Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCA Exemptions

• 27-05-2021 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I am interested in studying for the ACCA's and applied for exemptions. I graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Business Level 8 Add On, which entitled me as per the exemptions calculator to exemptions for BT,MA,FA and LW. I applied for this but was only granted BT.

I appealed this and I was requested to provide transcripts, further proof of degrees etc I did this and also provided a letter from IT Sligo confirming my qualification.

I have now been told that I will not be considered for the degree I earned but instead for a Bachelors Degree in General Business Management, graduating in 2012.

I am a bit lost as I never studied the degree they are referring to.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar? I'm really confused as to why I'm being told to select the wrong degree/year of graduation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

dougiey wrote: »
    HI Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I am interested in studying for the ACCA's and applied for exemptions. I graduated in 2014 with a Bachelor of Business Level 8 Add On, which entitled me as per the exemptions calculator to exemptions for BT,MA,FA and LW. I applied for this but was only granted BT.

I appealed this and I was requested to provide transcripts, further proof of degrees etc I did this and also provided a letter from IT Sligo confirming my qualification.

I have now been told that I will not be considered for the degree I earned but instead for a Bachelors Degree in General Business Management, graduating in 2012.

I am a bit lost as I never studied the degree they are referring to.

Does anyone have any experience with something similar? I'm really confused as to why I'm being told to select the wrong degree/year of graduation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Go back to them and explained them asking if they are mixing the results from somebody else's script with yours. If you didn't do that degree they should not be asking you about it.

Also checked the details for your degree to see if there was an intermediate step in 2012, and maybe you got an additional degree or something happened around that time that might what is causing the confusion.

IHTH

Advertisement