Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where would I buy a sports coat?

• 09-05-2021 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

When the shops reopen of course!

Any suggestions welcome

Tia
    Omt

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Depends how much you want to spend I suppose! M&S and Next definitely worth a look. On the higher end, Arnotts, Reiss, Massimo Dutti, Ted Baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Twee. wrote: »
    Depends how much you want to spend I suppose! M&S and Next definitely worth a look. On the higher end, Arnotts, Reiss, Massimo Dutti, Ted Baker.

I'm useless when it comes to fashion, need to smarten up a bit when we all return to the office!

Will check out M&S and Next thank you!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You might also try searching for blazer if you're browsing online, sport coat would be a more American term in my experience so you might get better results with blazer.

Could anyone give me links to a 'nice' blazer/sports coat? I really need to dress better for going back to the office!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Could anyone give me links to a 'nice' blazer/sports coat? I really need to dress better for going back to the office!

Can't go wrong here: https://suitsupply.com/en-ie/men/jackets/contemporary-jackets

Free delivery and returns so you could get a few and see which ones you like.

• Advertisement

Can't go wrong here: https://suitsupply.com/en-ie/men/jackets/contemporary-jackets

Free delivery and returns so you could get a few and see which ones you like.

Oooh pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Oooh pricey!

Well, if you want something decent that's going to look good, fit you properly, and last a while, you need to pay for it. Think of it as an investment.

I can attest to their quality; I have about six or seven of their suits. They use really good wool and they are very nicely made.

Well, if you want something decent that's going to look good, fit you properly, and last a while, you need to pay for it. Think of it as an investment.

I can attest to their quality; I have about six or seven of their suits. They use really good wool and they are very nicely made.

Fair enough! Thanks for making me aware of them :) I'll probably go with them for one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I do love a good blazer.

Suitsupply is great, but there are some other options I would recommend checking out too:

- TK Maxx: I've found some really nice Polo Ralph Lauren blazers in TK Maxx lately, prices range from €60 - €100 ish. Most of the ones I got were slim fit tweed blazers with leather elbow patches, kinda like this:

03eeb72438a9a4ca280af8d83d490ba0.jpg

Nice option for when you want to look a little dapper, but not too dressy.

- Kildare Outlet: Loads of good options here covering all price points from shops like: Eleventy, Reiss, Savoy Taylors Guild, Ted Baker, Boss etc. I got two Eleventy blazers last time I was down there including this one which I've gotten nothing but compliments about:

11807721-BLUE-239ecfcd-.jpeg

Zara/HM etc: Gonna throw out a curveball here, but I've grabbed some cheap blazers during the sales in Zara & HM and then got them tailored. Generally it costs me less than 120 all in and I gotta say they look absolutely fantastic.

Thank you too 3way! I might hit tk maxx!

• Advertisement
Advertisement