Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Dempo1 wrote: »
    The verification could be an issue albeit you mention is says submitted. We're you not able to update mobile number before submitting? Also if you couldn't verify how we're you able to proceed with application? If you've submitted, I'm guessing you were able to get into your mywelfare? Confused now

A person doesn't need a verified account to apply for PUP. A basic account is enough.

Mobile number can't be changed unless the person has access to the original mobile number, logs in then changes it.

If there's no access to old number a new account has to be created using a new email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34

Hi just one more question.I went in today to the PO and got paid.Am I getting paid tomorrow as on the slip today it says pay period 01/01 -07/01.Not sure what way it goes and was thinking the pay I collected today was for last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Hi just one more question.I went in today to the PO and got paid.Am I getting paid tomorrow as on the slip today it says pay period 01/01 -07/01.Not sure what way it goes and was thinking the pay I collected today was for last week.

This is very confusing, so your not being paid via bank then?

The payment you recieved today is correct and no, there's not a second payment tomorrow, the payment is made a week in arrears. Glad you got payment.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This is very confusing, so your not being paid via bank then?

The payment you recieved today is correct and no, there's not a second payment tomorrow, the payment is made a week in arrears. Glad you got payment.

Yes in local post office.A friend who has been on normal SW told me he is able to collect his Tuesday payment on a Monday so I just went in and it was there.Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Weffer

Great question, I too am wondering, if on the Back to work Enterprise Allowance, and it’s due to reduce to 75%, can you be kept on 100% of payment in yr 2 instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

Hi everyone. Hope your all well.

I was working part time on weekends(4/5 hours) which ended with the level 5 lockdown. I was not registered with revenue for this job though
    as my wages were very small so I never registered it.
    I applied for PUP when work stoped for me and I have gotten a few payments in. I was just wondering how the tax repayment thing is going to apply to me if I am not even registered with revenue for the job.

Hi everyone. Hope your all well.

I was working part time on weekends(4/5 hours) which ended with the level 5 lockdown. I was not registered with revenue for this job though
    as my wages were very small so I never registered it.
    I applied for PUP when work stoped for me and I have gotten a few payments in. I was just wondering how the tax repayment thing is going to apply to me if I am not even registered with revenue for the job.

Your automatically registered through your pps number which I assume you have, any payments made by your employer through a payroll system is notified to revenue.

Tax will apply to all PUP payments and without a pps number you wouldn't be receiving PUP.

There's no need to be alarmed, any tax owed can be paid over 4 years, I suspect you'll have very little and may even get a refund. You need to go to revenue.ie and check your statement of Liability, everyone is getting one as of last Friday.

Your automatically registered through your pps number which I assume you have, any payments made by your employer through a payroll system is notified to revenue.

Tax will apply to all PUP payments and without a pps number you wouldn't be receiving PUP.

There's no need to be alarmed, any tax owed can be paid over 4 years, I suspect you'll have very little and may even get a refund. You need to go to revenue.ie and check your statement of Liability, everyone is getting one as of last Friday.

went on to revenue.ie , nothing has been issued on my statement of liability.

I get paid directly into my bank account by the club. it never goes through a payroll. ye I was earning 70 euro a week on average so thats why the club never bothered registered me through the payroll. so not really sure how the tax thing is going to apply to me

went on to revenue.ie , nothing has been issued on my statement of liability.

I get paid directly into my bank account by the club. it never goes through a payroll. ye I was earning 70 euro a week on average so thats why the club never bothered registered me through the payroll. so not really sure how the tax thing is going to apply to me

I remember our previous discussion :)

I understand what your saying re wages but aside from this, your PUP payments and any taxable income is recorded by revenue.

I'm assuming your in my account in revenue? If so look for review my taxes for 2017/2020, there should be a statement of Liability there saying available, click and review, it will list all income, tax free allowances etc for 2020, more importantly it will show underpayment (not so good) or over payment (good)

Just as an aside the site was all over the place some delays in SOL being issued.

You then need to confirm, go through the motions, if your due refund, make sure you bank details updated etc.

I'm not going to get into the entire process, just follow instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mark2912

Just asking a quick question regarding PUP for a friend...

They worked in non-essential retail and finished up on the 2nd of January. They got their final wages on Friday 8th of January and applied for the PUP payment last Thursday (14th) and received their 300 for this week yesterday.

As it is two weeks since they received their final wages from their job, shouldn't their PUP claim have been backdated back to last weeks payment (12th)? As in they should've gotten 600 in total this week (300 for this week and 300 for last week)...

