Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wait time for Pandemic Unemployment Payment

Options
  • 18-01-2021 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Just wondering for people on the PUP, does it take long for payment to come through?

I stopped working in the middle of last week and immediately applied online, so far haven't heard back or had any email/correspondence whether its approved or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Check payment notifications on your my welfare site, it will tell you if you will receive a payment today..

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

upinthesky wrote: »
    Check payment notifications on your my welfare site, it will tell you if you will receive a payment today..

I'm supposed to be getting the enhanced illness benefit, applied at 3pm last Thursday and it shows as awarded on mywelfare yet when I check the payment schedule it shows nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just wondering for people on the PUP, does it take long for payment to come through?

I stopped working in the middle of last week and immediately applied online, so far haven't heard back or had any email/correspondence whether its approved or not.

You won't receive any notification on application unless they require additional information, also the portal itself won't update on status of claim for weeks.

Assuming you've met criteria, approval takes a few days. Ideally applications submitted by Wednesday should be in time for processing of payment the following Tuesday (today) so check bank account if you choose that option. Applications after Wednesday are likely to miss payment for following Tuesday. Also be aware the payment is made a week in arrears.

In essence, no news is good news re application. Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭gb19815

Hi is this payment only made on a Tuesday, just applied this morning

gb19815 wrote: »
    Hi is this payment only made on a Tuesday, just applied this morning

Hi, in most circumstances yes, if you've applied to day and all in order, I'd be confident first payment next Tuesday. In rare cases I've seen payment issued on Friday but usually because of an issue with incorrect payment, error or enhanced illness benefit. Keep in mind payment made a week in arrears and again, no notification re application, only if they require additional info or decline, no news good news, good luck

• Advertisement

Hi thanks for replying last worked on the 8th messaged welfare on Twitter , they told me will get 1 weeks payment and arrears at a later date doesn’t make a lot of sense

Hi thanks for replying last worked on the 8th messaged welfare on Twitter , they told me will get 1 weeks payment and arrears at a later date doesn’t make a lot of sense

Well good your approved, arrears sadly has been an issue from the start, indeed arrears stretching back to last March were only paid out in November, they'll have a record and I don't think next arrears will take as long to be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

Well I got an email, to say I've been unsuccessful in application for the PUP...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I applied on the 9th of this month didnt hear anything but checked my account today and it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭SilverKrest

The reason given for turning down application, was I wasn't working at the time of lockdown 1, which was March 2020, however I will apply for jobseekers allowance because I am in the same boat as everyone else temporarily out of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Got laid off last week. Applied last Thursday, didnt hear a thing from them. Money in the bank today. No communication is slightly annoying but money is there so it's being processed which is.the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

On my welfare site it says I've been approved, um but start date is March 27th! Just been on the phone to them and that was an error, my payment is due to start next Tues [finished work last Fri]

[re-edit] As Dempo1 points out below, the March 27th date was my original date from last year, this is my second time going on the payment, unfortunately

On my welfare site it says I've been approved, um but start date is March 27th! Um, that's not a lot of use to me right now, can't through to any of the numbers on the site

Have you just applied a second time or more??

The date your referring to is tge original date you first applied for pup. As explained previously there's NO notification after you've applied, no matter how many times, they'll only contact you if further info required.

Takes a few days to be processed, as long as supplication in by Wed, you should get payment following Tuesday, any later, the following week

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Have you just applied a second time or more??

The date your referring to is tge original date you first applied for pup. As explained previously there's NO notification after you've applied, no matter how many times, they'll only contact you if further info required.

Takes a few days to be processed, as long as supplication in by Wed, you should get payment following Tuesday, any later, the following week

Was editing above as you posted to say I got through and seems all is good, this is the second time for me. You're right it seems, that was my start date last year, cheers for the info :) It made me panic a little have to say when I seen the date this morn

Was editing above as you posted to say I got through and seems all is good, this is the second time for me. You're right it seems, that was my start date last year, cheers for the info :) It made me panic a little have to say when I seen the date this morn

Excellent, also keep in mind the approved you see is also based on original application, but you've called anyway so all good :)

Excellent, also keep in mind the approved you see is also based on original application, but you've called anyway so all good :)

Yeah the original amount is still on there too, I've since been bumped to the higher bracket. Looks like they just 'switch you back on if you've been on it before without updating changed info on the site itself.

