Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 261 - Apr 24th - 3 Title Fights

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Think Smith and Hall will win.

Hard to see Valentina being pushed much. Possible decision though.

Rose beat Joanna easier than Weili but it’s still hard to see her being beaten. Could be an epic close fight though.

Hoping Masvidal has more to offer this time. I’d imagine Mike Brown has a plan and Masvidal will show more aggression this time. Usman is such a beast though. Will take a spectacular KO to beat him.

Looking forward to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Buttonftw wrote: »
    Where the early pre-lims on?

on figt pass. Anyone see that molina fight?? holy ****!!! That 3rd round :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

That Molina fight was incredible. 2 unbelievable fights so far tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

That second fight was a war, starting off with a bang!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That was quick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    It's hard to get excited about the early prelims alright

A few debutants but most new enough to the ufc

:eek:

just incredible fights, main card will do well to be as good as the earlies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Couple of relatively tame affairs too tbf on the early pre lims, some quick/nice work there by Allen in that last one, I don't think I'll be staying up for the main card but looking forward to catching up tomorrow - same as everyone else really fully expecting 3 and stills with Thug Rose having the best chance of pulling off an upset because Zhang seems to enjoy a tear up and Rose is well capable of catching anyone but I think its tough to go against Zhang all things considered and I'd be surprised if theres a change of belt - I think Masvidal is a glorified journeyman tbh, pretty much always have and I don't see him having enough to trouble Usman because he is just a tank of a man and Andrade managing to get herself that match was the victory in itself, its a fight so obviously anything can happen but if I wake up tomorrow and she has beaten Shevchenko I will be astonished, safest of the 3 title fights for me.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Never seen a one handed RNC before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Looking forward to Zhang v Rose. Zhang has the potential to be a huge star - her fight with Joanna was one of the all-time greats.

Atmosphere is savage tonight!!!

Seeing a crowd back is class, gives a bit of hope things can get back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bruce giving it absolute socks. Incredible!

The crowd have been amazing. I expect a lot of "USA!" chants during this one. Normally I hate that rubbish but they can have it tonight :pac:

Those ankle rolls are tough to watch.

Delighted for Smith. He's a cool mother*cker and I love seeing him do well. Seems a real cool guy and the incident of him confronting the guy who broke into his house is a story and a half!

Watching the angle roll again and again was deeply unpleasant there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would be unfair not to mention that jab from Smith tonight, easily one of the best I’ve seen in MMA.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Would be unfair not to mention that jab from Smith tonight, easily one of the best I’ve seen in MMA.

Yeah, fair play to Crute. First thing he mentioned.

Horrible jab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Rally looking forward to this one

Fancy Hall here.

Weidman was 13-0 World Champion and beating Luke Rockhold. Tried a weird spinning back elbow and since then is 2-5.

Has anyone else's career ever turned so much for the worst based on one seemingly innocuous moment?

Think I’ll watch this one and leave the title fights for tomorrow, but having a full crowd back is just a totally different experience, great to see it. Hopefully that becomes the norm again very soon. :)

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Fancy Hall here.

Weidman was 13-0 World Champion and beating Luke Rockhold. Tried a weird spinning back elbow and since then is 2-5.

Has anyone else's career ever turned so much for the worst based on one seemingly innocuous moment?

100%

Think Hall smokes Weidman here. He hasn’t been the same since the Romero and Rockhold hidings.

Have Hall to win and to win by KO/TKO to start 2 accumulators. Watch him lose. :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh Fcuk! :eek:

OH NO!!!!

He Anderson Silva'd himself!

No need to show any replays of that, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

IVE WAITED EIGHT YEARS

JUSTICE FOR ANDERSON SILVA

Ah ffs.

The fúck

martyos121 wrote: »
    No need to show any replays of that, please.

Yeah put it on YouTube later, let the commentators see it if they want. I'm alright thanks. :/

I feel sick after looking at that....

Jesus Christ it’s sick.

So awful. So weird after the Anderson same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭hawaii501

OMG!! Definitely shouldn't have watched the replay.....

Advertisement