Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Polygon 9.5

Not that reviews really mean much for this, we know what we're getting, but a decent write up!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have the multiplayer patch downloaded and rearing to go, roll on Tuesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

my pre-order is off shop4ie.com, anyone order off them before? hope i don't have to wait too long to get it..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,134 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm buying retail. So I still have to wait until Tuesday then spend about 24 hours downloading it :(

2MB line :(:(

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm buying retail. So I still have to wait until Tuesday then spend about 24 hours downloading it :(

2MB line :(:(

Yeah 3mb line here which is one of the main reasons I went digital to get it pre-loaded well in advance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Is that the 20GB download? I presume that means only minor patches might be necessary on the day?

Dades wrote: »
    Is that the 20GB download? I presume that means only minor patches might be necessary on the day?

Yeah that's the one. Set the xbox to instant on so it downloads updates automatically and it should start downloading it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Seriously good deal here:

Just so I am reading this right:
    The xbox comes with Discs of Halo and COD, and a download for Forza?

e92335i wrote: »
    Just so I am reading this right:
    The xbox comes with Discs of Halo and COD, and a download for Forza?

Yeah i think so, that's what it looks like to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭oisinog

Seriously good deal here:

How do I talk my missus into getting me that for christams and giving it to me earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

oisinog wrote: »
    How do I talk my missus into getting me that for christams and giving it to me earlier

Ha. If you figure that out do tell us. I've got a special lady I'd like to share it with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone know where the best price for this is on launch?

Any-other bundle offers out there?

I want to buy the console bundle on the day of release - waiting for shipping from UK will drive me mad.

Apparently the Halo 3 stuff doesn't look great, hopefully it's something they will patch as it looks like a lighting bug but at them moment the 360 version actually looks better if these screen shots are to be believed:

360:

dRzhFfHl.jpg

One:

vcHgg2Pl.png

Something looks off with that screenshot - has this been reported by more than one source?

Really hoping this is not the case, H3 is the game I am most looking forward to.

So what time tomorrow will this be playable for us here in Eire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

So what time tomorrow will this be playable for us here in Eire?

I would also like to know this- I'm off tomorrow so if it's midnight then excellent.

It's midnight tonight as far as I know. I won't get near it until tomorrow though unfortunately :(

Tomorrow it is then! Can't be dealing with staying up that late these days. :p

Might give Destiny it's last run before it's consigned to the heap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'l be waiting till the morning, I'm buying physical so. Gonna make a new gamertag as well,.

Turned on the Xbox this morning to see a prompt to launch Halo!

The bad news is I had to go to work... but the good news is I got to start another required 15GB download which I now won't be bitching and screaming about have to get when I get home to play. :)

Anyone been playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have played 3 campaign missions

CE is a lot harder on legendary than I remember it being! Pistol much harder to get headshots with

Seems to be some issues with Matchmaking and only got one game in, Assault on classic Zanzibar. Real blast from the past :)

Played a bit of CE but haven't managed to get into a game of multiplayer at all yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Question re the different skulls that you can unlock depending on how you bought the game...

Do they only offer the advantage in certain scenarios? E.g. purchasers on the digital store can collect the "Boom Skull for the Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign" on the remade Halo:CE. I assume this means the extra grenade damage only works during the H2 campaign and not, for example, in matchmaking?

EDIT: Just reading about skulls here - WTF do they do?! Sounds like they hobble you rather than help you...

Question re the different skulls that you can unlock depending on how you bought the game...

Do they only offer the advantage in certain scenarios? E.g. purchasers on the digital store can collect the "Boom Skull for the Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign" on the remade Halo:CE. I assume this means the extra grenade damage only works during the H2 campaign and not, for example, in matchmaking?

EDIT: Just reading about skulls here - WTF do they do?! Sounds like they hobble you rather than help you...

I have unlimited ammo skull for CE...I'm certain it will come in handy on legendary playing library level with a rocket launcher :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sSmidge

Anybody want to play MM with me? I use to play halo like 7 years ago a lot but now all my xbox friends seem to have grown up except for me.

Add me on XBL xX Smidgeee Xx

This is a frickin disaster!

Can't get one match going in any of the lobbies.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts

Campaigns look great but am not interested, frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 sSmidge

I've been home from work since 5 and I've found 3 games in the past 5 hours. In all of them my team mates have had no thumbs.

Advertisement