I screwed myself the last time I closed the payment btw, something to be aware of for anyone returning to work. I closed it too early the week I returned and never received the final payment, I did get this back later through Intreo. The guy on the phone [who was really helpful, via this number 1890 800 024], stated the PUP payment runs from Fri-Thur, that's where I messed up when I returned to work. I started back on a wednesday [because of extra C-19 training prior to official start], closing it that day meant I didn't get the cut off payment from that Friday. If you start back on a Monday, as most probably would do, then it should be fine, you'll get the payment from the Friday before.

Yeah the original amount is still on there too, I've since been bumped to the higher bracket. Looks like they just 'switch you back on if you've been on it before without updating changed info on the site itself.

I screwed myself the last time I closed the payment btw, something to be aware of for anyone returning to work. I closed it too early the week I returned and never received the final payment, I did get this back later through Intreo. The guy on the phone [who was really helpful, via this number 1890 800 024], stated the PUP payment runs from Fri-Thur, that's where I messed up when I returned to work. I started back on a wednesday [because of extra C-19 training prior to official start], closing it that day meant I didn't get the cut off payment from that Friday. If you start back on a Monday, as most probably would do, then it should be fine, you'll get the payment from the Friday before.

Just be aware the amount awarded (payment) will be based on most recent gross pay, basically they'll look at the four weeks prior to reapplying, so if you earned €400 gross or more pw, you'll get €350, less than €400 it will be €300 etc etc

Hi I applied yday got message on there saying approved, has everyone only got 1 week in first payment ? As I last worked on the 8th ! Anyone wanting to contact them they are very responsive on Twitter !

Just be aware the amount awarded (payment) will be based on most recent gross pay, basically they'll look at the four weeks prior to reapplying, so if you earned €400 gross or more pw, you'll get €350, less than €400 it will be €300 etc etc

I was on over 400 with wages and JS payment [for days not worked] combined, he said that I was down for the full amount so it must be that they combine payments for casual workers

Hi I applied yday got message on there saying approved, has everyone only got 1 week in first payment ? As I last worked on the 8th ! Anyone wanting to contact them they are very responsive on Twitter !

Assuming it's PUP your referring too, Not sure how you got a message saying approved, you may be the first person in Ireland to have received that, check the date of message. Also if approved showing its from original date of application. There are NO notifications of approval after applying.

First payment will be one week, any arrears dealt with seperatly

• Advertisement

I was on over 400 with wages and JS payment [for days not worked] combined, he said that I was down for the full amount so it must be that they combine payments for casual workers

Hmmm, I'd be concerned about that, they only count taxable earnings through PAYE, I don't believe they ever include SW payments as an income for the purposes of determining PUP rate amount, I hope I'm wrong. You also raise another issue, you can have two SW payments at once? You may need to get back onto them ASAP

Hmmm, I'd be concerned about that, they only count taxable earnings through PAYE, I don't believe they ever include SW payments as an income for the purposes of determining PUP rate amount, I hope I'm wrong. You also raise another issue, you can have two SW payments at once? You may need to get back onto them ASAP

No, I only got JS for 2 days p.w when part time working, I've closed that before applying for the PUP, this was instructed by Intreo so all legit. It's what I had to do last time too. I just leave the calculating to them, I didn't request any specific tier just filled everything in honestly, so it should all be fine. They have access to your revenue info so I'm sure they have it right

No, I only got JS for 2 days p.w when part time working, I've closed that before applying for the PUP, this was instructed by Intreo so all legit. It's what I had to do last time too. I just leave the calculating to them, I didn't request any specific tier just filled everything in honestly, so it should all be fine. They have access to your revenue info so I'm sure they have it right

Ahh yes I understand now, perfect :)

Find it here

Has anyone been paid recently from this , is the issue still the same around arrears been paid ? Or has anyone had them paid recently what was the timeframe ?

We are talking about pup payment so that’s what I’m talking about.

I was referring to arrears , anyway u take your smart answers somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Has anyone been paid recently from this , is the issue still the same around arrears been paid ? Or has anyone had them paid recently what was the timeframe ?

Some arrears were paid to people on 12 January 2021.

Advertisement