Thanks
    Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

mark2912 wrote: »

They worked in non-essential retail and finished up on the 2nd of January. They got their final wages on Friday 8th of January and applied for the PUP payment last Thursday (14th) and received their 300 for this week yesterday.

As it is two weeks since they received their final wages from their job, shouldn't their PUP claim have been backdated back to last weeks payment (12th)? As in they should've gotten 600 in total this week (300 for this week and 300 for last week)...

Thanks
    Mark

They should have applied sooner.
    No one gets backdating in their first payment.
    The first round of PUP claimants back in April didn't get backdating until December 2020.
    They should get it eventually - but it could be a long wait.

mark2912 wrote: »

Thanks
    Mark

The payment is made a week in arrears, it's applicable from date of application rather than last date of wage payment. If there are arrears, these are dealt with seperatly and won't be paid for a while unfortunately. Arrears have been an issue from the outset unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

Hi folks, a quick one for anyone who has applied before. My dad has been placed on lay off for the first time due to the pandemic. He applied online and the application came up as 'awarded' and shortly after disappeared from his my welfare account and now there is no sign that he ever applied for this.

He also had been receiving a short-time work support payment which he closed before applying for the covid pandemic payment and it still clearly shows that this was closed successfully.

Thanks in advance
    Spideoige

Spideoige wrote: »
    Hi folks, a quick one for anyone who has applied before. My dad has been placed on lay off for the first time due to the pandemic. He applied online and the application came up as 'awarded' and shortly after disappeared from his my welfare account and now there is no sign that he ever applied for this.

He also had been receiving a short-time work support payment which he closed before applying for the covid pandemic payment and it still clearly shows that this was closed successfully.

Thanks in advance
    Spideoige

Morning, if it's your dad's first time applying, ignore the awarded bit, unfortunately the SW portal causes confusion, the awarded he might have seen would be to do with any current claims, perhaps the short term hours support. For example, if I was on pup last April, signed off and then went back a few months to apply again, the portal will show awarded, even before I start, this awarded reflects original date I was awarded PUP.

He's done tge right thing in closing the short hours claim before starting.

Now, with regards to new or additional PUP claims, there is NO notifications, in essence no news is good news, they will only contact him if additional info required or declined. If you look in the notifications area, there might (only might) be an acknowledgement of application.

You don't mention what day he applied, if an application is done before or on Wednesday of a given week, payment usually issued following TUESDAY, any later, it's likely it will be following week.

For peace of mind, I'd get him to call Monday, they are very helpfull and will confirm if he's applied correctly (avoid doing 2nd application as it may restart clock etc) until he's spoken to them.

Good luck in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

Morning, if it's your dad's first time applying, ignore the awarded bit, unfortunately the SW portal causes confusion, the awarded he might have seen would be to do with any current claims, perhaps the short term hours support. For example, if I was on pup last April, signed off and then went back a few months to apply again, the portal will show awarded, even before I start, this awarded reflects original date I was awarded PUP.

He's done tge right thing in closing the short hours claim before starting.

Now, with regards to new or additional PUP claims, there is NO notifications, in essence no news is good news, they will only contact him if additional info required or declined. If you look in the notifications area, there might (only might) be an acknowledgement of application.

You don't mention what day he applied, if an application is done before or on Wednesday of a given week, payment usually issued following TUESDAY, any later, it's likely it will be following week.

For peace of mind, I'd get him to call Monday, they are very helpfull and will confirm if he's applied correctly (avoid doing 2nd application as it may restart clock etc) until he's spoken to them.

Good luck in the mean time

Thank you very much, that clarifies a lot. He was worried that he did something wrong as he wouldn't typically use the online portal system and I'm not very familiar with it myself. I will advise him to call next week and see that everything is in order or if there is anything needed that it can be fixed.

Spideoige wrote: »
    Thank you very much, that clarifies a lot. He was worried that he did something wrong as he wouldn't typically use the online portal system and I'm not very familiar with it myself. I will advise him to call next week and see that everything is in order or if there is anything needed that it can be fixed.

I'm sure he'll be sorted, good luck to him :)

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Hi all

Been told to self isolate for 17 days as wife has tested positive

Does anyone know how you can recieve pandemic payment if you have no public services card

Online portal for payment says I can't verify my account without it

Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    Hi all

Been told to self isolate for 17 days as wife has tested positive

Does anyone know how you can recieve pandemic payment if you have no public services card

Online portal for payment says I can't verify my account without it

Hi, sorry to hear this, you do not require public service card. Your looking for enhanced illness benefit. You'll need a basic mywelfare account.

