delayed a long-awaited visit to family in England because of the extortionate prices. I told them we'd come over later in the year. Now I can't book even with 20% off because I've put a bit much other stuff on the credit card…:D:D:eek::eek:

I delayed a long-awaited visit to family in England because of the extortionate prices. I told them we'd come over later in the year. Now I can't book even with 20% off because I've put a bit much other stuff on the credit card…:D:D:eek::eek:

Cheapest trip is always the overnight mid week ones Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can plan to travel at those times then you'll save at least 25% on the price of the peak weekend fairs.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    Cheapest trip is always the overnight mid week ones Tuesday and Wednesday. If you can plan to travel at those times then you'll save at least 25% on the price of the peak weekend fairs.

Yeah, I always travel on the first ferry of the day (not long after midnight) on Wednesdays. Not only the cheapest but I can travel down to Dublin (from Clare) with no traffic problems!

And on the way back from England, the M7 is empty heading up out of Dublin, with traffic chocka on the opposite side…:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Any discounts or deals available for accommodation & travel packages for summer 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Chelle_C

Sorry guys, no codes to offer but just wondered if any of you regular ferry users can advise me.

I've looked up a price today for travel in late December.

If I wait until the end of November to book, are prices likely to shoot up?
    If I were booking flights I wouldn't hang around however I'm not sure if sea travel prices work the same way.

Thanks

Chelle_C wrote: »
    Sorry guys, no codes to offer but just wondered if any of you regular ferry users can advise me.

I've looked up a price today for travel in late December.

If I wait until the end of November to book, are prices likely to shoot up?
    If I were booking flights I wouldn't hang around however I'm not sure if sea travel prices work the same way.

Thanks
    Provided you don't want to travel on a busy day (Fridays and Sundays, I believe) then you've nothing to lose by hanging on for a deal. That's what I'm doing.

The very cheapest crossings are the first one each day, each way - not long after midnight - on Wednesdays.

There's a flash 25% sale on the Stena Line website for anyone interested:

What’s the Deal?

•25% off motorist fares
    •Available on Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Fishguard routes
    •Travel up to 5 January 2020
    •Book by 23.00hrs 5 November

Code: TIMER25

• Advertisement

Irish Ferries are doing the same, 25% off till midnight 6th November. Chelle_C, now's your chance.

Irish Ferries are doing the same, 25% off till midnight 6th November. Chelle_C, now's your chance.

Booked with Stena and I’m delighted with the saving! Couldn’t have come at a better time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭furryhead

Hi, looking at Dublin to Holyhead 9 - 12 December. Nearly €400 at the minute. Does anyone know of any discount code or the likelyhood of one in the next couple of weeks? Never used ferry & car before for travel so not sure if this is a decent deal.Thanks

furryhead wrote: »
    Hi, looking at Dublin to Holyhead 9 - 12 December. Nearly €400 at the minute. Does anyone know of any discount code or the likelyhood of one in the next couple of weeks? Never used ferry & car before for travel so not sure if this is a decent deal.Thanks

That price sounds about right - they just finished a deal and with it I got a return crossing for 2 people and car and cabins for €280.50 but prior to that it was around €420.

Just subscribe to their newsletter and you'll get notified. It's not likely they'll do another deal before your dates but you never know, fingers crossed. Good luck!

Just received this email from STENA, I'm sure you could register as a member if you're not already one to avail of the deal:

Our Black Friday pre-sale is now open to Extra members!

Save up to 25% on all routes by car to Britain and France before everybody else with our Extra loyalty club exclusive.

Book by 4 December 2019 for travel up to 15 December 2020 - simply use the offer code SUPER25 to save.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Just received this email, I'm sure you could register as a member if you're not already one to avail of the deal:

Our Black Friday pre-sale is now open to Extra members!

Save up to 25% on all routes by car to Britain and France before everybody else with our Extra loyalty club exclusive.

Book by 4 December 2019 for travel up to 15 December 2020 - simply use the offer code SUPER25 to save.

From Irish Ferries or Stena?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

I just put it into stena and it worked, discount is only off sailing price, i.e. not cabins or any add ons

54and56 wrote: »
    From Irish Ferries or Stena?

Sorry, Stena

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Sorry, Stena

Nice one, thanks Chelle_C.

