Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

really? Your easily pleased. Thats a good thing not dissing you or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

Just seen this on a mag cover today and was shocked:eek: Surely she isin't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Cpaw

According to 'new!' mag, she is pregnant. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Did you open the mag and actually read it? Most of the time what is on the cover is not what they are saying in the article. Usually a headline like "Ashley Pregnant?!" means "Is she Pregnant" most people don't notice the ? Anyway would it be so shocking if she was? She is married after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Wicknight wrote: »
    She is a rich private school girl who wants to do "urban music" because she doesn't have to get a real job.
    +1
    r3nu4l wrote: »
    Bazmo, coming from a wealthy background does not mean you can't be a scumbag!! They are not mutually exclusive!

I know at least one wealthy f*ck from a wealthy background who is a complete scumbag and someone I wouldn't piss on if he was on fire!
    Agreed. But her background isn't "street"/"ghetto" and a lot of new-monied types can be scummy but she's not new-monied either.
    Lee501 wrote: »
    i dont think cheryl deserves anything what u say boout her she won the xfactor first time on the telly u should be all prod of her lilly allen causes problums
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph... Boards.ie has temporarily become Bebo'd/YouTubed!
    Cpaw wrote: »
    Just seen this on a mag cover today and was shocked:eek: Surely she isin't?
    She's a 25-year-old married woman - what's so shocking about it?

I like Lily Allen though, but I hate the way she gets all teary when someone takes a pot shot at her weight - I thought she was all feisty and "couldn't-give-a-sh1t". Getting upset is playing into their hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Lee501 wrote: »
    i love cheryl she is the best thing ever

Lee501. By your post I'd say you are quite young but believe me Cheryl Cole is not a good role model just because she is pretty and on television. She is an embarassment to women particularly when she forgave her husband after him sleeping with some trollop and having it splashed acrossed the papers. I don't want to be superficial and slag her off on her appearance but if you consider somebody who has a Body Mass Index of less than 18 (seriously unhealthy) and a back full of tramp stamps attractive, well you really need to stop paying so much attention to magazines and reality shows.

Sorry not meaning to sound harsh but I am in an industry where I see this type of media potrayal ruining young peoples lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's fair enough to say she's exquisitely beautiful but she is just too thin to be healthy. The thing is, I don't think I've ever heard anyone remark her body at the moment looks great - in fact the opposite - but she's still getting lots of exposure and all of it positive, so that's enough for 13-year-olds to aspire to have a bod like her. I know when I was 14/15 I wanted a body like Kate Moss's and I would have been a generally quite single-minded teen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dudess wrote: »
    It's fair enough to say she's exquisitely beautiful but she is just too thin to be healthy. The thing is, I don't think I've ever heard anyone remark her body at the moment looks great - in fact the opposite - but she's still getting lots of exposure and all of it positive, so that's enough for 13-year-olds to aspire to have a bod like her. I know when I was 14/15 I wanted a body like Kate Moss's and I would have been a generally quite single-minded teen.

Pics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd love a body... anybody.... me so horny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This is not After Hours. Check where you are before posting or bans will be issued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Cpaw wrote: »
    According to 'new!' mag, she is pregnant. :confused:

Uh oh, now she'll have to eat something.

No pics so? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Kold wrote: »
    No pics so? :(

Refer to post 29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

i think cheryl tweedy belongs on a council estate,she just got lucky
    Who the **** are you to say that somebody belongs on a council estate you arrogant, self-righteous fool. I can't stand the girl(s) or this thread but at least they have made half respectable livings for themselves and will hopefully give their children a better chance in life than if they grew up in a council estate.

The more people not in council estates the better.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

K4t banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 fiona3953

Neesa wrote: »
    True.

People tend to forget that Girls Aloud come from a Reality show just like the X Factor.. Back then the likes of Pop Idol weren't making money like the X Factor does now and didn't have as big a financial backing!

Let's be honest nobody thought the girls would make an album after their xmas number 1.. They've had it tough and lived out of cars in the early stages of the band, whereas Alexandra Burke was given a penthouse apartment and a sweetener cheque to start her off! :rolleyes:

I have to say though i wouldn't have ever called myself a fan of theirs until Cheryl joined the X Factor.. She may be from a council estate in Newcastle but she has proved that it doesn't matter where you come from or who you are you can achieve success! It's inspiring.. :D
    lubie76 wrote: »
    Lee501. By your post I'd say you are quite young but believe me Cheryl Cole is not a good role model just because she is pretty and on television. She is an embarassment to women particularly when she forgave her husband after him sleeping with some trollop and having it splashed acrossed the papers. I don't want to be superficial and slag her off on her appearance but if you consider somebody who has a Body Mass Index of less than 18 (seriously unhealthy) and a back full of tramp stamps attractive, well you really need to stop paying so much attention to magazines and reality shows.

Sorry not meaning to sound harsh but I am in an industry where I see this type of media potrayal ruining young peoples lives.

And as for her "tramp stamps" I have tattoos and they are a form of art although mine's on my wrist and hip I don't think people's personal choice of how they decorate their body a reason for slating them.!
    Her weight plummeted with the media scrutiny about her marriage and to be fair you can't slate her for taking him back.. it happens everyday and not in the spotlight! I feel sorry for her to be honest and think that for what she went through in her early life you would too!

