Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poster keeps encouraging people to break travel rules

• 25-05-2021 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭

The travel forum has a resident "don't listen to the government/nphet/Gardai" and travel anyway" expert". He's been encouraging people to break the rules for months now and sharing how he does it. While it understand this kind of thing is ok on the Covid forum, surely it's not ok in Travel?
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thread moved from Feedback

Forum specific issues, and complaints about users, are dealt with in Help Desk

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP, I've had a look at your reported posts and can see the user you are referring to. It's possible one of the CMods will respond here, but if not I'll have a look when I get chance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Beasty wrote: »
    OP, I've had a look at your reported posts and can see the user you are referring to. It's possible one of the CMods will respond here, but if not I'll have a look when I get chance

Thank you. It's incredibly frustrating. I had a very special trip to the UK booked for late June and today we learned we can't travel there until mid July despite the government saying last week the travel corridor will open soon. I've no doubt that same poster will be boasting about breaking the rules again before the weekend is out.

I am awaiting feedback from local mods. but am also prepared to act directly if required as it could be seen as encouraging others to break the law which is against site rules.

In the absence of further comment from the mods I've just dealt with this and banned the user from the Travel forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thank you so much. Travel mods not very visible or active from what I've noticed. It used to be one of my favourite forums.

If you have issues going forward there's no harm in dropping the local mods a PM. Then you can go to the CMods, or even feel free to drop me a PM if you feel things are not being dealt with appropriately

Advertisement