I had already booked a one way for car + 2 adults + 1 child + one 4 berth outside cabin on a Flexi Fare basis which cost €694. I cancelled that (cancellation fee of €3) and used your code to rebook the exact same sailing for €586 but for the first time ever it offered me an option to part pay with loyalty points I'd built up over previous years which I did and ended up paying a net of €539 which puts €151 in my pocket thanks to using Flexi Fare for the first booking and the discount code you'd spotted ;)

I'll toast you when having a "free" family meal out during the holiday :D

54and56 wrote: »
    Nice one, thanks Chelle_C.

I had already booked a one way for car + 2 adults + 1 child + one 4 berth outside cabin on a Flexi Fare basis which cost €694. I cancelled that (cancellation fee of €3) and used your code to rebook the exact same sailing for €586 but for the first time ever it offered me an option to part pay with loyalty points I'd built up over previous years which I did and ended up paying a net of €539 which puts €151 in my pocket thanks to using Flexi Fare for the first booking and the discount code you'd spotted ;)

I'll toast you when having a "free" family meal out during the holiday :D

Ah I’m so happy for you!
    It’s only because of this thread I even discovered there was such a thing as discount codes for Stena and saved a good chunk myself last month because of it.
    So I’m delighted to help someone else :)
    Enjoy the holiday and the ‘free’ meal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Got this from the freight company I book with:
    From the first of January 2020 SECA (Sulphur Emissions Control Area) surcharge will be implemented on the Irish sea by all ferry companies.
    For an artic, this will add approximately €25 to €35 for an Irish sea crossing and €50 on an Ireland Europe direct ferries. Vehicles of other lengths will be charged proportionally.
    These surcharges will also fluctuate monthly.
    There will also be some increases in ferry rates for 2020.

I wonder is it going to increase passenger (non freight) costs too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just got email from Stena Line for 25% off Dublin to Holyhead and Rosslare to Fishguard or Cherbourg

Code is

CRACKER25

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mumontherun

Hi, just wondering are there any codes for a return sailing to France this summer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Looking for a P&O one if there is any Larne-Cairnryan

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Any ferry codes for any of the ferries going to France this year?

Stena currently doing €7 one way for foot passengers. Looking at booking Rosslare-Fishguard with family but it seems to take 3 hrs to get from Fishguard to Tenby by train seems crazy for a journey of just over 30 miles.

The Stena Line Terms of Business together with these special conditions apply to all bookings and travel:
    *€7 foot fare applies to travel on Cairnryan/Liverpool to Belfast, Holyhead to Dublin and Fishguard to Rosslare routes. On the Rosslare to Cherbourg route fare is €14 one way by foot for an adult and €9.50 per child.
    **Valid for travel on Irish Sea routes Cairnryan/Liverpool to Belfast, Holyhead to Dublin and Fishguard to Rosslare until 18 December 2020, and valid for travel on the Rosslare to Cherbourg route from 1 April – 31 May and 10 September – 18 December 2020.
    Offer is limited to a promotional allocation, date exclusions may apply and is subject to availability.
    Must be booked 48 hours in advance of travel and by 9 March at 23.00hrs.
    No amendments to the booking are permitted.
    No refunds are permitted.
    This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions including Tesco Clubcard Boost tokens.
    Extra points may be earned but not redeemed.
    Available to book online only.
    The fare quoted is inclusive of all fees and dues.
    Stena Line reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.

https://www.stenaline.ie/supersaver

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

HI,

Missed the boat (sorry!) on the 15% reduced fares for Irish Ferries Dublin-Holyhead route. Had intended to book today but saw that the discount was no longer on the fares. Anyone have a promo code?

Thanks,
    Cog

coggy79 wrote: »
    HI,

Missed the boat (sorry!) on the 15% reduced fares for Irish Ferries Dublin-Holyhead route. Had intended to book today but saw that the discount was no longer on the fares. Anyone have a promo code?

Thanks,
    Cog

Try this 20ISAG

• Registered Users Posts: 33 coggy79

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Try this 20ISAG

Thanks Cape Clear.

Just wondering why the Dublin Swift is not included on this code. Any idea why?

• Advertisement

coggy79 wrote: »

Thanks Cape Clear.

Just wondering why the Dublin Swift is not included on this code. Any idea why?

No idea.

Advertisement