Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Elder Scrolls 6???

2»

Comments

paulbok wrote: »

By the sounds of that interview, it's still years away and probably not something we're going to see on the current gen consoles. Who knows how long is "very long" but I'd hazard a guess at 5 years.

I'm all for them taking time to realise and perfect their ideal step for the next game, but something to keep us going in between, like a Skyrim 1.5 rather than a full sequel or next installment in the Elder Scrolls series, would have been nice for the fans and highly profitable for the studio too I reckon.

Skyrim was massive in its attraction. It drew many new fans into the Elder Scrolls series, many who are salivating for the next fix in a 'shut up and take my money' fashion. I am one of them. The DLC they released for the game, the two which actually added story content to the game (Dragonborn and Dawnguard) were great IMO and added many hours of enjoyment to the game. However, with the size of the game, the story, the lore and the critical/consumer response, it is disappointing that Bethesda didn't add to these two DLCs in the years since. Hearthfire is grand for building a big house to stash all of your loot and harvest your own ingredients, but that's about it.

When Bethesda let someone else take the reigns with one of their properties, Obsidian released Fallout: New Vegas and its array of DLCs. It's a gem of a game and makes me wonder what an Obsidian Elder Scrolls game would have been like just to keep us ticking over until 2020 or later, when it seems Bethesda might finally be ready to do it themselves.

Time and patience is one thing, but the potential 10 year wait between Skyrim and the next installment is taking the piss a bit IMO.

Bethesda, the George RR Martin of game studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

VI has been started at least. Official confirmation over the weekend.

No other info yet though.

Guessing 2 years?
    With proper trailers and details this time next year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

VI has been started at least. Official confirmation over the weekend.

No other info yet though.

Guessing 2 years?
    With proper trailers and details this time next year?

At least ..in the meantime I'd be curious to see what Elder Scrolls Blades turns out like...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

*wets self*

How long are they going to make us wait for it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Toots wrote: »
    *wets self*

How long are they going to make us wait for it???

459227.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

11/11/11 - It's depressing to think how far back that actually was.

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    11/11/11 - It's depressing to think how far back that actually was.

It'll soon be old enough to Port on to a smartphone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

And I still havent finished it despite having it since release day! (and more recently on the switch)

Grassey wrote: »
    And I still havent finished it despite having it since release day! (and more recently on the switch)

Your fault so, :P
    Bethesda are waiting for you to finish that one before releasing another

• Advertisement

Listened to a review of a Bethesda publicity piece/ interview recently and the reviewer (Gopher on YouTube) reckons ES6 is unlikely out next year, and could be as far away as 2023 :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Reinstalled Skyrim for the umpteenth time the other day; still haven't got around to finishing the Main Quest :) This time I promised myself but... one forked road later ....! :D

Not surprised by the 2023 release date: they may be uniquely bug-filled games but they're so dense with plot, locations and character it doesn't surprise they take so long to build.

Wish there were more games like them out there, hankering for some Open World exploration and adventure (that isn't The Witcher)

Rumours or remasters, so possible re-release of older titles
    Link to review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Rumours or remasters, so possible re-release of older titles
    Link to review.

I would donate my legs for Morrowind VR or Oblivion VR

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To tide people over, the Skywind (a full conversion of Morrowind into the Skyrim 'engine') dev. team released a gameplay video as part of GamesCom

Advertisement