Very important you have proof of being requested to self isolate, a screen shot of text or communication stating you have to self isolate.

If you search enhanced illness benefit, the link will show up.

Basic mywelfare account requires email address and mobile number, good luck

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Hi, sorry to hear this, you do not require public service card. Your looking for enhanced illness benefit. You'll need a basic mywelfare account.

Very important you have proof of being requested to self isolate, a screen shot of text or communication stating you have to self isolate.

If you search enhanced illness benefit, the link will show up.

Basic mywelfare account requires email address and mobile number, good luck

Perfect thank you Dempo, found it there

Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    Perfect thank you Dempo, found it there

No problem :)

• Advertisement

What hour of the day is the payment lodged to bank accounts does anyone know?

Very much depends on your bank, some payments appear late Monday but mainly Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

It shows up at different times depending on your bank, my daughter is with UB, she usually gets payment around 10pm Monday night. I’m with Ptsb, lodgement usually 11.45pm -12am.

Thanks for the quick responses.I am with BOI so will check tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'm with Ulster Bank and it's showing in my account now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Hi all. Just wondering what the average turn around time is for enhanced covid illness benefit? I tested positive on 16 applied for payment on 17th and haven’t heard anything back. Originally I applied for 10 days as that’s what the text message said but ended up out of work for full 2 weeks. I was still coughing and the lady on HSE helpline said I need to be symptom free for 48hrs before it’s safe to return to work. Am I able to claim for the extra few days? If so do I need to contact my gp and see if he will give me a cert? My husband was also out with covid. He was worse than me and ended up in hospital he hasn’t heard anything back about his claim either. He sent screenshot of original text and the letter from GP to extend his time off when he got out of hospital. Is that all he needs to send? I thought we would have heard something by now. I’m wondering did I do something wrong.

Thank all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Weffer

Hoping someone can help, am on BTWEA and due to start where 2 where I would have to reduce to 75% of payment, business is not earning enough for that and I'm hoping in light of the current situation I could be kept at 100% , I really don't know how to approach it.
    I found this but not sure if it applies or who I would even speak to?
    https://www.midl.ie/index.php/news/180-btwea-important-notice-from-the-deasp
    Important notice from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection...
    Back to Work Enterprise Allowance (BTWEA)

COVID-19
    Revised payment arrangements with immediate effect

Where self-employed participants of BTWEA have to cease trading because of the impact of social distancing, they can continue to receive their BTWEA weekly payment from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. No further action is required from the customer where they wish to continue on the scheme.

Where a participant in year two of their claim presents with financial difficulty (in receipt of a reduced 75% rate of payment), an adjustment can be made to their weekly rate on ISTS to revert to the year one rate of their claim (i.e. increase to 100%).

Where a customer’s BTWEA ends following the 2 year period they can be advised to apply for the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment and Jobseekers supports.

Hi
    I've been on the PUP
    I just realised since this last lockdown I've been on the PUP,
    I was not making prsi contribution in the last 4 weeks to my unemployment ending.
    Was this always in the rules or a new rule?
    So I guess I've been not entitled to it.
    Does any one know what the consequences of this might be for me and what may happen?
    Even though I had not made the prsi contributions, they still awarded me it when I made my application and they must of over looked it.
    Could I get in big trouble here?

Hi
    I've been on the PUP
    I just realised since this last lockdown I've been on the PUP,
    I was not making prsi contribution in the last 4 weeks to my unemployment ending.
    Was this always in the rules or a new rule?
    So I guess I've been not entitled to it.
    Does any one know what the consequences of this might be for me and what may happen?
    Even though I had not made the prsi contributions, they still awarded me it when I made my application and they must of over looked it.
    Could I get in big trouble here?

It is unfortunately true that they assess 4 weeks contributions prior to being awarded PUP a second/3rd time. My guess however is because of sudden level 5 lockdown after Christmas and high volumes reapplying, they might have relaxed the rules. I don't think you need to be concerned, they wouldn't have awarded you if there was an issue.

• Advertisement

It is unfortunately true that they assess 4 weeks contributions prior to being awarded PUP a second/3rd time. My guess however is because of sudden level 5 lockdown after Christmas and high volumes reapplying, they might have relaxed the rules. I don't think you need to be concerned, they wouldn't have awarded you if there was an issue.
    Well I suppose I'm liable, but it's their vault aswell for awarding me it when they are supposed to check it.
    I'm afraid a number of months down the line, perhaps start of next year they will say I was not allowed the PUP and I could be in legal trouble maybe? Or liable for lot of money

Advertisement