Even if you're not a fan read their book honestly I wasn't that interested but got it as a christmas pressie and it is a very good read!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

fiona3953 wrote: »
    Her weight plummeted with the media scrutiny about her marriage and to be fair you can't slate her for taking him back.. it happens everyday and not in the spotlight!
    Why can't you slate her for taking him back?

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why can't you slate her for taking him back?

Well it's her own business! You can't judge her when you don't know all the circumstances! Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

What the hell is wrong with her either being from or how you put it "belongs in" a council estate.. So what??? does that mean shes not allowed improve herself or be famous?

seriously, some stuck up gob****es on here..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I initially thought she was a gobby knack with fake t*ts. Bear in mind she was just 18 when she first got into the spotlight.

On X-Factor she comes across as a warm hearted, sensitive, caring, head strong and honest person that won't be manipulated or bullied by anyone.

For people complaining that she's promoting a negative body image: She lost the weight when her marriage fell apart! You can't blame her. Then she put most of the weight back on. She has to do a lot of working out and dancing because she's in a girl band, and part of her job is to look good.

I think she's growing into a dignified and beautiful woman that is a good role model. She tells it like it is, she never claimed not to be a Geordie girl from a council estate. At least she has done well for herself and not as a trampy WAG.

One last thing, how can you judge someone negatively for sticking to her wedding vows?

• Advertisement

neil_hosey wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with her either being from or how you put it "belongs in" a council estate.. So what??? does that mean shes not allowed improve herself or be famous?

seriously, some stuck up gob****es on here..

I agree with you completely! All this judging someone over who they are or where they are from is ridiculous!
    I actually hate all this glorification of celebrities and the fixation people have of who they are and where they're from.. whether they're thin or fat or orange or pale!

Is she doing an honest day's work? Yes. Is she entertaining? Yes.

So what else matters!?

Is she doing an honest day's work? Yes. Is she entertaining? Yes.

lol

ye.. aswell, some one called her talentless. Is this jealousy or something because Im pretty sure she is/was the head singer of Girls Aloud. Dont have any facts about how well the group done, but I certainly do remember alot of singles going number one with Cheryl as head singer? correct me if Im wrong????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Cole said Victoria Beckham was an idiot for taking back David after his affair and that she couldnt do that - yet now she has

hypocrite

Victoria and David have children which of course would factor in any descision

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well it's her own business! You can't judge her when you don't know all the circumstances! Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors!
    Well anybody that releases an Autobiography in their mid twenties is obviously an attention whore and is thereby leaving every aspect of their life open to scrutiny and judgement.

ye.. aswell, some one called her talentless. Is this jealousy or something because Im pretty sure she is/was the head singer of Girls Aloud. Dont have any facts about how well the group done, but I certainly do remember alot of singles going number one with Cheryl as head singer? correct me if Im wrong????
    If by "Head Singer" you mean "Worst Singer" well then yes she is the "Head Singer"

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well anybody that releases an Autobiography in their mid twenties is obviously an attention whore and is thereby leaving every aspect of their life open to scrutiny and judgement.

If by "Head Singer" you mean "Worst Singer" well then yes she is the "Head Singer"

Oh come on all girl bands and boy bands release books! It's a book about the band with all their own inputs! It's all band based with "where they were before" Nothing really personal! They've been going for nearly 7 years so I don't see the big deal in having a book!!!

She isn't the worst singer.. in my opinion she's second to Nicola who would be the best singer!! It's the Sarah one I don't like.. I know she has a rep of being drunk constantly but she goes on about "being sober" in every interview she's on!! Now she's the attention seeking one!!

Why has Aphex Twin never had a number one single? Lack of talent?

Kold wrote: »
    Why has Aphex Twin never had a number one single? Lack of talent?

I dont know lol, you tell me??

because he does some electro dance crap that alot of people dont listen to.. see its easy to put people down... dont understand why people do it though. :confused:

why didnt *insert some other band/group/artist/DJ??? who is at the top of their game* get a number 1?
    I think alot of the bitchiness towards people like cheryl cole is down to jealousy and i can nearly see it in some of the posts lol, I can only speak for myself here, but anyone who, coming from a less well off background, does VERY well for themselves is a great thing and i just find it sad seeing people having a go at them to make them feel a little better.. just an observation, not directed at any particular person

Well my point is that Cheryl Coles musical talent is infitisimal compared to Mr James. It's not her talent that gets her to number one, is that hot ass of hers. And the fact that pop music is not about talent.

• Advertisement

see thats where the whole thing of difference in opinion come in. I actually think any kind of electronic music requires very little natural talent, and PERSONALLY that any kind of electro dance music is rubbish. But I dont go around slating these DJ's because I don't like what they do or think that they should have any kind of fame..

there are alot of good looking women in this world, if it was all about looks how come better looking women than cheryl cole havent done as well as her? She can obviously sing, are you denying shes not a great singer? Didnt she win some competition like X factor to get into Girls Aloud??

Dont know really how I got into this conversation actually because I dont listen to pop music, but its not the groups or bands in pop music that are in the wrong is it? is it their fault for using what they have to make a few quid? NO.. but you, for some reason try to blame cheryl cole for the short comings of some DJ.. im fairly baffled and prob best I dont comment on this anymore.

Advertisement