Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

To be honest his speech about the hateful comments on social media struck a chord with me. The vile abuse that men on this site dole out at tubridy is nothinv short of shameful. Angry bitter people with so little going on that the purposefully listen to a show they hate in order to give out about it.

And before someone says "Hi Ryan", you are not as original or funny as you think. Get a hobby boys.

Thank you for your contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

On the subject of ZTT, I was particularly taken with Duel, by Propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnQ2zOmb6Hg

I used to have a pile of FGTH 12" vinyl, Act 12"s, etc. Maybe about 20 or 25 items altogether.

Sold them all for next to nothing before the vinyl came back into fashion.

Miss them now, as many of those 12" mixes aren't on CD anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,601 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’ll just leave this here.

Sublime :)

To be honest his speech about the hateful comments on social media struck a chord with me. The vile abuse that men on this site dole out at tubridy is nothinv short of shameful. Angry bitter people with so little going on that the purposefully listen to a show they hate in order to give out about it.

And before someone says "Hi Ryan", you are not as original or funny as you think. Get a hobby boys.

There are women critics here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NIMAN wrote: »
    I used to have a pile of FGTH 12" vinyl, Act 12"s, etc. Maybe about 20 or 25 items altogether.

Sold them all for next to nothing before the vinyl came back into fashion.

Miss them now, as many of those 12" mixes aren't on CD anywhere.

Jaysis dat was a bit silly wasn't it.........?

Sorry for your loss caller. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This thread is usually good natured , but yes there are horrible people on the internet and yes the majority of abusers are probably men, I’m sure there’s a psychology paper on it at this stage

This thread is usually good natured , but yes there are horrible people on the internet and yes the majority of abusers are probably men, I’m sure there’s a psychology paper on it at this stage

Women are equally capable of that in my experience :D
    Pms from women can be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I rarely listen to the Tubridy show but do drop into this thread (along with other threads on boards) from time to time.
    I've made a few comments here, but never any "vile abuse".

Nor am I angry or bitter, I'm quite easygoing really.
    I happened to be listening to the 9am news this morning and left the radio on while I was making some breakfast.
    Tubs was rambling inanely about I forget what so I turned off the radio and carried on with my day.
    No drama.

I find him very condescending but if you're a fan of the show there is another less critical thread here you might enjoy more than this one.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058149300&page=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

To be honest his speech about the hateful comments on social media struck a chord with me. The vile abuse that men on this site dole out at tubridy is nothinv short of shameful.

I think there should be a happy medium between both. It's not right that he should be roundly criticized all of the time. But neither is it right that he should never read out even one critical text or be open to some forum where the audience have the right to their opinion on him. He's paid a lot of money from the public purse and should be more accountable than he is.

I think if he actually read out some of the critical texts it would make him more of a human being, and less aloof and cosseted. George Hook used to read out the worst of the texts that people would send him and it made it come across as more humble. Plus it was hilarious!

I think there should be a happy medium between both. It's not right that he should be roundly criticized all of the time. But neither is it right that he should never read out even one critical text or be open to some forum where the audience have the right to their opinion on him. He's paid a lot of money from the public purse and should be more accountable than he is.

I think if he actually read out some of the critical texts it would make him more of a human being, and less aloof and cosseted. George Hook used to read out the worst of the texts that people would send him and it made it come across as more humble. Plus it was hilarious!

Very well put! A hint of self-critique would make him more likeable as a presenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The man is in a bubble. Has been all his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Tubridy was on his bike yesterday.

I wonder does he still use stabilisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 54,578 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Please, make him stop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Tubridy was on his bike yesterday.

I wonder does he still use stabilisers?

Or one of the old style ones with a massive wheel at the front. So quaint.

PieOhMy wrote: »

Bound to have a wicker basket to carry his bottles of fizzy pop, and bags of sweets.

Teacher FM

EDIT: Teacher doesn't suffer from a lack of self esteem.

Having a few classes per teacher is going to be his new thing. Its charming and quaint.

Wants to visit the school? What? I dont think men/women are allowed just do random tours of schools. I suppose it's a perk of being Chief Messer Toyman of the Irish Dignity Brigade tho. He just says what he wants and then it happens.

Now the teacher from the school. He actually seems like a really interesting guy, great attitude and seems well travelled and able to interact with children. Good interviewee.

Now the teacher from the school.

Wait for the invite from the teacher. It's on its way.

"Tell me about your son who died will you"

Edit: In response to this the teacher named his son and listed some positive things that happened I.e the make a wish foundation etc.

Ryan then asked: "what was your son's name? Can you tell me more about his illness"

Any of the lurkers who read this thread closely or anyone with a sense of decency would surely agree that this isnt normal.
    Such a positive nice man and Tubridy asked about a tragedy, that's fine, we dont need to hide these things, but the man answered in a positive fashion and Tubridy went back for more. He wanted a more miserable response. He wouldnt ask a politician the same question twice like that.

• Advertisement

"Tell me about your son who died will you"

This is a perversion, no other word for it.

Referencing McGuigan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This is a perversion, no other word for it.

Ray D’Arcy must be fuming that Tubridy is stealing his act.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Remember how he called the show "an oasis from the misery" last week?!

Willie Wonka reference.

Earlier this week, we had an It's a Wonderful Life reference.

It's January 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

a347ec3fcbd13f90e7d358f32e33b501.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Love the way he keeps pushing the editorial decision to have Barry McGuigan on ,onto the guest himself - Barry wanted to do it I swear we didn't force him!

People are just let on to the LLS any time they want to speak abut something now apparently. Cowardly comment.

Wait for the invite from the teacher. It's on its way.

Close but ryan actually invited himself !

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Brian Kennedy

A Covid friendly voice

Advertisement