Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 v 2 seater kayak

• 14-06-2021 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hey.

Buying a kayak but not sure which type.
    1 seater as I’ll prob go solo most of the time, but 2 person trip sounds fun.

If I had a 2 seater is it too big to handle for a solo trip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

My 2-seater sit on top can be paddled solo and I have done for short distance only, although I suspect it would be less stable than when you have additional weight at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭john jameson

Iv just bought a 2 seater kayak few weeks back and my reason being are for the kids... more room onboard!!

My opinion on the dubble if your solo is....its slower as u sit much further back so the front goes up and u push water out of the way more so than glide trough it!! There is more boat forward of u and breeze can keep pushing the bow about !! Lastly forget about paddling from the front seat as the back of the boat goes up and will keep trying to come around to meet you lol.

I'd go a single if your a solo paddler but the dubble is handy for a passenger or possibly gear if camping trip is on the cards ...

Advertisement